Stop Driving Immediately: high voltage battery and power train warning

YankeeCP

First Name
CP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat SR Lightning
Not sure how I feel about it or if any issues remain but cleared the codes with obd scanner. Warnings are gone from dash and app. Truck is fully functional at the moment
Sponsored

Last edited:

Speeddemon

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model y
I cleared the codes this morning as well and truck is back to normal. Have the same sentiment. I assume this was just a software bug but would great to hear from Ford on this. I was going to try using FDRS to update all the software on the truck. Anyone think that's a bad idea?

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
2022 and 2023 Lightning owners/drivers are beta testing early adopters?
One might think Ford would have these things worked out after its experience with the Mach-e!
Software teams share information with beta testers. We’re more like lab rats.

YankeeCP

First Name
CP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat SR Lightning
Charge fault overnight- only charged to 82% and woke up with the same error codes again. Had to clear them again.

Sponsored

Quarter2heavy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Just got the notification the morning after update PU0306-BCF-DET. FordPass has a high voltage battery and power train warning.

Dealership had me towed and in a Tundra in 2 hours, hats off to them. Said it could be +3 weeks but will take a look at it next week to see exactly what's up.

Not happy but also satisfied with the response and experience so far considering the other experiences seen on the forum.

Will provide updates as they occur, until then you'll see me at the pump!
Just happened to me, yesterday morning, brought to dealer, they got me a loaner but service doesn't open till Monday morning.

OP
OP
Blaster

Blaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L PRO, VW ID.4
Just happened to me, yesterday morning, brought to dealer, they got me a loaner but service doesn't open till Monday morning.
If you got a gas loaner speak with Ford, they offered to reimburse pump expenses during the term of the warranty repair.

OP
OP
Blaster

Blaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L PRO, VW ID.4
Update:

Ford doesn't know where the battery is. We're 3 or 4 weeks in, dealership called to say the battery hasn't arrived and nobody knows where it is. They can confirm it is in transit. I look forward to a future where logistics are more transparent on their end. Dealership has been sympathetic, I still have the loaner which is a lifesaver, disappointed as a customer when expectations aren't met - but they are trying. For all I know it can arrive tomorrow.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Update:

Ford doesn't know where the battery is. We're 3 or 4 weeks in, dealership called to say the battery hasn't arrived and nobody knows where it is. They can confirm it is in transit. I look forward to a future where logistics are more transparent on their end. Dealership has been sympathetic, I still have the loaner which is a lifesaver, disappointed as a customer when expectations aren't met - but they are trying. For all I know it can arrive tomorrow.
I'm a lot more accepting of these kind of issues when the dealership is clearly making an effort. Good on them, especially for the loaner. That seems to be a big issue with many dealerships.

Reactions: LOV

Sponsored
OP
OP
Blaster

Blaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L PRO, VW ID.4
Totally agree, this is just as frustrating for them. They're ready to help just can't.

HJP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, F150 Lightning, DMG Mach-E GTPE
Worried I will have the same problem (a battery replacement needed) and nobody helping. Truck died on Tuesday and have yet to get someone to call me back from Ford or the dealership about getting a loaner/rental (even have the extended warranty that should have provided one for 10 days if nothing else).

HJP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Finally talked to a service advisor on the battery warning. Was told it is a 23-H01 recall and needed a battery module replacement. The truck was built outside the recall window but I guess that was the closest they got to an issue. Was also informed that typically they have an expected arrival date for parts but they did not have one and were still trying to get it. I guess not much I can do but wait.

Anybody here have experience with it for an expected timeframe?

Aspesi4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Similar situation for me. The truck dies with the High Voltage warning and Powertrain Malfunction errors on July 10th. Ford slapped the 23-H01 recall on the truck that Thursday. The replacement module arrived at the dealership a week later on July 20th. The hope was to begin working on the truck Monday/Tuesday, but it appears they don't have the correct tool for the job. Ford says they sent the tools to the dealership, but the dealership can't find the package. To order a new tool, it would ship in October. So now Ford and the dealership are trying to locate this tool to get the battery replaced. I'm a little annoyed that the dealership wasn't ready to go considering the battery shipping time was a good week.

Anyway, it can take some time purely because the dealers don't have their stuff together. The dealership has never dismantled an EV before. I expect that even with the tool, it will take a few days for them to figure it out. Next week is week 4. I'm hopeful I can get the truck back for August.

Finally talked to a service advisor on the battery warning. Was told it is a 23-H01 recall and needed a battery module replacement. The truck was built outside the recall window but I guess that was the closest they got to an issue. Was also informed that typically they have an expected arrival date for parts but they did not have one and were still trying to get it. I guess not much I can do but wait.

Anybody here have experience with it for an expected timeframe?

HJP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Similar situation for me. The truck dies with the High Voltage warning and Powertrain Malfunction errors on July 10th. Ford slapped the 23-H01 recall on the truck that Thursday. The replacement module arrived at the dealership a week later on July 20th. The hope was to begin working on the truck Monday/Tuesday, but it appears they don't have the correct tool for the job. Ford says they sent the tools to the dealership, but the dealership can't find the package. To order a new tool, it would ship in October. So now Ford and the dealership are trying to locate this tool to get the battery replaced. I'm a little annoyed that the dealership wasn't ready to go considering the battery shipping time was a good week.

Anyway, it can take some time purely because the dealers don't have their stuff together. The dealership has never dismantled an EV before. I expect that even with the tool, it will take a few days for them to figure it out. Next week is week 4. I'm hopeful I can get the truck back for August.
Appreciate the input. Already started discussions in my house what to do if it reaches week 4, as it seems likely. In Georgia the truck would qualify as a lemon at 30 days (and been in the shop twice already eating up days) Going that route would be a request to repurchase or replace. As the truck has several options/features (and color) that aren't available in the new once not even sure if a replacement is an option for Ford. Keep telling myself I love driving it and just have them fix it but it's a headache.
Sponsored