Where is my Acceleration

smax64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
09 F250 FX4
Occupation
Firefighter
Don't know what happened, when I first got the truck it was super fast on take off, now it's half that. Used to be able to beat most sports cars off the line...

Thought it was one pedal so removed and turned truck on and off

Thought it's sports mode, switched and did on an off again.

Thought it maybe need to get launched, brake pedal on and hit accelerator.. nada

Anyone else seen this or know what us?
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Don't know what happened, when I first got the truck it was super fast on take off, now it's half that. Used to be able to beat most sports cars off the line...

Thought it was one pedal so removed and turned truck on and off

Thought it's sports mode, switched and did on an off again.

Thought it maybe need to get launched, brake pedal on and hit accelerator.. nada

Anyone else seen this or know what us?
Hi there! I can look into your Lightning's acceleration concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Lightning's VIN?

ryun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 Wind AWD, 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Were you between 90% and 100% state of charge on your attempts? I've noticed lower than that on my SR I have less oopmh.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Read your gauges. In cold weather you likely have less than 100% power until the battery warms up. Try a departure time while plugged in.

You probably also want to do some reading on your truck. The MODE you drive in isn't going to impact you launching the vehicle (if that's what floats your boat).

Sponsored
OP
OP

smax64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
09 F250 FX4
Occupation
Firefighter
Were you between 90% and 100% state of charge on your attempts? I've noticed lower than that on my SR I have less oopmh.
90 to 100

OP
OP

smax64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
09 F250 FX4
Occupation
Firefighter
Read your gauges. In cold weather you likely have less than 100% power until the battery warms up. Try a departure time while plugged in.

You probably also want to do some reading on your truck. The MODE you drive in isn't going to impact you launching the vehicle (if that's what floats your boat).
Happens in warm weather as well 70+

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
I think you just might be used to it now, drive a four banger for a month and then try the truck again.
This absolutely happens. I drove a loaner Ford Edge for a week and it suuuuucked. Soon as I had the truck back it felt amazing again.
Sponsored