• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Did you decide on color for the Antimatter Blue? I've not taken posession of mine yet but wondering the same for after market emblems.
I ordered the gloss black - should be here tomorrow. So dang hot here I don't have my quartz coating on it yet, so the letters won't go on just yet, but I can lay them up and take pics to see what it is going to look like.
Sponsored

BRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge 3500, Kubota 5420, Honda Pilot
I ordered the gloss black - should be here tomorrow. So dang hot here I don't have my quartz coating on it yet, so the letters won't go on just yet, but I can lay them up and take pics to see what it is going to look like.
When it cools off, I'd enjoy seeing how it turns out for you. The antimatter blue I've not yet seen in person so living vicariously from those of you who have it. ⚡ :cool:

AT193

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning - Lariat SR - Antimatter Blue
Did you decide on color for the Antimatter Blue? I've not taken posession of mine yet but wondering the same for after market emblems.
I ordered the "lightning blue" for the small charging door and back tailgate lettering as well. Both are vinyl from the Etsy shop. I did some quick photoshopping (tests pictures below), and think it's going to pop nicely with the outline of the "Lightning" emblem on the bed sides. The blue in that emblem is surprisingly noticable from most angles, which you can see on the left in my picture below.
Ford F-150 Lightning 🙋‍♂️ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? bluedecal2~2
Ford F-150 Lightning 🙋‍♂️ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? bluedecal

Last edited:

Intellibeam

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Iced Blue Silver
Damn, I thought you were going to post about a mass update going out tonight….
Is there really an update going out tonight or was that sarcasm lol.

BRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge 3500, Kubota 5420, Honda Pilot
I ordered the "lightning blue" for the small charging door and back tailgate lettering as well. Both are vinyl from the Etsy shop. I did some quick photoshopping (tests pictures below), and think it's going to pop nicely with the outline of the "Lightning" emblem on the bed sides. The blue in that emblem is surprisingly noticable from most angles, which you can see on the left in my picture below.
bluedecal2~2.jpg
bluedecal.jpg
THAT LOOKS GREAT!!! Thank you. You've convinced me to move up this "accessory" on my list for when I get my new rig. Really, looks nice. Sweet.

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
bluedecal2~2.jpg
bluedecal.jpg
I have to admit - I'm not a fan of the Atlas blue, but that looks good. It is close enough to the blue in the Lightning on the side of the bed it might just work if Black doesn't.

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
How is your reception with just the cap? I was looking at a 1.5" stubby antenna, but like this better if you can still get local FM.
I didn't try reception with the factory antenna since I never listen to terrestrial radio, but reception with the cap is garbage. There are a few strong stations around here that still come in but are kind of staticky. I would not recommend the cap to anyone who actually plans to use their radio.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I didn't try reception with the factory antenna since I never listen to terrestrial radio, but reception with the cap is garbage. There are a few strong stations around here that still come in but are kind of staticky. I would not recommend the cap to anyone who actually plans to use their radio.
Good to know - thanks!

Sponsored

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Sittin' On The Dock of Bay, watchin' the tide.....
Vehicles
It's got four wheels - Waiting on my '22 Lightning
Got my lit ford logo installed today. I tapped fuse 48 which only turns on when truck is on.

1A820991-A275-4A20-BB13-99E5E00E076F.jpeg

7B7541C4-9F2B-4E0F-8B41-AAF3F2E432A6.jpeg

418209D0-E708-44CF-A653-FABEAAFF41DA.jpeg

E8C6BCBE-F373-4784-A509-2C957593C466.jpeg

BFDA77AF-3237-4D1C-BD8A-E6EEB3517812.jpeg

45FD224A-580C-42E9-8067-3AA366C93D19.jpeg

3440D2CC-3E17-4D2F-8CE5-BAAFA9CEC621.jpeg
Wasn't it fun to install? I might have to consider 48 to tap into. I think I did 118.

I have come to appreciate the muted tone of the grille now with the emblem when it's off too.

jredondox

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Wasn't it fun to install? I might have to consider 48 to tap into. I think I did 118.

I have come to appreciate the muted tone of the grille now with the emblem when it's off too.
Was easy. 45 min instal

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Sittin' On The Dock of Bay, watchin' the tide.....
Vehicles
It's got four wheels - Waiting on my '22 Lightning
Was easy. 45 min instal
Yeah. It doesn't take too long to get the meat and potatoes done, I overthink things and had to figure out what to take off and how to route it. That's what made it take longer for me.

I hope you like it. I like the different look of it.

jredondox

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Yeah. It doesn't take too long to get the meat and potatoes done, I overthink things and had to figure out what to take off and how to route it. That's what made it take longer for me.

I hope you like it. I like the different look of it.
Just the rear now

FinsNBolts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
This is my new favorite thread! Lots of “simple” mods that make a big difference. Love the lighted emblem and that y’all are ballsy enough to take disassemble on your own. Looking forward to your creativity so I can ride your coattails and copy your recipes.
Sponsored