• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER for $56k seems to good to be true. What's the catch?

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I have to believe that the aftermarket wheels with the aggressive looking all terrain tires is what affected your range. It doesn't seem that most people with the factory wheels/tires are seeing that large of a hit at highway speeds.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
I find it hard to believe that a vehicle would be deemed salvage just because the wiper motor needed to be replaced.
Speculation: Wiper motor fails, goes out-of-service, and dealer/manufacturer couldn't provide part within Lemon Law time requirements. Triggers LL manufacturer buyback, which kills title.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Truck with a windshield wiper motor recall gets a salvage title, while one of my cars that had the whole front end replaced with airbag deployment and everything never got issued a salvage title when I bought it back from the insurance company.

Just goes to show that you have to look deeper into things.

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
the Carfax shows it as Ford buying it back because of the wiper motor, I think that's really all it is. Could someone have demanded that Ford rebuy the truck because the wiper motor didn't work and maybe they couldn't get it repaired quick enough?

Sponsored

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
It's cheap because its salvage title. It'll keep affecting the resale. If it's due to something acceptable to you (IE: not major accident damage), it can be a deal. For that price I'd buy it. Non-salvage carmax offers are 67k, and most used are north of that.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
I think that's really all it is.
Probably mix in some angry customer because the range is killed by the tires and speed, a dealer who let it sit in the 'back 40' a few weeks before getting around to it, and a strict Lemon Law. I'd buy it if they threw in an extended warranty.

180 miles/ 131 kWh battery = 1.4 mi/kWh @ 75 mph
200 miles/ 110 kWh (85% useful kWh) = 1.8 mi/kWh @ 75 mph

Last edited:

Sponsored

TheWoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum, 2024 Rivian R1T
Everyone considering this needs to know that a branded title never goes away - and will always impact resale. In fact, many dealerships won't touch even touch them, so trading them in can be a problem. That said, if you have a good relationship with a dealership that does deal with branded title vehicles, you can get a good deal.

That good deal will still be discounted in less value when you trade back in eventually.

Also, for many dealerships and private buyers, it doesn't matter what the reason for the branded title is, it will be a non-starter.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Everyone considering this needs to know that a branded title never goes away - and will always impact resale. In fact, many dealerships won't touch even touch them, so trading them in is a problem. That said, if you have a good relationship with a dealership that does deal with branded title vehicles, you can get a good deal.

All that said, the good deal will still be discounted in less value when you trade back in eventually.

Be aware - for many dealerships and private buyers, it doesn't matter what the reason for the branded title is, it will be a non-starter for many.
Keep it till it is worthless anyway

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Everyone considering this needs to know that a branded title never goes away - and will always impact resale. In fact, many dealerships won't touch even touch them, so trading them in can be a problem. That said, if you have a good relationship with a dealership that does deal with branded title vehicles, you can get a good deal.

That good deal will still be discounted in less value when you trade back in eventually.

Also, for many dealerships and private buyers, it doesn't matter what the reason for the branded title is, it will be a non-starter.
Title washing is a thing.
Sponsored