Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Occupation
Sales
Hey Everyone!

I am successfully using a properly connected 80a Ford Charge Station Pro, but for the life of me I can't get it paired to my new '23 Lightning. I go into the INTELLIGENT BACKUP POWER button in my Lightning settings and get it to the pairing stage. The charger comes up in the list as "FORD3000" (which is weird to me) and when I click to pair to it, it always fails.

The truck is parked right beside the charger during this process - couldn't get it any closer.

Has anyone had a similar story and found a solution?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Oafy44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 ford lightning
Occupation
Landscape contractor
Hey Everyone!

I am successfully using a properly connected 80a Ford Charge Station Pro, but for the life of me I can't get it paired to my new '23 Lightning. I go into the INTELLIGENT BACKUP POWER button in my Lightning settings and get it to the pairing stage. The charger comes up in the list as "FORD3000" (which is weird to me) and when I click to pair to it, it always fails.

The truck is parked right beside the charger during this process - couldn't get it any closer.

Thanks in advance!
I just figured this out after a couple days of thumbing around

go into or download the Ford charge Station App (not ford pass). Then it will ask you to pair Bluetooth then Wi-Fi. After it does that it will give you a few options to choose from- I think it’s 4 or 5different options. A couple are very close to the same thing if I remember but look for “pair with ford pass” or something like that. Once you do that it will download into your ford pass.
Then open ford pass and go up to your top right “account” icon which is an outline of a person. Click there and then scroll down to bottom right. It will stay connect charge station. Once you open that if synced up correctly will show your data for the charger.
It took me a couple days to keep trying it because the options at the beginning were very similar. It would tell me to download FordPass to connect the charger (its set up as you don’t have FordPass vs already having FordPass…at least that’s the way I saw it). but then I finally saw the pair charger with ford pass option.

This is simply to pair the charger to the truck. This is not to run power power to a house or another tool

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Hey Everyone!

Thanks in advance!
If you're talking about the backup power that sends power from the truck to your house, you need a lot more hardware than just the Charge Station Pro.

OP
OP
kapmagnuson

kapmagnuson

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Occupation
Sales
I just figured this out after a couple days of thumbing around

go into or download the Ford charge Station App (not ford pass). Then it will ask you to pair Bluetooth then Wi-Fi. After it does that it will give you a few options to choose from- I think it’s 4 or 5different options. A couple are very close to the same thing if I remember but look for “pair with ford pass” or something like that. Once you do that it will download into your ford pass.
Then open ford pass and go up to your top right “account” icon which is an outline of a person. Click there and then scroll down to bottom right. It will stay connect charge station. Once you open that if synced up correctly will show your data for the charger.
It took me a couple days to keep trying it because the options at the beginning were very similar. It would tell me to download FordPass to connect the charger (its set up as you don’t have FordPass vs already having FordPass…at least that’s the way I saw it). but then I finally saw the pair charger with ford pass option.

This is simply to pair the charger to the truck. This is not to run power power to a house or another tool
Thanks Oafy - I've already completed that step. I'm now looking to pair my truck to the charging station which is a different process completely. You can't run the backup power option til the truck is paired to the charger and that's where I'm having trouble. Cheers!

Sponsored

Oafy44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 ford lightning
Occupation
Landscape contractor
Thanks Oafy - I've already completed that step. I'm now looking to pair my truck to the charging station which is a different process completely. You can't run the backup power option til the truck is paired to the charger and that's where I'm having trouble. Cheers!
ah got it. Sorry. I misread your comment.Already stated but yes you would need more then the pro to power your house if that’s what your trying to do

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
You need all these parts, if they are installed, and the commissioning process was completed, then it should work.
Ford F-150 Lightning Pairing Ford Charge Station Pro to F-150 Lightning 1673561089921