• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Charge Station Pro Shipping Delays

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I do know that Sunrun doesn't even begin the shipping process until they receive word from your local dealership that you have taken ownership.
Maybe times have changed since I got my truck. Perhaps for me, the differentiator is that I wanted both the FCSP and the Home Integration System to be installed by Sunrun. Or maybe that I ordered my truck online at Ford.com, not through a dealer.

I placed my order for the truck in November 2022. I thought my home electrical system needed to be upgraded, so I contacted Sunrun to set the wheels in motion. By January 2023, I had signed a contract. The FCSP was shipped on 1/26/23 and installed by 2/24/23. My truck wasn't scheduled to be built until 2/13 to 2/18/23. Because of the February 2023 battery fire, its build wasn't completed until April 2023, and I didn't complete my purchase at my dealer until 5/5/23. So, my FCSP was shipped to me ~4 1/2 months before I had signed any paperwork at my dealer and forked over any moola other than my reservation and order deposits.

I wonder if placing an order online through Ford.com vs. buying the truck through an order placed by the dealer is something that makes a difference in when you get your FCSP?
Sponsored

ElekTruck

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Maybe times have changed since I got my truck. Perhaps for me, the differentiator is that I wanted both the FCSP and the Home Integration System to be installed by Sunrun. Or maybe that I ordered my truck online at Ford.com, not through a dealer.

I placed my order for the truck in November 2022. I thought my home electrical system needed to be upgraded, so I contacted Sunrun to set the wheels in motion. By January 2023, I had signed a contract. The FCSP was shipped on 1/26/23 and installed by 2/24/23. My truck wasn't scheduled to be built until 2/13 to 2/18/23. Because of the February 2023 battery fire, its build wasn't completed until April 2023, and I didn't complete my purchase at my dealer until 5/5/23. So, my FCSP was shipped to me ~4 1/2 months before I had signed any paperwork at my dealer and forked over any moola other than my reservation and order deposits.

I wonder if placing an order online through Ford.com vs. buying the truck through an order placed by the dealer is something that makes a difference in when you get your FCSP?
I forgot to mention that I self-installed the charger.

I think the experience for someone that contracts Sunrun for an install is likely very different than those that simply receive the charger from them.

When you are contracting their services, you are a direct customer and would likely be treated with a prompt and appropriate delivery and installation.

When you are simply being shipped the charger for self-install, you are just one of many heads in the sea of contractual obligation between Ford and Sunrun, and unlikely to receive any kind of priority treatment since their business isn't from the car buyer, its from Ford itself.

I'd imagine the disparity of treatment between these two scenarios is poor communication and delayed service for those that don't purchase a serviced isntall.

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I think the experience for someone that contracts Sunrun for an install is likely very different than those that simply receive the charger from them.
It would still be interesting to hear from you folks whether you placed your order online or just through the dealer to see if there is any differential there.

mefly2

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat ER / KO2s max tow ; 22 F350, 23 C8 Vette
Occupation
Retired CSc/Math teacher. LEO
Purchased Lariat at dealer on 11/18/23 ... calls to both SR and Ford with myriad of excuses as to delay. No email or phone call FROM either (many to them from me) but the FCSP was delivered today. Thank you to Ford and SR ... after upgrading my wiring and breaker to 40A, I am not sure that I will even install the FCSP because we are very happy with the charge rate of the "mobile charger" on 220/240 ... the FCSP is likely headed for eBay. It is not worth the cost or time pulling #3AWG wire to the charger area for an 80A direct wire install ... for just a small difference in charging rate.
PM if you'd like to buy my FCSP

Last edited:

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I ordered my truck online and got my FCSP less than 2 weeks after I took delivery. No calls, no “confirm shipping address”, no nothing. January delivery.

Sponsored
OP
OP
MinerFan

MinerFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Recovering Engineer
It would still be interesting to hear from you folks whether you placed your order online or just through the dealer to see if there is any differential there.
Mine was a dealer spec order that I bought off the lot (a blue window sticker)

sfringer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I bought mine from a dealer since I couldn't place a custom order for a '23 any longer. Just so happened a similar build was in transit to the dealer.

sfringer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I just got off the phone with SunRun (again). While I never received the previously indicated email with tracking number, they did have a tracking number to provide and it's indicating delivery tomorrow (12/21). Fingers are crossed...

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Performance, Lightning Lariat Extended
Just got a FedEx shipping notification for my charger as well. Of course it’s arriving when my electrician is already off for the holidays! Oh well.

sfringer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I now, since calling on my own this morning, have had two SunRun customer service reps (both of whom I've spoken with on past calls) call me to let me know it has shipped and what the tracking number is. One even asked if I received the email with the tracking number. I said,"Why, no I have not received that email yet." and their reply was,"That's great. I'm glad we've gotten you what you need. FedEx indicates it will arrive tomorrow between..."
Those poor reps are probably so behind, and it seems their system doesn't track activity very well (or they choose not to update it) resulting in repeated effort.
Just happy to see the light at the end of this tunnel; and thankfully my electrician is available next Friday to do the install.

Sponsored
OP
OP
MinerFan

MinerFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Recovering Engineer
Well, mine finally showed up today. So about 8 weeks from purchase of the truck..

sfringer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mine showed up last Friday; so just under four weeks from purchase of truck. Electrician is scheduled for Friday morning to install everything.

NJAdales2

First Name
Gail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
I called SunRun w/in a couple of days after picking up our 2023 Lariat ER on 12/4 and they said that the truck was marked "sold" on 12/6, but they needed my email address. I confirmed all address and phone info for delivery of the FCSP. I called again on 12/11 to check status as our electrician was lined up to start necessary upgrade work. SunRun's Ford agent said charger had been "released to warehouse" and asked again for email address and phone number for the "escalation team tracker." On 12/19, I called re status and SunRun said the status still was "awaiting shipment" and that there'd be a case mgr. assigned to follow up. Today (12/27), I called and the initial rep I spoke with told me status was "backordered." He connected that status to Ford's having had a problem with some thousand or so chargers. He said the warehouse is closed this week and reopens on 1/2. Ultimately, the SunRun Ford reps put me through to "Byron," who they said was my case mgr. Byron had no info beyond that the status was "backordered"- no status history, no backorder date, etc. I asked whether there was anything he had heard about why the units were backordered. He said that Ford had had "an issue" with "4,000" chargers. :eek:. I will call back after the warehouse reopens next week.

Computermedic78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat ER
I ran into all kinds of issues with sunrun. I took delivery November 17. I called every Tuesday since then, and was told the same thing every time. All they would say is they had an issue and couldnt give me any kind of ship date. I had to update my address twice, somehow they had an address I dont know. It showed up at the wrong address on Friday. Luckily, it shipped to my father...at an address I have never lived at or been associated with in any way. I couldnt even tell you the address. I dont know where they got it from.

VTHokies

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 F150 Lightning Lariat ER (Sept ‘23 build)

the difference is you decided to have Sunrun do the install... I called them up at the end of August, about a month after placing my order (at the dealership) and they said since I wanted to have them install it they'd have it shipped out to me right away but I had to agree that if I didn't take delivery of the truck they'd charge my credit card for the price of the FCSP. If I didn't want them to install it I'd have to wait till after I take delivery.

The charger arrived promptly and was installed about a month and a half before I purchased the truck at the end of October.
Sponsored