Sponsored

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Got the wires ran. Checked that the CCM module was receiving power. All back together but darn thing still doesn’t recognize the CCM. Even after IPMA changes.
Any updates?
Sponsored

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
I will say this that since adding Adaptive Cruise and Lane centering I've had to recalibrate the CCM twice probably coincidence that was right after some Ford power-up updates. Not sure if it's related at all or I have a bad CCM module lol. The most recent was Sunday night I had to do a full module reset in order for it to take the CCM calibration. I hope it's a remote issue and isn't affecting anybody else but figured I'd ask if anybody else that has completed this install was having any problems..... I use it at least 5 days a week commuting to/from work and love it

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Nothing new but I have free time tomorrow. Im going to give it another shot.
Good luck man.... I had my fight with mine prior to running the wires plus I did all the install solo which was fun with the frunk tub and bumper multiple times 😂

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning SR EG 311A
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I will say this that since adding Adaptive Cruise and Lane centering I've had to recalibrate the CCM twice probably coincidence that was right after some Ford power-up updates. Not sure if it's related at all or I have a bad CCM module lol. The most recent was Sunday night I had to do a full module reset in order for it to take the CCM calibration. I hope it's a remote issue and isn't affecting anybody else but figured I'd ask if anybody else that has completed this install was having any problems..... I use it at least 5 days a week commuting to/from work and love it
I have not had to touch mine one time since I installed it and calibrated. Have received several OTAs. Curious to hear if anyone else has experienced this. Also curious to know what causes it, like if it is disabled via reverting back to a non-CCM configuration, which is all I can think an OTA would do.

Sponsored

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
I'll check mine out in the next day or so; haven't seen any messages pop up but to be honest I haven't utilized it as much as I thought I would initially lol. I also hadn't gotten an OTA update since June until the past few days where it magically went up to 6.2.

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
I have not had to touch mine one time since I installed it and calibrated. Have received several OTAs. Curious to hear if anyone else has experienced this. Also curious to know what causes it, like if it is disabled via reverting back to a non-CCM configuration, which is all I can think an OTA would do.
Yeah I'm not sure of what's causing it I haven't messed around with any settings or wiring. I'll get a message Pop up on the dash adaptive cruise control unavailable sensor blocked have vehicle serviced soon. Shows up in my Ford Pass app as well. It has always happened while driving it's never been as I started the vehicle up. Always has been when it was in motion it happened once while using it and the other time I didn't even have the cruise control on I was just driving like a peasant lol.

mikedroof

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco (Reserved)
Any updates?
So, I retraced my steps. Made sure wires under the frunk were in good shape. I then reconnected the wires on the passenger side in the cab. I originally spliced into the wires. But I pulled out the ends and connected. But again no luck. Next I’m going to try to connect strait to the radar unit.

laselvasurf

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT, 13 Raptor, 13 X5M, 03 Excursion
Same here. No issues and I've had a bunch of OTA updates. I did have it not show the option for ACC after one update, but after a restart of the truck, it came back.

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
I figured out what's causing my issue with my CCM. I removed the CCM from the bracket and instantly knew what the issue was it's full of water 💦. I shook out the water and hit it with some QD contact cleaner. While looking at the part I noticed 3 small holes inside the connector port you would think that part would be sealed/waterproof seeing how it's inside the bumper. The process continues

Sponsored

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I figured out what's causing my issue with my CCM. I removed the CCM from the bracket and instantly knew what the issue was it's full of water 💦. I shook out the water and hit it with some QD contact cleaner. While looking at the part I noticed 3 small holes inside the connector port you would think that part would be sealed/waterproof seeing how it's inside the bumper. The process continues
It appears that this is common practice on these little electronic modules to vent them to the connector. The automotive connectors that mate with these modules can have a silicone gasket or NOT. For instance inside the tail lights the blind spot radar is designed the exact same way and the connector that runs internally from the main tail light plug to the blind spot radar does NOT have gaskets. Meaning: if your tail light gets cracked, and lets in water, your blind spot radar will take in water and be damaged. This happened to me. I could physically hear water sloshing inside my blind spot radar module, so I broke it open to investigate and the design is exactly as you mentioned. The module itself is very well sealed, but there exists little vent holes inside the connector socket.

Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT 1699983892835

Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT 1699983920619

kammy

First Name
Kamal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Engineer
I currently have the radar sensor installed, but I just want to second set of eyes on the truck before I button it up. am I correct in assuming that I will not need to run the 4 extra wires from the front bumper to the passenger footwell? from what I can tell, all wires are present.

Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT tempImageE4fzcR

Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT tempImagez6a8Gc

Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT tempImageEDIdOd

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I currently have the radar sensor installed, but I just want to second set of eyes on the truck before I button it up. am I correct in assuming that I will not need to run the 4 extra wires from the front bumper to the passenger footwell? from what I can tell, all wires are present.

tempImageE4fzcR.png

tempImagez6a8Gc.png

tempImageEDIdOd.png
Yep,, so you had the wires already? Luuuuuucky

Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT 1681156950543-

Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT 1681156599026-

kammy

First Name
Kamal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Engineer
I was able to complete my installation, and FORscan changes today. the only snag I ran into was the CCM not appearing in FORscan. I combed this thread and I saw a comment by @steveje (post 88) that claimed "the CCM module won’t appear in ForSCAN until you make the IPMA changes". I did the IPMA changes first, and then the CCM appeared in FORscan.

rraustad

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT SR
I wonder if the adaptive cruise control following distance can be set in FORScan? without replacing the steering wheel button. I would think once set that choice would not change (i.e., I would likely never use the steering wheel button). Can anyone confirm? That must be a software setting, right? I would not mind the "3" setting, but just wondered if I could change that setting if needed.
Sponsored