Parts Shortage

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
Maybe while the plant was shutdown they identified some likely recallable defects that the decided to fix before shipping and didn't have those parts.

Revenge

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR, 2011 Flex
I got this same communication for my truck back in June, Blend date 6/3. It sat in the "In Production" status for a few weeks then suddenly I got a ship date ETA of mid July and eventually the dealer called my on July 3rd saying the truck would be ready for pick-up in a day or so. So there is still hope. Did you get the spray-in bedliner by chance? I was told that was why mine sat "In Production" for so long.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
No one has had their truck shipped since they started the plant back up. 5000+ trucks just sitting there, waiting for new homes.
Nothing has shipped because OKTB (OK To Buy) hasn't been given yet. So much changed in the assembly plant that the restart is being treated as a new launch.

Sponsored

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
Nothing has shipped because OKTB (OK To Buy) hasn't been given yet. So much changed in the assembly plant that the restart is being treated as a new launch.
Why are they sending us all emails blaming "Supply Chain" then?

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Because they don't have a "our plant was closed and we haven't started to ship new trucks yet" form email?

OP
OP

sdingeldein

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
Occupation
Physician
I got this same communication for my truck back in June, Blend date 6/3. It sat in the "In Production" status for a few weeks then suddenly I got a ship date ETA of mid July and eventually the dealer called my on July 3rd saying the truck would be ready for pick-up in a day or so. So there is still hope. Did you get the spray-in bedliner by chance? I was told that was why mine sat "In Production" for so long.
No, I didn't order the spray-in bed liner.

62F1004x4

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1962 F100 2023 F150 Lightning SR
Occupation
Maintenance
Had received the same email and was really bummed out. I thought that ford was not going to get the truck built. Then without any other notice it was ready to be delivered. So hang in there and it will be ready soon.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
2 different things. Completed trucks haven't shipped because of launch. Production is also affected by the "supply chain". I don't know what part is the problem, but the ICE truck is affected too.

Sponsored

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
2 different things. Completed trucks haven't shipped because of launch. Production is also affected by the "supply chain". I don't know what part is the problem, but the ICE truck is affected too.
Dude, where are you getting your information from? What do you mean "Because of launch"? My truck is one of the first off the new line, all of us in that first build week got the "supply chain" email. If that's stopping ICE trucks from shipping as well, I think a missing part is much more likely than "Additional QC for being out of the new line"

Silenze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dude, where are you getting your information from? What do you mean "Because of launch"? My truck is one of the first off the new line, all of us in that first build week got the "supply chain" email. If that's stopping ICE trucks from shipping as well, I think a missing part is much more likely than "Additional QC for being out of the new line"
Dude he works at the plant. If he says they are holding trucks for QC then that's what's happening.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired

scottlanger

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning Lariat (In fords holding lot:)
Had received the same email and was really bummed out. I thought that ford was not going to get the truck built. Then without any other notice it was ready to be delivered. So hang in there and it will be ready soon.
What was your production week?

62F1004x4

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1962 F100 2023 F150 Lightning SR
Occupation
Maintenance
Delivery was on 6/30/23 not sure of the production week. How do I find that info?
Sponsored