Sponsored

Peter P

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT
Greater Plant Capacity, Improving Efficiencies Support Lower F-150 Lightning Prices for Customers

Ford F-150 Lightning 2023 F-150 Lightning gets price cuts! (7/17/23). Pro now starts at $51,990. XLT priced from $56,990 1689558246417

DEARBORN, Mich., July 17, 2023 – Ford is taking advantage of increased plant capacity, continued work on scaling production and cost, and improving battery raw material costs to help lower the MSRP of F-150 Lightning® for all customers.

The Rouge Electric Vehicle Center in Michigan is temporarily closed to complete final plant upgrades to triple the plant’s annual run rate to a targeted 150,000 F-150 Lightning trucks beginning this fall.

The upgrades at the plant, combined with improving battery raw material costs and continued work on scaling production and cost, help make it possible to lower pricing across the F-150 Lightning line. Customers will now have greater availability of their built-to-order truck as early as October at an MSRP closer to initial Lightning pricing.

“Shortly after launching the F-150 Lightning, rapidly rising material costs, supply constraints and other factors drove up the cost of the EV truck for Ford and our customers,” said Marin Gjaja, chief customer officer, Ford Model e. “We’ve continued to work in the background to improve accessibility and affordability to help to lower prices for our customers and shorten the wait times for their new F-150 Lightning.”

Ford F-150 Lightning 2023 F-150 Lightning gets price cuts! (7/17/23). Pro now starts at $51,990. XLT priced from $56,990 F-150 Pricin

With ordering now open for all customers, Ford is offering a $1,000 bonus for retail customers who build their own XLT, Lariat or Platinum truck through their dealer or via ford.com from July 6 to July 31 as part of the national summer sales event. In addition, Ford Credit is offering eligible buyers interest rates as low as 1.9 percent APR for 36-months.1

The 2023 MotorTrend Truck of the Year, most F-150 Lightning models are also eligible for as much as $7,500 in potential Inflation Reduction Act consumer and commercial electric vehicle tax credits, making it an even more enticing option for eligible customers considering an electric pickup truck.2

Starting early next year, all F-150 Lightning customers will have access to more than 12,000 Tesla Superchargers across the U.S. and Canada.Commercial customers can also access Ford Pro Charging solutions to keep their F-150 Lightning powered up whether they need to charge at home or onsite at work.

Customers can order their F-150 Lightning from their local dealer here or in-store.

###

1 Requires financing through Ford Credit. Not all buyers will qualify. 36 months at $28.60 per month per $1,000 financed, regardless of down payment. Place a new retail order or take new retail delivery from an authorized Ford Dealer’s stock by 07/31/2023. See dealer for qualifications and details.

2 Please consult with your own tax or legal professional to determine your individual eligibility. Tax credit amount is based on vehicle-specific component sourcing and assembly and may be subject to change. Retail customers may not claim the credit if (1) your adjusted gross income exceeds certain thresholds or (2) the MSRP of the vehicle, as configured, exceeds $80,000 (including all optional equipment attached to the vehicle at the time of delivery to the dealer, but excluding destination charges, optional items added by the dealer, taxes and fees). The federal tax credit is a potential future tax savings. The amount of your tax savings will depend on your individual tax circumstances. Incentives and additional rebates are not within Ford’s control. This information does not constitute tax or legal advice. For additional information, go to https://www.afdc.energy.gov/laws/409.
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Lariat ER now meets the tax credit price limitations. Cool.

Gotta love competition. I don't believe the plant expansion is the cause of the price reduction. I think the EV Silverado and news of Tesla Cybertruck are.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
But I'm guessing that a BlueCruise 3 year subscription has been removed and is now only a 90 day trial like it is for the 2023.5 Mach-E. I didn't see that mentioned. And what other "de-contenting" might have gone on?

