I got one!

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Took a bit of effort to settle, but I just put a deposit on a 2022 Rapid Red Lariat, ER, max tow, spray bed liner, $85,244 ($4k over MSRP). I had another lined up with same options except in Star White and $2500 over MSRP. However that one also had $1700 in dealer add ons. Wife and I both liked the red color better so that's what we went with. I'll finish up the transaction for it on Monday and then have it shipped here. I double checked with them, it's never been registered or titled so it is still eligible for the tax credit (MSRP sans delivery is $79k). SO EXCITED!!!

However, I'm not looking forward to cleaning up the garage this weekend so it will fit. Also...need to call an electrician. So much to do!

One last thought, do I need to oupdate the order spreadsheet since I won't be ordering now?
Sponsored

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Took a bit of effort to settle, but I just put a deposit on a 2022 Rapid Red Lariat, ER, max tow, spray bed liner, $85,244 ($4k over MSRP). I had another lined up with same options except in Star White and $2500 over MSRP. However that one also had $1700 in dealer add ons. Wife and I both liked the red color better so that's what we went with. I'll finish up the transaction for it on Monday and then have it shipped here. I double checked with them, it's never been registered or titled so it is still eligible for the tax credit (MSRP sans delivery is $79k). SO EXCITED!!!

However, I'm not looking forward to cleaning up the garage this weekend so it will fit. Also...need to call an electrician. So much to do!

One last thought, do I need to oupdate the order spreadsheet since I won't be ordering now?
Congrats 🎉🎉🎉

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I don't think it's eligible for the tax credit now that it's calendar year 2023 and the price is over 80k.

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
Welcome to the club! I agree that you may not qualify for the tax credit. Make sure you some research before you sign on the dotted line.

OP
OP

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I don't think it's eligible for the tax credit now that it's calendar year 2023 and the price is over 80k.
The IRS language explicitly stated the delivery fee is not included as far as base MSRP is concerned. Which means it will qualify. That said, I'm sending the window sticker to my CPA to confirm.

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
The IRS language explicitly stated the delivery fee is not included as far as base MSRP is concerned. Which means it will qualify. That said, I'm sending the window sticker to my CPA to confirm.
You're exactly correct. If the MSRP-D&D is below 80k it will qualify. As long as you meet the income restrictions, you're golden.

Last edited:

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
The price cap is MSRP less delivery fee and any dealer-installed or aftermarket options that may have been included. So as long as the MSRP less delivery and any add-ons is under $80K, you're good. And it makes no difference what you actually paid for it.

Lots of these '22 mannequins are coming up for sale and dealerships are tacking on the mark-ups again. The '22 Lariats can be nicely loaded and still qualify for the tax credit and have no missing features. So even with mark-up, they're still a better deal than buying a 2023.

Anyway, congrats.

wiffleballpractice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat SR, XC40 Recharge, XC90, Cayman
Occupation
Pretend Electrical Engineer
The price cap is MSRP less delivery fee and any dealer-installed or aftermarket options that may have been included. So as long as the MSRP less delivery and any add-ons is under $80K, you're good. And it makes no difference what you actually paid for it.

Lots of these '22 mannequins are coming up for sale and dealerships are tacking on the mark-ups again. The '22 Lariats can be nicely loaded and still qualify for the tax credit and have no missing features. So even with mark-up, they're still a better deal than buying a 2023.

Anyway, congrats.
True indeed. I've been harassing my local dealers for the last month and this week one of them sold me a '22 Lariat SR at '22 MSRP with a $1500 "dealer option" which is well under '23 pricing and only marginally more than the 312a XLT SR I would have wanted to order. Plus I have a heated steering wheel.

Congrats OP, hope you enjoy it!

OP
OP

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
... this week one of them sold me a '22 Lariat SR at '22 MSRP ...

Congrats OP, hope you enjoy it!
Wow, nice job getting them down to msrp! It was a struggle to get these guys to come from $10k to $4k. I guess the states with fewer trucks can still justify higher demand. I had to remind them that there are plenty in southern CA if they didn't want to budge.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
No worries, there are MANY records in the reservations list that we will never see the light of day as to final outcome.

Definitely record your stats' on the owners list though, Congrat's on your pending new truck!!

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
Congratulations.. 4k over sticker to get a 2022 Extended Range that doesn't have chip deletes is a very good deal in today's environment.
Sponsored