Sponsored

Shortcut on main screen for camera possible?

Joneii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla MY
agree, customizing the screen layout should be a standard thing.
Exactly, customizable is the way to go. I thought Ford had already done this when I saw the “My View” selection in the instrument cluster menu screen. “Perfect,” I thought, “I’ll just be able to select the various pieces of information that I find important and save it to my Driver Profile.” Well, needless to say I was disappointed to find out that My View just takes you to Calm Screen view. At least it is a way to hands-on select a view where I can see battery percentage without engaging my cruise control. So much wasted potential, Ford.
Sponsored

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
Can I say how disappointed I am with this camera system? The GMC Sierra Denali I traded in for this truck had such a better system! The 360 view covered much more area around the truck (about double what I'm seeing on the Lightning) and if I moved from reverse to drive, or drive to reverse, the cameras would switch over. Guidelines were available on both the front and rear cameras.

That and the 24-hour clock (can't seem to get the vehicle to save it in military time) are really the only complaints I have with the Lightning...everything else beats all of the high-end trucks I've been driving for the last 15 years by a wide margin!

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired
That and the 24-hour clock (can't seem to get the vehicle to save it in military time) are really the only complaints
I have the same problem, this bug needs fixing!

Joneii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My 24 hr clock works fine. I set it on 24 hrs when I picked it up a month ago, so I don’t remember what the steps were, but I do remember that it was simple. I wonder if it has something to do with the software version? My PAAK doesn’t work and I would gladly trade the 24 hr clock to get PAAK that works!

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
The best alternative is to briefly shift to reverse enabling the backup camera with the 360 view at the top of the screen. Be sure the rear camera delay is on, and the camera view will be persistent as long as you stay below 5 MPH or shift to P.
Good advice. Thanks.

Sponsored

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
My 24 hr clock works fine. I set it on 24 hrs when I picked it up a month ago, so I don’t remember what the steps were, but I do remember that it was simple. I wonder if it has something to do with the software version? My PAAK doesn’t work and I would gladly trade the 24 hr clock to get PAAK that works!
24 hour clock has worked for me since I took delivery in June.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
24 hour clock has worked for me since I took delivery in June.
I can select the 24 hour mode, but the next day it's reverted to 12 hour, 6/6 BW, Built 6/30, in service 8/4

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I can select the 24 hour mode, but the next day it's reverted to 12 hour, 6/6 BW, Built 6/30, in service 8/4
Maybe your CMOS battery needs to be replaced? (J/K)

Ford F-150 Lightning Shortcut on main screen for camera possible? Cr2032

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER

Sponsored

Eric2XU

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR Anti-Mater Blue - Pending
For what its worth, Ford can totally fix all of these usability issues with Sync software. They could for example open up the top row for favorite settings areas and simply put stars in each screen you can press to add that area to the favorates bar sort of thing.

Now if they do it or not is the real question. I am for the moment going to give them the benifit of the doubt. I know they are busy with fixing more critial issues like how my truck always charges to 100% even though it clearly sees the truck at home and should charge to 80%.

If they really embrace the model of iterivitve software improvements over time the progression would be fixing ciritial issues first, but then turning to usablity ones. So say me, a computer enginner (that doesn't work for Ford).

There is also always the hope someone hacks the thing, fixes all the issues, then blocks future updates.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
For what its worth, Ford can totally fix all of these usability issues with Sync software. They could for example open up the top row for favorite settings areas and simply put stars in each screen you can press to add that area to the favorates bar sort of thing.

Now if they do it or not is the real question. I am for the moment going to give them the benifit of the doubt. I know they are busy with fixing more critial issues like how my truck always charges to 100% even though it clearly sees the truck at home and should charge to 80%.

If they really embrace the model of iterivitve software improvements over time the progression would be fixing ciritial issues first, but then turning to usablity ones. So say me, a computer enginner (that doesn't work for Ford).

There is also always the hope someone hacks the thing, fixes all the issues, then blocks future updates.
Do you have the truck set to "charge when plugged in" or did you define a charging window? "Charge when plugged in" overrides the charging limit. If you want to have the limit but also charge whenever, you need to define a 24hr charging window.

Yes it makes no sense and the usability is horrible, but it works.

Eric2XU

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR Anti-Mater Blue - Pending
yeah its not set to "charge when plugged in" although I have used that in the past before long trips. I get the feeling the app and the truck dont always sync correctly when that toggle is changed.

PiMatrix

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Exactly, customizable is the way to go. I thought Ford had already done this when I saw the “My View” selection in the instrument cluster menu screen. “Perfect,” I thought, “I’ll just be able to select the various pieces of information that I find important and save it to my Driver Profile.” Well, needless to say I was disappointed to find out that My View just takes you to Calm Screen view. At least it is a way to hands-on select a view where I can see battery percentage without engaging my cruise control. So much wasted potential, Ford.
Agree on all the comments regarding the UI. Ford should get with Apple and take all their unused work on the apple car and create a new Ford interface. Or hire some top UI engineers that have worked for apple. Bottom line is that the most used functions when driving should be the easiest and least distracting to get to. Otherwise it is a serious safety issue and will cost lives at some point.

Since the car is a week or so old I am still learning but one surprising thing is that when I change lanes from left to right the camera does not automatically turn on to show view in the blind spot lane to right. This is a feature in just about every car with camera we have owned. Is it possible to turn this on in the lightning or did they leave this valuable safety feature out?[/QUOTE]

Joneii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Agree on all the comments regarding the UI. Ford should get with Apple and take all their unused work on the apple car and create a new Ford interface. Or hire some top UI engineers that have worked for apple. Bottom line is that the most used functions when driving should be the easiest and least distracting to get to. Otherwise it is a serious safety issue and will cost lives at some point.

Since the car is a week or so old I am still learning but one surprising thing is that when I change lanes from left to right the camera does not automatically turn on to show view in the blind spot lane to right. This is a feature in just about every car with camera we have owned. Is it possible to turn this on in the lightning or did they leave this valuable safety feature out?
[/QUOTE]
I haven’t seen a way to do it other than leaving the camera screen up. It doesn’t have a setting to bring it up with the turn signal. The good news is that the mirrors are a good size and have yellow indicator lights if the vehicle detects an object in the blind spot.
Sponsored