Sponsored

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT

Gotta love competition. I don't believe the plant expansion is the cause of the price reduction. I think the EV Silverado and news of Tesla Cybertruck are.
I agree the plant expansion not being the reason for the reduction but maybe the LFP batteries in standard range models are helping a little in the price drop overall. I got my 23' XLT in January and the price drop of 5k from what I paid is good for future buyers but man that hurts my wallet.... I could only imagine how the people who paid 63k in the last couple months feel. Also we have yet to see any GM production roll out in any decent numbers so until we do I don't think Ford is dropping it for that reason.

N0v0w3ls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
It seems like more of a demand response to me. This definitely makes it more competitive again, especially with the tax credit. Pricing is a function of supply and demand. If demand is there at existing prices why cut them? I don't really see CT as that much of a competitor since it's so out there style wise, and the Silverado seems to be very expensive as well. Ford would still have plenty of time to gradually reduce pricing as those become mainstream (if they even debut with competitive pricing).

Since my order was placed before the price increases, I'm not directly harmed, but If I was one of the people who took delivery over the past few months I'd be pretty ticked off. For someone who got a Lariat ER the net price difference is almost $16k. Those discounts and available tax credit will also be reflected in used values as well. So it's a definite win for the EV movement, but punishing for early adopters which is generally expected, but maybe not within the same model year or even without any sort of redesign or refresh.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

Just did a test build on FORD.COM, specifications for 2023 Lariat-ER with Max Tow & AS tires, (MUST SELECT AS TIRES MASS RESIDENTS) included folding boards, still meets the federal Credit requirements and also the Mass MOR-EV truck credit!!!

Ford F-150 Lightning 2023 F-150 Lightning gets price cuts! (7/17/23). Pro now starts at $51,990. XLT priced from $56,990 1689599963034

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
It seems like more of a demand response to me. This definitely makes it more competitive again, especially with the tax credit. Pricing is a function of supply and demand. If demand is there at existing prices why cut them? I don't really see CT as that much of a competitor since it's so out there style wise, and the Silverado seems to be very expensive as well. Ford would still have plenty of time to gradually reduce pricing as those become mainstream (if they even debut with competitive pricing).

Since my order was placed before the price increases, I'm not directly harmed, but If I was one of the people who took delivery over the past few months I'd be pretty ticked off. For someone who got a Lariat ER the net price difference is almost $16k. Those discounts and available tax credit will also be reflected in used values as well. So it's a definite win for the EV movement, but punishing for early adopters which is generally expected, but maybe not within the same model year or even without any sort of redesign or refresh.
Hopefully they can throw us a bone and give us the Tesla adaptor for "free" 🤣😂🤣😂

N0v0w3ls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Just did a test build on FORD.COM, specifications for 2023 Lariat-ER with Max Tow & AS tires, (MUST SELECT AS TIRES MASS RESIDENTS) included folding boards, still meets the federal Credit requirements and also the Mass MOR-EV truck credit!!!

1689599963034.png
I believe the cap is on MSRP excluding destination and delivery so it should still qualify for the Federal Credit.

Sponsored

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
No one changes prices because they reduced costs: Ford, Tesla, or otherwise.

They're balancing market value, production, etc.

But this was necessary. Pricing was too high. $52k for Pro is very competitive, now, though. After tax credit, it's the same price as the cheapest, zero option Supercrew 4x4.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT

1689599963034.png
Ford obviously has a big marketing department for the spin they've put on their price reductions. It is competition and lack of sales driving them down, but doen't truly matter, at least they've reacted.

Now for the glaring issues - why haven't they dropped that destination charge to the bottom below Total MSRP so they match the government definitions and it truly becomes clear this truck is eligible for the rebate. Seeing the price like this makes many people wonder and scratch their head.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
If you can find a Lightning Pro, or if Ford is even building them and you are low income, here in California you can have one for a bit over $22k

$49995- $5k EV Grant-$15K CVRP - $7500 Fed Tax

Let the dealer games continue.......