High Beam indicator

twixr3000

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E / 22 Platinum ER
When my lights are on auto high/low beam there is no high beam indicator when i know the headlights are on high. Is there a way to turn this on? I have looked and found nothing, the lights do work well but it does but me that there is no indicator
Sponsored

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
Take a look at the "Automatic High Beam Conrols" in the owners manual. Starts on page 119 of my manual. That should answer in detail what you are asking.

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives

Sponsored

Dave70

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning
Auto high low beam only works if your light switch is set to the auto position. Double check that too.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
FORScan.

Hammick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
I need this. Hoping to learn Forescan soon. Is there a specific Forescan instruction on enabling just this feature? TIA.
I already use this for clearing or reading codes with OBDlink ios app
OBDLink MX+ OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner for iPhone, Android,
Hey Steve Forscan is pretty simple. Just make sure you back up all you modules first. I was impatient and jumped right in before I knew exactly what I was doing. My steering wheel buttons quit working and I was pretty nervous. I restored the modules with the Forscan backup and all was good.

I suggest you go slow and start with the seatbelt chime indicator. You can always re-enable it if you like that feature. We are religious belt users but sometimes on long road trips my wife needs to access our car fridge or untangle the dog's seatbelt cable.

Your Bluetooth dongle might work for all the modules. I bought a less expensive one and there is one module it doesn't have enough power to read. So I use the BT one for Carscanner and wired for Forscan.

I suggest this wired adapter which works perfect on my Lariat ER. Forscan is free 60 days if I remember correctly. You need to send them an email for the license.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B094Z7PBLS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I would skip the Lincoln Fold mirrors. I didn't realize you lose your approach lights if you enable that option. I will be changing mine back.

This is the thread I used to learn Forscan:

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/threads/f150-lightning-forscan-thread.11406/

Matrix lights, disable seatbelt chime and disable double honk on exit of running vehicle were all that I cared about.

The Matrix lights are incredible on pitch black roads at speed.

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
Matrix lights look awesome. I need to learn Forscan.

Last edited by a moderator:

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
Hey Steve Forscan is pretty simple. Just make sure you back up all you modules first.

Matrix lights, disable seatbelt chime and disable double honk on exit of running vehicle were all that I cared about.

The Matrix lights are incredible on pitch black roads at speed.
Thank you for all this great information, much appreciated!!

Sponsored
OP
OP

twixr3000

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E / 22 Platinum ER
well this thread pretty much got high jacked but I am going in for the tail light and battery recall in a week or so and will have them look

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
well this thread pretty much got high jacked but I am going in for the tail light and battery recall in a week or so and will have them look
Cleaned up the thread to put it back on a single topic concern, I do my best but things get out of hand at times.

BTW, I moved several posts to the following thread related to Seat Belt minder chimes

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/threads/disable-seatbelt-chime.14202/

Now back to discussions about head lights & high beams..