• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER for $56k seems to good to be true. What's the catch?

69kWh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
Huntley Ford is selling a 2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER for $56k, which is nearly $20k cheaper than everyone else. CarFax is showing that it is a salvage title (buyback) due to "wiper motor failure" and the wiper motor has been replaced since then. It seems too good to be true for a very popular EV to be discounted $20k because of a wiper motor.... what am I missing here?

Huntley Ford listing: https://www.fordhuntley.com/used-in...ightning-48c1cfe60a0e0a9974f34d094b2528b5.htm
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Might be more to this than they want to admit, @cybertruck what's the deal??
Did you have any issues before selling?

Ford F-150 Lightning 2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER for $56k seems to good to be true. What's the catch? 1689255915251

Ford F-150 Lightning 2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER for $56k seems to good to be true. What's the catch? 1689256001097

cybertruck

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Occupation
IT
No major issues! Range GOM was the biggest flaw the truck didn’t make multiple routes and would run of out battery.
Essentially, I’d go on a 200 mile stretch that the truck would say I’d make it with extra. Then as I got closer it would say “nvm” and run out of battery at about 198 highway miles. I’ve had the truck towed to chargers about 10 times.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
if it really is a 'Salvage' titled vehicle, then you would have to make any needed repairs and run it thru your state's 'Rebuilt' certification requirements to then get a 'REBUILT' title in your name, in order to drive it legally and insure it.
Otherwise, a true Salvage title is NOT a vehicle that can be driven on the roads, and no insurance company or finance company will touch it.
I will imagine that even with a REBUILT title, financing is going to be an issue, and for insurance coverage, don't expect the same 'value' if you have a total loss in the future, versus any other '22 Lariat Lightning.
It sounds too good to be true, because it IS, as compared to any other Lightning. The 'too good' is you taking the risk that the future value of the truck will not be what you expect.

Sponsored

bosox8

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Iced Blue Silver Lariat ER, 2nd Wave
Occupation
Sales
No major issues! Range GOM was the biggest flaw the truck didn’t make multiple routes and would run of out battery.
Essentially, I’d go on a 200 mile stretch that the truck would say I’d make it with extra. Then as I got closer it would say “nvm” and run out of battery at about 198 highway miles. I’ve had the truck towed to chargers about 10 times.
Wow! We're you towing something? This is a great vehicle for my needs but it is with a fair amount of trepidation I plan my trip to Maine with two other bodies & a Saint Bernard in a few weeks. Taking the "Western Route" thru Allentown and up to Tappan Zee vs the 95 / Turnpike Route due to the exce$$ive tolls / bridge crossing and I've planned each of my charges at about 200 highway miles apart.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
I have purchased several 'REBUILT' titled vehicles in the past, mainly two 2014 Ford Focus SE sedan/hatchback... both have served me well, BUT...beware... even if the car already has a rebuilt title, and you bring that vehicle into ANOTHER state, like I did, your own state may NOT accept the other state's Certification, and may make you go through the process in your own state: Georgia, is my example. I purchased the vehicle originally in Florida. Brought it to Georgia then in 2017. Tagged it in Georgia with no original issues. Moved to NC, tagged it there with no problem. Moved to Alabama, tagged it there with no problem... BUT...
when I moved back to Georgia in 2021, Georgia suddenly said that I couldn't tag a 'Rebuilt' title certified in another state(Florida). What? I had already tagged in Georgia years before, but NOW it suddenly is not allowed.... Crazy - I eventually did NOT get it certified, I simply 'sold' it to my son in Alabama, and it has stayed with an Alabama tag since then. Alabama doesn't care.

a REBUILT title vehicle does not mean that it is junk, but simply means that likely it has gone thru an insurer's 'total loss', purchased from a salvage yard(Copart, etc), had the needed repairs(likely body work only), and resold. Sometimes the Shop/Dealer gets the certifications done before they sell it to the public, in most cases, or sometimes they don't want to and they sell it with it's existing Salvage title, with the new customer having to then jump thru the hoops to get it certified themselves.
My two 'rebuilt' title cars were, and still are, terrific, and are still being driven after 75,000 and 100,000 miles respectively on both, with my son driving one, and my nephew the other.

I also own a 'rebuilt' 2014 camper. Same deal, although a lot easier to tag since most states don't need certification on any 'trailer' that doesn't have it's own powertrain. It's just a very good usable camper that works great.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Buy it, get an extended warranty if you plan on keeping it for a while.

