Sponsored

I finally found my breaking issue with this truck. Don't read this unless you want to hate your truck too.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
I think the best solution would be to install these at each indicator light on the truck then you'll know exactly when the lights are blinking. 10 pack is super cheap.
Ford F-150 Lightning I finally found my breaking issue with this truck. Don't read this unless you want to hate your truck too. flash

bydabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lighting Lariat ER; Volvo S60 Recharge
I think the best solution would be to install these at each indicator light on the truck then you'll know exactly when the lights are blinking. 10 pack is super cheap.
flash.jpeg
Cheaper alternative:

G-Zeus

First Name
Garth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
This is when you have the blinker on for a super short time, or don't push the stalk completely in one direction or another. I bet it probably has some sort of name like "lane change indicator". This was in my early 2000s ICE F150 as well. I agree on the annoyance, there's no way to cancel it and it likely would cause some level of confusion to the person behind you.
The default is three blinks. You can use Forscan to change that. I changed mine to 4, I use it all the time.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

WilliamRobert

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
happily retired!
Your lucky you never worked with me, I wired a guys left turn signal to his horn! We had a laugh and a beer!

Most OTA quirks work themselves out after one drive.

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
I thought the OP was just joking but I guess he's not. There are lots of little things that bug me about my truck, but this ain't one of them. It's not that serious of a problem to me. :unsure:

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning ER Lariat
Am I crazy or do I have an updated truck that has fixed this?

I was thinking about this thread and tested it 3 times today.

My turn signal makes a "click CLICK click CLICK click CLICK" sound. The light is perfectly synced with the louder click, but does not blink on the back beat.

If there are any drummers out there, the turn signal has a "boom-chic-boom-chic-boom-chic" beat to it, and the light flashes perfectly with the "chic" on my truck.

I feel like if it blinked for both the "click-CLICK" it would be blinking too fast and I'd assume a bulb or something was out.

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat SR
IDK, I'm usually playing Metallica or Slayer at full volume, I have not had this problem. I just love to Ride the Lightning and enjoy the ride.

Couldn't possibly love or relate to this post more than I do. :rockon:

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Randomly my turn signal sounds like R2D2 with an occasional beeboop sound mixed in with the simulated click a ticker

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
Am I crazy or do I have an updated truck that has fixed this?

I was thinking about this thread and tested it 3 times today.

My turn signal makes a "click CLICK click CLICK click CLICK" sound. The light is perfectly synced with the louder click, but does not blink on the back beat.

If there are any drummers out there, the turn signal has a "boom-chic-boom-chic-boom-chic" beat to it, and the light flashes perfectly with the "chic" on my truck.

I feel like if it blinked for both the "click-CLICK" it would be blinking too fast and I'd assume a bulb or something was out.
Your turn signal is emphasizing the backbeat / snare drum. Good rhythm. That is when people are supposed to clap with a song. I don't recommend clapping while driving, though. Add the windshield wipers and make music out of it.

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning ER Lariat
Your turn signal is emphasizing the backbeat / snare drum. Good rhythm. That is when people are supposed to clap with a song. I don't recommend clapping while driving, though. Add the windshield wipers and make music out of it.

Yes! Well said. I could clap to my to my turn signal lol

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
This reminds me of Steve Martin's first movie, "The Jerk", where he discovers how to keep rhythm for the first time (he was raised by a black family and never could keep in sync with his family's music... Then he stumbled on white people's music and everything changed).

derm

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-150 Sport 4x4; Ordered F-150 Lighting Larit
get an old Ford starter solenoid and wire it up to the blinker. Then you can really appreciate the truck.
Sponsored