Sponsored

Minh

First Name
Minh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Yeah I was very worried I had broken things when it stopped lighting up lol. I should probably try to get the original firmware so people can restore if needed.
I got it done this morning thank you. Don’t have power onboard but I do have tech package. The LDCMB failed several times. After restarting a few times it worked.

bordner42

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro
Are you going to try to add the rear light bar too?

Sponsored

KurtsRPMGarage

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT ER, 22 Tesla Model 3, 03 C5 Z06
Occupation
Geologist
Ford F-150 Lightning How To: Front Light Bar on Lightning Pro IMG_4513

Got everything buttoned up on my end. Looks great on avalanche gray. I’ll post my install video this evening.

Issues I ran into. Programming the LDCMA and LDCMB kept failing. I got the LDCMA to work after I unplugged the level 2 charger from the charge port. Then I got the LDCMB to work after I cleared any existing DTC codes. After that everything worked great.

Thanks again Shoopg.

OP
OP
shoopg

shoopg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Pro
IMG_4513.jpeg

Got everything buttoned up on my end. Looks great on avalanche gray. I’ll post my install video this evening.

Issues I ran into. Programming the LDCMA and LDCMB kept failing. I got the LDCMA to work after I unplugged the level 2 charger from the charge port. Then I got the LDCMB to work after I cleared any existing DTC codes. After that everything worked great.

Thanks again Shoopg.
Good to know! I'll add this in the main post. The Ford workshop manual for programming says to make sure the truck is unplugged from the EVSE so it seems like there's a good reason for it.

Truck looks great!

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Good to know! I'll add this in the main post. The Ford workshop manual for programming says to make sure the truck is unplugged from the EVSE so it seems like there's a good reason for it.

Truck looks great!
It's best to unplug from EVSE for any FDRS programming work

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Are you going to try to add the rear light bar too?
You would need, at the very least, a Lariat or Platinum tailgate and both taillights for that. Not impossible, but very expensive.

asianman35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Antimatter Blue Pro
IMG_4513.jpeg

Thanks again Shoopg.
Thanks for making your videos, i love them, looking forward to this one. I am going to tackle this on the weekend.

Sponsored

KurtsRPMGarage

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT ER, 22 Tesla Model 3, 03 C5 Z06
Occupation
Geologist
Thanks for making your videos, i love them, looking forward to this one. I am going to tackle this on the weekend.
Hey thanks!

For your viewing pleasure.

asianman35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Antimatter Blue Pro
I had actually bought a lariat grill on ebay because I didnt want to bother cutting the old grill and thought it might look better, but looking at pics of lariats and pro's side by side, i noticed that the trim below the grill is the same color as the grill, so it might look weird to mix and match those. So I just ended up cutting my old grill and will resell the lariat grill.

Draughn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
PRO ER
Occupation
Developer
I'll report back regarding the base 2023 Pro install when our bar arrives Thursday. The voltmeter we have was a little too thick to get an accurate reading @2 volts, but the wiring diagram makes it seem like we've got what we need. Really appreciate all the work that went into running this stuff down.

Last edited:

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Got the hard part done! Will do the programming over the weekend with the help of @ZSC100, we'll be adding the passive entry to my truck also.

THANK YOU @shoopg for figuring this out!
and THANK YOU @KurtsRPMGarage for making the video, helped out a lot.

PXL_20240118_220235502.jpg
Even the retrofitted ones are crooked. You guys are doing a great job making it look factory. :cool:
Sponsored