If they are selling at $56k it’s probably worth $40k

Last edited:
OP
OP

69kWh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
I have purchased several 'REBUILT' titled vehicles in the past, mainly two 2014 Ford Focus SE sedan/hatchback... both have served me well, BUT...beware... even if the car already has a rebuilt title, and you bring that vehicle into ANOTHER state, like I did, your own state may NOT accept the other state's Certification, and may make you go through the process in your own state: Georgia, is my example. I purchased the vehicle originally in Florida. Brought it to Georgia then in 2017. Tagged it in Georgia with no original issues. Moved to NC, tagged it there with no problem. Moved to Alabama, tagged it there with no problem... BUT...
when I moved back to Georgia in 2021, Georgia suddenly said that I couldn't tag a 'Rebuilt' title certified in another state(Florida). What? I had already tagged in Georgia years before, but NOW it suddenly is not allowed.... Crazy - I eventually did NOT get it certified, I simply 'sold' it to my son in Alabama, and it has stayed with an Alabama tag since then. Alabama doesn't care.

a REBUILT title vehicle does not mean that it is junk, but simply means that likely it has gone thru an insurer's 'total loss', purchased from a salvage yard(Copart, etc), had the needed repairs(likely body work only), and resold. Sometimes the Shop/Dealer gets the certifications done before they sell it to the public, in most cases, or sometimes they don't want to and they sell it with it's existing Salvage title, with the new customer having to then jump thru the hoops to get it certified themselves.
My two 'rebuilt' title cars were, and still are, terrific, and are still being driven after 75,000 and 100,000 miles respectively on both, with my son driving one, and my nephew the other.

I also own a 'rebuilt' 2014 camper. Same deal, although a lot easier to tag since most states don't need certification on any 'trailer' that doesn't have it's own powertrain. It's just a very good usable camper that works great.
Wow... not being accepted by another state without having to go through the full recertification process is a huge deal and I'm surprised the dealership selling this didn't mention that anywhere in the description. I've been seeing more of these rebuilt/buyback titled F150 Lightnings lately. There was one in Charlotte recently for $64k but it was a branded title due to loss of power / motor failure, meanwhile the one referenced in this thread is $56k and was branded due to wiper failure.

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
I find it hard to believe that a vehicle would be deemed salvage just because the wiper motor needed to be replaced. Am I missing something? My guess is that the wiper motor issue is separate from the reason it is salvage, which is typically due to having been in an accident. @cybertruck , any insights, was this vehicle in an accident?

Sponsored

cybertruck

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Occupation
IT
Wow! We're you towing something? This is a great vehicle for my needs but it is with a fair amount of trepidation I plan my trip to Maine with two other bodies & a Saint Bernard in a few weeks. Taking the "Western Route" thru Allentown and up to Tappan Zee vs the 95 / Turnpike Route due to the exce$$ive tolls / bridge crossing and I've planned each of my charges at about 200 highway miles apart.
You’d have to go in nice climate and drive slow I was not towing. This truck will only do 180-190 miles hwy range at 75mph. The lower the speed the more the range.

bosox8

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Iced Blue Silver Lariat ER, 2nd Wave
Occupation
Sales
You’d have to go in nice climate and drive slow I was not towing. This truck will only do 180-190 miles hwy range at 75mph. The lower the speed the more the range.
Thank goodness the trip isn't in January, might be down to 75 miles of highway range.

cybertruck

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Occupation
IT
I find it hard to believe that a vehicle would be deemed salvage just because the wiper motor needed to be replaced. Am I missing something? My guess is that the wiper motor issue is separate from the reason it is salvage, which is typically due to having been in an accident. @cybertruck , any insights, was this vehicle in an accident?
I don’t really know what determines salvage but when I sold it back. The wiper more was the only recall on it. It had that typical “air dam fault” as well but nothing serious was wrong with the truck. Range was less than expected by 30% max miles the truck would get in 75 mph highway was 200.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I don’t really know what determines salvage but when I sold it back. The wiper more was the only recall on it. It had that typical “air dam fault” as well but nothing serious was wrong with the truck. Range was less than expected by 30% max miles the truck would get in 75 mph highway was 200.
I am assuming because the manufacturer purchased it under lemon laws, they are required to issue the salvage title. As there is potentially an unrepairable issue with the vehicle. Now this may or may not be the case with this specific truck, but there may not be a way around it.
Sponsored