Sponsored

Hit-n-Run

Blaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L PRO, VW ID.4
Fun damage overnight, hit and run, fingers crossed a shop will be able to book some work for me before the end of the year. Got the spare on, seems to be driving fine so hopefully no major hidden damage.

Insurance coming out to review, just put my winter tires on, this sucks.

Ford F-150 Lightning Hit-n-Run PXL_20231111_130554126.MP
Sponsored

sd25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Rivian R1T
That does suck, sorry it happened to you.
Hopefully that gets fixed quickly.

I really wish Ford would make use of all the cameras on the Lightning and give us a Dash Cam and Sentry feature like Tesla and Rivian do.

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
That does suck, sorry it happened to you.
Hopefully that gets fixed quickly.

I really wish Ford would make use of all the cameras on the Lightning and give us a Dash Cam and Sentry feature like Tesla and Rivian do.
I installed a front/rear-facing dashcam. Too many idiots out there. The Sentry-like feature would be good on all vehicles with the camera hardware.

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE & 2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Having just been in a big accident with my Lightning last week, I most definitely sympathize with you. I am sorry that you are stuck dealing with this.

Sponsored

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
back in January, after only 4 months or so of my 'new' truck, a sedan sideswiped me, coming over into my lane, and having mostly their driver-side mirror doing the damage, from the very rear of the passenger-side cab, a fair 'dent' right behind and between the cab and bed, and scraping along the bed to the wheel well area. Not a BIG noticeable amount of damage, and thankfully the driver realized their error and pulled over to exchange information and wait for the local authority to stop by for an accident report. Their insurance ultimately paid me, yes, but the real challenge was finding a REPAIR SHOP to do the work.

5 months later no return calls from ANY shops, even though I had stopped by each one and spoke extensively with the shop manager, and they all were 'excited' to do the work, and yet, nothing... no phone call, nothing from any shops since then. It's now been over 11 months.

I decided to pocket the insurance money and just leave it as is. No one even knows it's there, except me. Oh well.

One aspect that might have reserved shops from putting my truck in the schedule is my request to NOT remove the bed for the repair process. Most could not understand this desire of mine, but my reasoning was simple: If you don't remove the bed from the frame, you don't have to deal with the electrical connections, the bed Outlets, or exposing the inverter/converter/motor equipment to potential accidental damage. You don't have to 'reconnect' electrical connections and get into ANY of those requirements that could ultimately create an issue, or one down the road.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I scratch my head at this difficulty. I've never had these issues.
Sponsored