Sponsored

✅ 10/24 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT SR; 2003 Mercury Marauder (For Sale)
Occupation
Data Wrangler
I’m been hoping someone hits activate too
I instantly get a message saying Feature Unavailable and to try after taking delivery...
Sponsored

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
I instantly get a message saying Feature Unavailable and to try after taking delivery...
That’s what mine did for a while until a couple days ago, at which point it let me start the activation process.

Now it says “Activation Pending” and if I click on the button, it tells me to go to the truck to complete the activation. Obviously I can’t do that yet haha

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
That’s what mine did for a while until a couple days ago, at which point it let me start the activation process.

Now it says “Activation Pending” and if I click on the button, it tells me to go to the truck to complete the activation. Obviously I can’t do that yet haha
That’s where mine is.

Nebraskabob

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning pro, maverick xlt
Private offer???

So I delayed my spring reservation and was wave 1 this fall and ordered a Pro SR. So I thought I should be eligible for the 7k private offer.

So I called my dealer today to have him look for my private offer. He did find an offer for the 7k, but said I would have to pay the extra 5k price increase that the pro models just got. Does that sound correct.l? I had ordered before the 2nd increase happened. Anyone actually get their truck with the private offers yet?

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Data Wrangler
Private offer???

So I delayed my spring reservation and was wave 1 this fall and ordered a Pro SR. So I thought I should be eligible for the 7k private offer.

So I called my dealer today to have him look for my private offer. He did find an offer for the 7k, but said I would have to pay the extra 5k price increase that the pro models just got. Does that sound correct.l? I had ordered before the 2nd increase happened. Anyone actually get their truck with the private offers yet?
Your dealer is incorrect. I don't think anyone has first hand experience yet but Ford will do something to credit the $5k back to you, I have heard it called a rebate but it will be at point of sale. In short wave 1 and 2 pro orders should get $12000 off of the sticker price.

Sponsored

surferjoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Private offer???

Your dealer is incorrect. The entire purpose of the private offer is to reset your actual price to the original 2022 pricing. Your order at Ford.com will show the applicable pricing, which will represent the $7k bump (being offset by the private offer). Your window sticker will show the second $5k bump . . . which would apply to a secondary purchaser in case you decide not to finalize your order. Print your order confirmation/pricing and take that to your dealer. As others have noted, if your dealer continues to bluff, call Ford Customer Service to straighten things out.

Nebraskabob

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I hope so, looks like I have about 2-3 weeks before delivery so I hope we get this figured out by then.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Private offer???

No, it is not correct.

You ordered before the price change, so you get price protection ($5k)

Per the Ford document attached here: https://www.f150forum.com/f129/ford-price-protection-program-incentive-protection-521896/

Automatic Price Protection

• Should a vehicle price change, confirmed retail and fleet vehicle orders are protected to the price levels (base price, options and D&D) that were in effect when the order was originally received. The vehicle must be sold to the customer for whom it was originally ordered.

• The dealer will receive an adjusted invoice; the adjusted price will appear on his Dealer Payment Statement (DPS) in the section labeled “Price Protection” approximately 30-45 days after the vehicle is reported sold.

You also get the Private Offer, like he already admitted to ($7k)

Per Ford's document to dealers: "Any unscheduled 22MY F-150 Lightning retail customer order that is converted to a 23MY via Model Year Change Over and 22MY invited reservation holders who chose to "Extend My Reservation" for an unavailable configuration previously will be eligible for a 23MY F-150 Lightning Transition Private Offer.

You should get $12k off.

Hard to say if your dealer is purposely wrong or accidentally wrong, but he's wrong.

Nebraskabob

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The dealer is trying to tell me that Ford has changed the policy and are not doing price protection anymore.

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Data Wrangler
The dealer is trying to tell me that Ford has changed the policy and are not doing price protection anymore.
Sadly some dealer simply suck. I think the next step is to call Ford corporate customer service and see if they can arrange to have someone educate you dealer. While the selling price is ultimately set by the dealer, price protection is done by Ford corporate.

Sponsored

Halbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Engineer
Sadly some dealer simply suck. I think the next step is to call Ford corporate customer service and see if they can arrange to have someone educate you dealer. While the selling price is ultimately set by the dealer, price protection is done by Ford corporate.
My biggest fear in this whole process is that my truck will finally arrive near the end of the year and the dealer will pull some sort of cap like this knowing that I have the tax rebate deadline pressure and will try and force my hand into paying more. I do not like dealers. I have had to fight more times than I'd like to admit just to have them do what they said or what is correct... and now they know they've got me by the short hairs on this one and it isn't a great position for trying to force anything to happen. I've been very open about the price the vehicle will be and the dealer hasn't pushed back yet. Based upon how little the dealers seem to know about the whole process, a tiny fraction of me believes they are not maliciously incorrect but my 20 years of dealing with them flashes great big warning lights.

markeyv

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 XLT Lightning SR
Occupation
architect
i changed to. 11/11 built over night.
now the next wait

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
Private offer???

You should get both. Call customer service ask about the private offer. Ignore the highlighted XLT, that’s from another post

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 10/24 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 9DB1ACE6-8176-4743-BCD2-F71F08CC6405

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 10/24 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) CEECDC56-4497-4AA6-B56A-7C8EA602B541
Sponsored