OTA Update Help

Jim657

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning Lariat , 22 Mach E GT
Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions I just got a notification that there was an update pending, but it needed my help in completing I tried to restart the update numerous times it gets to the point where on the screen you can see through the window it says, preparing the update And then it stops and gives me the notice again That the update has been rescheduled and no matter how many times I tell it to do it now it won’t vehicle is at home on Wi-Fi and it’s at 62%. The update is priority update PU0306-BCF-DET. Thanks in advance

Ford F-150 Lightning OTA Update Help IMG_6698

Ford F-150 Lightning OTA Update Help IMG_6703

Ford F-150 Lightning OTA Update Help IMG_6701

Ford F-150 Lightning OTA Update Help IMG_6702
Sponsored

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
Have you looked at all the other recent threads about getting various updates to install? I didn't bother to look to see which update you are trying to install because I know they are all covered on this forum. (Hint search for the update number)

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Ignore the failures is my rule of thumb, just be patient, eventually it will succeed.

lightspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I get the same message every night. It's irritating and nothing in the error message offers a solution. It just says a process blocked the update.

Sponsored

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
@Jim657
‘rather than repeat.
besides the same question is pinned inThis group: follow link below
Already posted here

there is so much information posted here on updates failing.

try the search function and spend a few minutes reading about our experience.

mine failed over 60 times, then just stopped trying. Went 6 months between updates.

the issue is the same for different updates that have failed.

most likely 12v low SOC.
call ford OTA (833) 389-0848 tomorrow and ask them what the error they recorded

swajames

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Technology and software development
After a mostly flawless run of quick and easy power up software updates, the two most recent priority updates both struggled to install (whether scheduled or manually requested) and I had multiple failures over several days. Both updates did eventually install, and in each case it was via a manual update request right after a 30 min drive.

I'm convinced that this is all tied to 12v SOC. There's no reason for mine to be low, but every time I do put it on a charger it seems to take a decent charge. So something is up, and the drive I did before my installs probably helped the 12v charge.

You could try a BMS reset too. Turn on accessory mode (start but don't press the brake), flash your main beams 5 times, then press the brake 3 times. The battery icon on the lower right of the dash should blink and after a couple of seconds should then return to solid.

OP
OP
Jim657

Jim657

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
After a mostly flawless run of quick and easy power up software updates, the two most recent priority updates both struggled to install (whether scheduled or manually requested) and I had multiple failures over several days. Both updates did eventually install, and in each case it was via a manual update request right after a 30 min drive.

I'm convinced that this is all tied to 12v SOC. There's no reason for mine to be low, but every time I do put it on a charger it seems to take a decent charge. So something is up, and the drive I did before my installs probably helped the 12v charge.

You could try a BMS reset too. Turn on accessory mode (start but don't press the brake), flash your main beams 5 times, then press the brake 3 times. The battery icon on the lower right of the dash should blink and after a couple of seconds should then return to solid.
Thanks for the info! I did exactly what you suggested I did a reset on the BMS and then took it for a 30 minute drive and it updated the second I returned home.

swajames

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Technology and software development
Thanks for the info! I did exactly what you suggested I did a reset on the BMS and then took it for a 30 minute drive and it updated the second I returned home.
That's great!

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
I get the same message every night. It's irritating and nothing in the error message offers a solution. It just says a process blocked the update.
This particular update has failed 5 times so far on my Lightning. No issue with the 12V battery since I reset the BMS a week ago and the truck is plugged in so I doubt that is it. Seems this particular update is a bit goofy. It is complaining about a running process that stopped the update. It also turns off automatic updates in my settings. I've tried 5 times and in 3 cases automatic updates were on and the update attempt turned off automatic updates. On the 4th time, I left automatic updates off and attempted to manually update. Still failed.

Sponsored

RidetheLightningSW

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Business
I had trouble with failed updates too and this is the last set of instructions that worked for me:

1. Make sure 12V battery is charged (drive for 30 minutes first)
2. Charge to at least 96%
3. Turn Lights off (not Auto)
4. Apply Parking brake
5. Lock doors

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I had trouble with failed updates too and this is the last set of instructions that worked for me:

1. Make sure 12V battery is charged (drive for 30 minutes first)
2. Charge to at least 96%
3. Turn Lights off (not Auto)
4. Apply Parking brake
5. Lock doors
Thanks, I've tried everything but 2. I assume you mean to charge the HVB to 96% or above? I have mine set to 85%.

RidetheLightningSW

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Business
I have mine set at 85% too which is apparently why the update wasn’t working. When I charged to 96% the update processed fine. Let me know if that works for you AdventureBoy.

OP
OP
Jim657

Jim657

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks, I've tried everything but 2. I assume you mean to charge the HVB to 96% or above? I have mine set to 85%.
The only other thing that I did when the update finally went through , and I have no idea if it helped but you could try turning your phone off if you’re using phone as key. Turn your phone off or keep your key fob away from the vehicle as the vehicle tries to wake up anytime, you approach it or near it

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The only other thing that I did when the update finally went through , and I have no idea if it helped but you could try turning your phone off if you’re using phone as key. Turn your phone off or keep your key fob away from the vehicle as the vehicle tries to wake up anytime, you approach it or near it
Will give that a try too. I had to turn off approach lighting since it is tied to the deployable running boards. Every time I walked by the truck, it lit up and flapped its wings trying to fly like a penguin.
Sponsored