edcoble

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat (ER)
Occupation
Retired/former lawyer/former pastor
Greetings, All.

Questions: in my FordPass app/Blue Oval Charge Network/Plug & Charge, two networks appear, Electrify America and Tesla. EA has a green check mark. Tesla does not but has a note "Certificate Pending".

Does the "Certificate Pending" mean I can't use the Tesla supercharger network with a NACS adapter yet?

Any indication of when the "certificate" will be approved?

Note: I've already been able successfully to use a Tesla "magic dock" station in Fort Worth, Texas.

Thanks!
Sponsored

ytwytw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lighting ER Lariat
If your app is on latest version, and it may take up to 48h to get green checkmark

Keep in mind plug and charge is 30% more expensive than tesla membership

OP
OP

edcoble

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat (ER)
Occupation
Retired/former lawyer/former pastor
If your app is on latest version, and it may take up to 48h to get green checkmark

Thanks.

My latest update was for the Tesla charging network (a week or so ago), so I'm hoping the "pending" changes soon. I see in my FordPass maps that Tesla superchargers are now appearing.

Hoping to try one out soon (my NACS adapter should be here soon.... :) )

Schoeb93

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Occupation
Physician

It has been a week and certificate still pending. Is there anything "active" i have to do to get clock rolling?

Also, have do you avoid blue oval surcharges? I have a tesla already. Do I register my truck with tesla too? And I have an EA subscription. I assume it is preferable to use EA app rather than ford pass.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
It has been a week and certificate still pending. Is there anything "active" i have to do to get clock rolling?

Also, have do you avoid blue oval surcharges? I have a tesla already. Do I register my truck with tesla too? And I have an EA subscription. I assume it is preferable to use EA app rather than ford pass.
If you're not subscribing to fee for service features you won't be charged anything until you use a charging session at Tesla {FULL RATE = NO DISCOUNTS}, but if you're intending to use the reduced rates option at Tesla or EA or other providers as MEMBER, then remember to activate the session using third party apps to enjoy the reduced rate.

Do you have an active credit card listed in your Account section > Connected Services > BlueOval Charge Network > PAYMENT INFORMATION?

Scroll to the bottom of that section, the card input should have an active EXP date, if this required perfection, wait a couple days to see if it updates the P&C screen where the certificates are showing.

Vehicle tab on Fordpass > Charging drop list > Blue Oval Charge Network > Plug & Charge > Switch ON

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
My truck got the certificate shortly after the update. Mach-E updated Friday, and still nothing. Like many things, if Ford simply spelled out the process, and the timetable, it would eliminate so many questions.
Sponsored