Sponsored

Cybertruck riding at max height suspension (video)

Joneii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla MY
That’s pretty sick. I hope they do vehicle to home/grid. If they do, I will seriously consider trading the Lightning in 5 years from now when I might have a chance at actually getting on the list for the Cybertruck. I’m not one of the 700,000 with a reservation, so I figure that puts me about 5 years out.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
That’s pretty sick. I hope they do vehicle to home/grid. If they do, I will seriously consider trading the Lightning in 5 years from now when I might have a chance at actually getting on the list for the Cybertruck. I’m not one of the 700,000 with a reservation, so I figure that puts me about 5 years out.
You’ll be in there before 5 years. There are a lot of Crypto Bros and scalpers who won’t be converting their reservations.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Stay in touch - I've got two reservations and I'll need to pay for my truck :).

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat SR
I don't know how anyone can find that thing visually appealing. Different? For sure. Good looking? Not in the least.

Sponsored

Lavaorange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Miata, Lightning Lariat
I don't know how anyone can find that thing visually appealing. Different? For sure. Good looking? Not in the least.
I completely agree. When they "launched" the CT I, like many, thought it was meant to be a joke by Elon. When (or if;)) the day comes when I actually see one driving down the road, I wonder what emotions it will invoke. I just can't believe how many people are interested in this thing. We humans are an odd and diverse bunch I suppose.

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat SR
I completely agree. When they "launched" the CT I, like many, thought it was meant to be a joke by Elon. When (or if;)) the day comes when I actually see one driving down the road, I wonder what emotions it will invoke. I just can't believe how many people are interested in this thing. We humans are an odd and diverse bunch I suppose.
I agree. It's definitely not my taste, but I'm sure some people will like the uniqueness of it and go all in on it. For me personally, I just don't see it.

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
I think it's the ugliest thing ever made but if it performs to the advertised specs at a reasonable price it'll be the most capable 1/2 ton pickup available. Gas or electric!

Reactions: GDN

Joneii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla MY
I don’t find it attractive visually, but it’s form follows function and that I really appreciate. Eliminating the need for a frame allowed them to use a heavy, durable material in the form of a stainless steel exoskeleton. The weird shape is the compromise of structural strength, optimum aerodynamics and utilitarian space. If it performs as advertised (and I believe it will) and they include a feature like ProPower Onboard, I will overlook the ugly. I just hope someone comes up with cool looking wraps so I can distinguish mine from every other one in the parking lot.

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I don’t find it attractive visually, but it’s form follows function and that I really appreciate. Eliminating the need for a frame allowed them to use a heavy, durable material in the form of a stainless steel exoskeleton. The weird shape is the compromise of structural strength, optimum aerodynamics and utilitarian space. If it performs as advertised (and I believe it will) and they include a feature like ProPower Onboard, I will overlook the ugly. I just hope someone comes up with cool looking wraps so I can distinguish mine from every other one in the parking lot.
Well considering they can’t even get this thing up a curb without wedge blocks I’m not sure it will perform as advertised….

Ford F-150 Lightning Cybertruck riding at max height suspension (video) E416FA34-DD21-40BA-8B45-B9FD1E00690F

lightspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I know you're just having fun with the rhetoric, but no Tesla employee is going to crash their only demo mule. That would be a career limiting move.

I do think it looks interesting BECAUSE it's so different (and kinda sci-fi). I wouldn't call it pretty. The way cars and trucks look today is pretty arbitrary.

I think my Lightning looks kinda boring honestly because the grill is blahh, the front lightbar is milky yuckness, and they shaved off the fender accent body lines so it looks too smooth on the side. But it's still a good truck.

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
The one thing I can't get over is that with the sloped back, it will be pretty much impossible to grab stuff from the bed from the side. Most trucks I can lean over, and if I need to, I step up on the tire. But the way the cyber truck looks, you will probably only be able to access the bed from the back and that just kills the utility of it IMHO. The massive monowiper too is dumb. I'm frankly surprised that stuck with it, I figured it was a concept and the real thing would be more typical (like the ram).

That said, these will still sell but probably not that great. It's aerodynamics aren't going to be great and it's definitely going to be expensive. I think it'll be popular with those who want the attention and shock value of driving one.

lightspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
The one thing I can't get over is that with the sloped back, it will be pretty much impossible to grab stuff from the bed from the side. Most trucks I can lean over, and if I need to, I step up on the tire. But the way the cyber truck looks, you will probably only be able to access the bed from the back and that just kills the utility of it IMHO. The massive monowiper too is dumb. I'm frankly surprised that stuck with it, I figured it was a concept and the real thing would be more typical (like the ram).

That said, these will still sell but probably not that great. It's aerodynamics aren't going to be great and it's definitely going to be expensive. I think it'll be popular with those who want the attention and shock value of driving one.
The aero of the CT will be much better than a regular truck. I'm not sure why you think it won't when basically it's the ideal shape for aero which is why it's that shape.

I agree about bed access except that bed access is basically zero in modern trucks anyway. Silverados/F150s are so high with tall bed sides that normal height people really can't reach into them very far.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
The aero of the CT will be much better than a regular truck. I'm not sure why you think it won't when basically it's the ideal shape for aero which is why it's that shape.

I agree about bed access except that bed access is basically zero in modern trucks anyway. Silverados/F150s are so high with tall bed sides that normal height people really can't reach into them very far.
If I recall Elon said it was that shape because that is what he wanted when he was younger? I don’t think it had anything to do with aerodynamics, either way, the weight alone is going to negate any aerodynamic advantage it might have.

There are 3 CT’s supposedly running around. It’s a curb, it’s not like he’s going over some rough terrain…. This all says that this truck isn’t ready and won’t be ready for a long time…
Sponsored