• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Train ride to SoCal

DiveMan911

First Name
R.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'06 Acura TL, '13 Ford Escape
There has been an update. FordPass app access was taken away, so I don't know where the truck is anymore. Although I did receive an update on the tracker...it has gone back to "Built" with a delivery estimate of July 27-Aug 2nd.
I am hoping for the best, but prepared for the worst in light of the news about the BNSF Embargo. I suspect I won't be seeing this truck for awhile...maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.
Anyone hearing any word on this embargo? Any alternate plans for Ford that anyone has heard of?
Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
There has been an update. FordPass app access was taken away, so I don't know where the truck is anymore. Although I did receive an update on the tracker...it has gone back to "Built" with a delivery estimate of July 27-Aug 2nd.
I am hoping for the best, but prepared for the worst in light of the news about the BNSF Embargo. I suspect I won't be seeing this truck for awhile...maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.
Anyone hearing any word on this embargo? Any alternate plans for Ford that anyone has heard of?
As far as I know the embargo starts tomorrow and there are waivers that can be submitted. My delivery dates are still the same 24th-30th, Truck is in Emporia, KS. Who knows.

Maybe they’ll start using UP.

DiveMan911

First Name
R.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'06 Acura TL, '13 Ford Escape
As far as I know the embargo starts tomorrow and there are waivers that can be submitted. My delivery dates are still the same 24th-30th, Truck is in Emporia, KS. Who knows.

Maybe they’ll start using UP.
I've seen trucks coming via UP as a suggested alternative...I can only hope!!

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Good news-bad news.

Good news: Your truck is already on the BNSF Transcon in Emporia.
Bad News: It's part of the congestion.

Bad news: Auto traffic is not included in traffic that is eligible for permits/waivers. Think hazmats, military, and grain.

"An embargo may contain provision for a permit system to provide controlled movement of Traffic, including permits for special emergency situations where there is public necessity for special transportation relief. "

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Good news-bad news.

Good news: Your truck is already on the BNSF Transcon in Emporia.
Bad News: It's part of the congestion.

Bad news: Auto traffic is not included in traffic that is eligible for permits/waivers. Think hazmats, military, and grain.
Well there you go. More bad news, Trucks still at the factory will probably get delivered before mine.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Avocadodude

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
I just keep getting told tomorrow. The truck will be here tomorrow.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Well there you go. More bad news, Trucks still at the factory will probably get delivered before mine.
Wow, I had no idea that wind, flash flooding and rail traffic all can place an embargo on all rail traffic.

Does Ford use other transport carriers like UP ?

Can they switch from BNSF to UP mid-transport ?

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Wow, I had no idea that wind, flash flooding and rail traffic all can place an embargo on all rail traffic.

Does Ford use other transport carriers like UP ?

Can they switch from BNSF to UP mid-transport ?
I’m not sure about mid transport because the way my ICE was delivered by UP was going through Neb, Utah, Col, Nevada. But yeah, I assume they will ship most through UP for now.

Sponsored

Battalion3419

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 lightning
Occupation
Firefighter
For better or worse my salesman told me from the beginning…patience will be be required. It’s a long drawn out process.
He was right.
With perhaps many variables that we do not see on our side. Things that I cannot change or control.... Deep breath...

Emersonsdad

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E
It doesn’t matter who it’s shipped by right now. It’s happening to all of the Big 4 railroads. The Safety Transportation Board just had a hearing with them to which they all got scolded. Plus the UP just got ordered to prioritize grain to California for feed.

Emersonsdad

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E
If your truck is going to NorCal by BNSF, it actually travels on UP rail between Mojave and Bakersfield. And it’s the slowest leg to Richmond.

OP
OP
Avocadodude

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
It doesn’t matter who it’s shipped by right now. It’s happening to all of the Big 4 railroads. The Safety Transportation Board just had a hearing with them to which they all got scolded. Plus the UP just got ordered to prioritize grain to California for feed.
Wow, none of this transportation stuff seems to make the nightly news (or I'm just a crappy listener). I'm sitting here whining about not taking delivery of my truck yet, but there's so much more stuff delayed that's probably way more important than my truck.
Sponsored