Sponsored

biers

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf
I wonder if the adaptive cruise control following distance can be set in FORScan? without replacing the steering wheel button. I would think once set that choice would not change (i.e., I would likely never use the steering wheel button). Can anyone confirm? That must be a software setting, right? I would not mind the "3" setting, but just wondered if I could change that setting if needed.
Not sure if you can change the default, but I put in the button and have never changed the following distance.
Sponsored

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
I wonder if the adaptive cruise control following distance can be set in FORScan? without replacing the steering wheel button. I would think once set that choice would not change (i.e., I would likely never use the steering wheel button). Can anyone confirm? That must be a software setting, right? I would not mind the "3" setting, but just wondered if I could change that setting if needed.
I've never seen anything in Forscan for that hell we can't even keep a drive mode as default. The steering wheel buttons aren't expensive and are very easy to install

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning SR EG 311A
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I agree with this, or I would investigate FORScan to try and find if it is a parameter that is reachable for you. Putting in the buttons is also the only visible mark, the truck has the feature. I believe it definitely adds value to the truck. I have used those buttons to look through the window and see what trim package an XLT truck has many times both at dealers and in the wild.

Azgunguy

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro and 2012 Expedition Fleet
I'm on the same boat (Pro without Tow Tech, no wires at the IPMA). I read the same thread you're referring to a little while back and it also seemed to me that the conversion may be possible without the 360 cameras. If it in fact is possible, it might actually be a simpler job since the bumper harness would no longer need to be replaced. You would just need to find a pigtail adapter to run from the new radar sensor directly to those 4 pins at the IPMA. We just need someone to to be the first to try this. <Touches nose>.
Has anyone tried this yet? I’m missing the wires at the IPMA and if it can be directly wired to the radar module that’d be easier.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Seems @Brotato has been away from the forum since 8/24/23, so not likely to get his help.

Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT 1706581343220

Sponsored

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
When someone is ready to try this, I will help figure out the correct pins for populating the IMPA connector. The CCM pigtail is already in this thread. Would love to hear from someone who is knowledgeable about the actual computer vision inner workings and if video from the side cameras IS indeed used for Lane centering. I have heard it might be, but nothing definite. I have always suspected they are not and only the front camera is used.

You're correct in that it would be easier to just run straight from the IMPA through the firewall and straight down to the bumper

Azgunguy

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
When someone is ready to try this, I will help figure out the correct pins for populating the IMPA connector. The CCM pigtail is already in this thread. Would love to hear from someone who is knowledgeable about the actual computer vision inner workings and if video from the side cameras IS indeed used for Lane centering. I have heard it might be, but nothing definite. I have always suspected they are not and only the front camera is used.

You're correct in that it would be easier to just run straight from the IMPA through the firewall and straight down to the bumper
This seems straight forward and I’m going to give it a shot. I just need to order the proper wires. If I’m not mistaken this is just how it would be wired.
Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT IMG_5070

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
This seems straight forward and I’m going to give it a shot. I just need to order the proper wires. If I’m not mistaken this is just how it would be wired.
IMG_5070.png
Yes, but you'll need to pop the dash driver side cover off and extract one of the IMPA connector C242B pins and get an accurate measurement with calipers like I did on page 5 to the bumper connector to figure out what to order.

Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT c62b17dc-9b9a-43a8-9298-6745d6e83673-jpe

If you don't have calipers or aren't up to this task, I can probably help you do it this weekend, or if you can get the measurement pics and post them here I can help decipher and figure out what to order from Digikey.

I assume you know what the CCM pigtail part # is and how to order that from Ford.

You can get the right wire here:
https://4rcustomswire.com/products/20-gauge-txl-wire-6-striped-colors-each-25-foot-long
I ordered 20AWG so I could get the colors to perfectly match the factory harness colors:
Grey
Green-White Stripe
Brown-Blue Stripe
Grey-Blue Stripe

rio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Chevy Volt, 2023 F150 Lightning Pro
yes, but you would be bypassing the C134 and C265 connectors, no?

Godspeed! Keep us posted! So you *don't* have tow tech package, correct?

rio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Chevy Volt, 2023 F150 Lightning Pro

So let's say that lane centering does require side cameras. Would you reckon that ACC would still be possible even if LKA is not?

And do I understand correctly that the trucks with tow tech package have a different IPMA than those without it?

Sponsored

Azgunguy

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes, but you'll need to pop the dash driver side cover off and extract one of the IMPA connector C242B pins and get an accurate measurement with calipers like I did on page 5 to the bumper connector to figure out what to order.

c62b17dc-9b9a-43a8-9298-6745d6e83673-jpeg.jpg

If you don't have calipers or aren't up to this task, I can probably help you do it this weekend, or if you can get the measurement pics and post them here I can help decipher and figure out what to order from Digikey.

I assume you know what the CCM pigtail part # is and how to order that from Ford.

You can get the right wire here:
https://4rcustomswire.com/products/20-gauge-txl-wire-6-striped-colors-each-25-foot-long
I ordered 20AWG so I could get the colors to perfectly match the factory harness colors:
Grey
Green-White Stripe
Brown-Blue Stripe
Grey-Blue Stripe
Thank you a million. Easiest way to extract the pins? Also easiest way to insert new pins?

Azgunguy

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
yes, but you would be bypassing the C134 and C265 connectors, no?

Godspeed! Keep us posted! So you *don't* have tow tech package, correct?
That’s correct. I have the max tow package. But no tow tech. My truck doesn’t have the appropriate wiring. It’s a bare bones pro except for the max tow.

regentscholar

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S '12, Model 3 '17, Ford '23 F-150 Pro
That’s correct. I have the max tow package. But no tow tech. My truck doesn’t have the appropriate wiring. It’s a bare bones pro except for the max tow.
Keep us updated :) I have a base Pro with no packages... hope you succeed so we can follow!

captcory

First Name
cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 FORD Lightning PRO, honda pilot
same here, base PRO. I would love this option.

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
So let's say that lane centering does require side cameras. Would you reckon that ACC would still be possible even if LKA is not?

And do I understand correctly that the trucks with tow tech package have a different IPMA than those without it?
It does not require the side cameras. I tested it on the way home by putting electrical tape over my cameras. LKA + lane centering works perfectly. This is what I suspected all along and it makes sense. Those CMOS cameras would not be able to see much at night in poor lighting conditions and yet LKA works perfectly at night, even on dark rural roads.
Sponsored