Sponsored

Azgunguy

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro and 2012 Expedition Fleet
Thanks for posting this. It seems this practice of using pigtails with sleeve crimp couplings and heat shrink is common. I can't stand it, but I'm an OCD EE, I'll admit. I'm so OCD that if I had a pro without the IMPA wires, I'd run a 4 wire harness of the correct color directly from the C242B to the C134 bumper connector, then replace the bumper harness as I did when I added my CCM. But I won't fault anyone for using the CCM pigtail and going directly from the IMPA to the CCM. I think you still have to take the bumper off physically mount the CCM bracket, but whatever.

So, the Gen14 forum says these are terminals for the IMPA connector:
https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts/ford-terminal_du2z-14474-ca.html
but, I would never do this, I would order the correct color wires like I did from:https://4rcustomswire.com/products/20-gauge-txl-wire-6-striped-colors-each-25-foot-long

Then the correct pins: https://www.digikey.com/en/products...5-1/5437424?s=N4IgTCBcDaIIwE4wBYEFY0Fo4gLoF8g
and crimp them myself.

This is the type of crimper you need if anyone is curious:
https://www.engineertools-jp.com/pa092021
The PA-20 is my favorite and most versatile for this kind of work.

In case anyone wants to research different AWG pin options from TE, this is the IMPA connector:
https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/te-connectivity-amp-connectors/2288276-1/10466734
https://www.te.com/usa-en/product-2288276-1.html
Thanks for the info. My last and final question (until I have another in 3 minutes), how are the pins inserted into the IPMA connector? Just slip right in the back, or is there some disassembly of the connector required?
Sponsored

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning SR EG 311A
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Thanks for the info. My last and final question (until I have another in 3 minutes), how are the pins inserted into the IPMA connector? Just slip right in the back, or is there some disassembly of the connector required?
It's really easy once you understand how the connector works, you have to retract the white retainer (or take it off completely if you want to inspect how the connector works). The pins insert from the back (wire end) and click into place with a spring loaded catch tine. You can look into un-populated slots to see how the catch tine works and even take a sharp pic and reach in and actuate it if you are curious. Here is a pic of one of the extracted pins so I could take accurate measurements:
Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT 1707767693892

Get some black cloth tape to make your new 4 harness and it will be super easy to take it through this firewall boot:
Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT 1707767868445

mikedroof

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco (Reserved)
Has anyone ran into issue of the CCM still not showing up?

I have all wires OEM except the 4 needed from harness through firewall inside. Got those pinned and ran. Radar unit and harness installed. I’ve checked continuity through wires and radar unit.

Ive changed setting in IPMA module to give radar unit power. Testing it shows power indeed.

I’ve upgraded FORscan to the paid version and 2.4 beta. After all of this, CCM still does not show up.

I’ve contacted the team at FORscan. They read the debug files and said that FORscan is searching for the CCM and doesn’t believe there is an issue with the software on their end.

Any ideas?

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Has anyone ran into issue of the CCM still not showing up?

I have all wires OEM except the 4 needed from harness through firewall inside. Got those pinned and ran. Radar unit and harness installed. I’ve checked continuity through wires and radar unit.

Ive changed setting in IPMA module to give radar unit power. Testing it shows power indeed.

I’ve upgraded FORscan to the paid version and 2.4 beta. After all of this, CCM still does not show up.

I’ve contacted the team at FORscan. They read the debug files and said that FORscan is searching for the CCM and doesn’t believe there is an issue with the software on their end.

Any ideas?
IF you've tested power and the CCM connector has power, double check the polarity/pin placement of both the power and the CAN wires. I hope you didn't make a simple mistake. This is why I checked all 4 CCM to IMPA and cross checked them twice (all 4 individually) with a 10ft jumper wire and a helper, before plugging in the CCM.

mikedroof

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco (Reserved)
IF you've tested power and the CCM connector has power, double check the polarity/pin placement of both the power and the CAN wires. I hope you didn't make a simple mistake. This is why I checked all 4 CCM to IMPA and cross checked them twice (all 4 individually) with a 10ft jumper wire and a helper, before plugging in the CCM.
Excellent. I will try that next.

Sponsored

Azgunguy

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hell yes! That's a nice work area!
Good luck! I take it you have all the parts at hand?
Thanks! I have an 80x80 barn I can work in. It’s smaller now since we built a house in it. But I still have tons of room.

parts are in town at the post office minus the steering wheel button, that’s still in transit.

mikedroof

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco (Reserved)
Thanks! I have an 80x80 barn I can work in. It’s smaller now since we built a house in it. But I still have tons of room.

parts are in town at the post office minus the steering wheel button, that’s still in transit.
Awesome. Anxious to see how your FORscan goes!

Azgunguy

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Awesome. Anxious to see how your FORscan goes!
You have no idea how unexcited I am for that part. Lol
After seeing so many people have issues I’m nervous. Especially since my lightning wasn’t anywhere near setup for ACC, Im anxious to see how it goes.

Sponsored

Azgunguy

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Do you know where I can salvage 2 of the connectors that go to the IPMA? The bag of 5 I ordered from Tasca had 3 taken out, then sealed with packaging tape. Someone may have returned it, tasca didn’t check, and now it’s in my hands.

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Do you know where I can salvage 2 of the connectors that go to the IPMA? The bag of 5 I ordered from Tasca had 3 taken out, then sealed with packaging tape. Someone may have returned it, tasca didn’t check, and now it’s in my hands.
I ordered the legit pins from Digikey, I can make you whatever you need, just tell me what color's you need and I'll even send you a few WAGO couplers. PM me with your address.

Azgunguy

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I ordered the legit pins from Digikey, I can make you whatever you need, just tell me what color's you need and I'll even send you a few WAGO couplers. PM me with your address.
Sent you a PM
Now looking at the plug on the CCM, do I have the orientation correct? The pigtail shows wires 1, 2, 3, and 4 being plugged into where I indicated in the photo. Does that look correct?
Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT IMG_5431
Sponsored