Copilot knows the free adapter delivery dates

FLSpartan04

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning XLT ER
Thanks for the reminder - Found email confirmation from Mar 8. Checked Fords online status - it is now saying September 2024. Seriously? I have a few trips this summer that I was banking on having this tool. Ford - you have really screwed over your brand advocates

Screenshot 2024-05-04 8.49.25 AM.png
I bought my truck less than a week after that and got a September delivery date. I donā€™t think it moved, I think that was always your estimate. That said with everything going on at Tesla (since they are the manufacturer) Iā€™d assume that September is not likely. I ordered an A2Z set of both the ac and dc adapters when the initial delay emails came out. I think they are running about a month to delivery if you have a road trip coming up.
Sponsored

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
Click the link in your email confirmation, it will redirect you to the Ford login. Login and you'll see the status.

I also despise the push on these "ai" bots. "ai" is a buzzword to spur investment in the tech sector, the reality is that it's mostly malarky. Microsoft can't even make a good search engine to begin with so I doubt co-pilot has anything of value to contribute.
It is not real intelligence. It is artificial intelligence, a lot like military intelligence. šŸ˜‚

Effonefiddy Lightning

First Name
Alfred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning SR Antimatter Blue /2023 Model Y
Occupation
Retired
THIS is one of the great dangers of AI. People think the internet has factual information, which of course we all know now is not true with social media and anyone becoming an "expert". Now, you add in AI, which makes things up also. And people think it's fact.
Exactly, and that genie is out of the bottle and cant be put back.

RichB-HTX

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
Mine has shows on June all along. I ordered 2;29/24. I just checked, it still shows June.
Ford F-150 Lightning Copilot knows the free adapter delivery dates IMG_9324

OG_Ragnar

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT ER, 17 C-Max Energi, 15 Flex
Occupation
Nonprofit Administration
Mine was ordered 03/17/24 and it still shows as shipping in September.

Sponsored

DaGriff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜23 Lariat ER Carbonized Grey
Occupation
Plumber
This from Fordā€¦

Ford F-150 Lightning Copilot knows the free adapter delivery dates EC9EFFDC-2418-4706-9938-372DD3ACB5B1

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Mine has shows on June all along. I ordered 2;29/24. I just checked, it still shows June.
IMG_9324.jpeg
Mine shows the same, but I don't believe it. I will be happy if we get them in 2024, but I am not holding out hope for that either given what is going on at Tesla.

RichB-HTX

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
These can not be difficult to make based on my knowledge of mfg and supply chain and descriptions of what is inside them. Tesla could easily outsource this but I'm wondering if the people doing it were part of the charging team that was canned.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
This from Fordā€¦

EC9EFFDC-2418-4706-9938-372DD3ACB5B1.jpeg
The issue on Tesla's end being that the logistics company isn't sure if they're going to get paid and doesn't want to send out any more adapters until they know for sure..

FWIW, mine still shows June.

Ishkatan

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER =RAe (Range Anxiety)
Occupation
Old
Ugh, I bought my Lightning April 29, 2024 and realized I had to request the adapter yesterday (4/7/24). Delivery is planned for October, 2024. A call basically got me "can't do anything to expedite".

I'm planning some 350 mile trips in June and July and most of the chargers along the way are a whopping 6.x kw with a few going up to 11.x Kw. At least they are cheap. There are 2 fast chargers - at Chevy and KIA dealers - rates NOT listed.

A search of Amazon shows several adapters ranging from $40 - $75 - I will check State of Charge for recommended adapters.

Sponsored

FLSpartan04

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning XLT ER
Ugh, I bought my Lightning April 29, 2024 and realized I had to request the adapter yesterday (4/7/24). Delivery is planned for October, 2024. A call basically got me "can't do anything to expedite".

I'm planning some 350 mile trips in June and July and most of the chargers along the way are a whopping 6.x kw with a few going up to 11.x Kw. At least they are cheap. There are 2 fast chargers - at Chevy and KIA dealers - rates NOT listed.

A search of Amazon shows several adapters ranging from $40 - $75 - I will check State of Charge for recommended adapters.
https://a2zevshop.com/products/nacs-ccs1
This is basically your only option right now. The other Lectron unit just had a recall. State of charge has both units covered well, even the recent recall on the Lectron unit. I ordered the combo with the ac and dc adapters. If you want to do destination charging at hotels overnight on your trip, that may be a good option for you too. There are some codes floating around. But FORD is a pretty reliable one for 10% off.

Ishkatan

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER =RAe (Range Anxiety)
Occupation
Old
https://a2zevshop.com/products/nacs-ccs1
This is basically your only option right now......
There are some codes floating around. But FORD is a pretty reliable one for 10% off.ecent recall on the Lectron unit. I ordered the combo with the ac and dc adapters. If you want to do
I was really hoping to find something much cheaper as a temporary stopgap.

mr.Magoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, AMB
I was really hoping to find something much cheaper as a temporary stopgap.
I don't know which adapters you found for $40-$75, but I'm guessing that you've at this point figured out that most (if not all) of those are for going from CSS to Tesla and not the other way around.

With the Lectron unit being/having been recalled, there's not a whole lot of options out there.

You either make do and wait for the Ford adapter to arrive, perhaps make a deal with a kind soul on the forum to do an exchange if they're getting one sooner and don't need it (mine is slated for July (23### order number), or - you buy the A2Z unit.

Old Aviator

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Platinum 06 Magnum SRT8 23 Ocean One
Occupation
Consultant
I have ordered the Lectron but they won't provide a shipping date even though they headline for it says shipping now.

I just tried to check status on Ford, and it says the order number does not exist even though it's the exact order number on my order acknowledgement from Ford.
I would like to have 2 since I have 2 EVs.
Sponsored