Votes: 19 33.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ryun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 Wind AWD, 2023 Lightning XLT SR
We've had some interesting changes in the 3 years this truck has been available. $40K pro and the most color options in 2022, heated seats standard and a slightly increased EPA range for 2023 SR models, and a heat pump and the new Flash trim for 2024 (to name a few). What's your favorite model year and why? Also curious if you own your preferred model year too.

Mine is the 2023 model year which fortunately I do own. I got it in the latter half of the year (due to the stop ship from the battery fire), so I got to take advantage of the price drops and a good-at-the-time finance option. More importantly for me though was that the heated seats came standard on the 311A XLT trim I wanted. This meant even more "savings" for me because I was planning on making the jump to the 312A XLT package just to get the heating seats and steering wheel. Even though I preferred the wheels/tires of the 311A/Pro trims and didn't need all of the other niceties that came with 312A. I think 312A SR was an extra $5-10K at the time? I don't feel like I missed out on the heated steering wheel, especially since many purchasers didn't even get it delivered with their truck due to supply chain issues.

Now, if I could have gotten all that with the color options and the pricing in 2022 MY (without dealer markup) that would probably be my ideal truck.
Sponsored

sstevetx

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER w/Max Tow - Atlas Blue
I picked 22 because it has the least amount of deletes, includes a mobile charger standard, plus it is the only year that offered Atlas blue. I don't think my Lariat ER has any deletes although I haven't had a use for the bed scales yet.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I picked 22 because it has the least amount of deletes, includes a mobile charger standard, plus it is the only year that offered Atlas blue. I don't think my Lariat ER has any deletes although I haven't had a use for the bed scales yet.
Agreed, 2022 right or wrong is the way Ford intended for the truck. Impressive how they pushed through constraints in that year and launched at the price point they did. Also the only year for Smoked Quartz.

IMO 2023 is the most shafted year. Between deletes, price increases, missing out on the heat pump on 24, OTA issues. I feel for the 23s.

OP
OP
ryun

ryun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IMO 2023 is the most shafted year. Between deletes, price increases, missing out on the heat pump on 24, OTA issues. I feel for the 23s.
Agree overall. If you were getting a higher end 2023 MY trim you likely got shafted by price increases, deletes, or high interest rate financing options. Or all three.

Sponsored

Howard S

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Pro
2022. I bought one of the first ones in New Mexico. Anti-blue is the color and against the New Mexico rainbows it stands out. I was able to buy the Pro model with the tow package and pretty much everything you could buy on the Pro at the time and out the door with the tax credit it was under $40,000. There’s nothing close to that can perform and ride like the F150 Lightning does. I’ve had it almost 2 years now and only one problem rear half shaft needed to be replaced because it was leaking. Hundred percent charge shows 240 miles some reason because when it was new, it was only 230, so there’s been very little degradation of the battery. And the great thing about New Mexico is the electric company PNM will sell you electricity between the hours of 10 PM to 5 AM for three cents a kilowatt. If you do the math that’s equivalent to about $.29 a gallon for gasoline. How could anybody argue against electric trucks? This is the fourth electric vehicle I’ve owned and is probably the most capable, best riding and quietest of them all. How can you argue when you have a vehicle that cost $40,000 and is faster 0 to 60 then most Porsches and has four-wheel-drive and the capability to carry a ton of junk or precious items. I think the favorite thing about the F150 either gas or electric is it when you fold up that backseat you can put a giant cage in there for your wild beast. Since the floor height is low its easy to jump up into their private sanctum. If you don’t have a cage for your furry buddy, you can always sleep in the back, as long as you’re under 5 foot 10. Clara Ford would be very happy cruising around in this monster. Remember, Henry forbid her to drive an an electric car!
Ford F-150 Lightning Favorite model year and why? IMG_8839
e
Rainbow over Santa Fe

Joe.....Montana

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Agree overall. If you were getting a higher end 2023 MY trim you likely got shafted by price increases, deletes, or high interest rate financing options. Or all three.
For me it's the 23.....because it's the one I have...haha...I also didn't purchase until March of 2024 so I got an ER Lariat for around $59,500 out the door with a mobile charger thrown in.

OP
OP
ryun

ryun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
For me it's the 23.....because it's the one I have...haha...I also didn't purchase until March of 2024 so I got an ER Lariat for around $59,500 out the door with a mobile charger thrown in.
Nice! That's pretty much what I paid for my XLT SR. Was that without a trade-in by chance? That's a crazy good deal if so.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
2022. I bought one of the first ones in New Mexico. Anti-blue is the color and against the New Mexico rainbows it stands out. I was able to buy the Pro model with the tow package and pretty much everything you could buy on the Pro at the time and out the door with the tax credit it was under $40,000. There’s nothing close to that can perform and ride like the F150 Lightning does. I’ve had it almost 2 years now and only one problem rear half shaft needed to be replaced because it was leaking. Hundred percent charge shows 240 miles some reason because when it was new, it was only 230, so there’s been very little degradation of the battery. And the great thing about New Mexico is the electric company PNM will sell you electricity between the hours of 10 PM to 5 AM for three cents a kilowatt. If you do the math that’s equivalent to about $.29 a gallon for gasoline. How could anybody argue against electric trucks? This is the fourth electric vehicle I’ve owned and is probably the most capable, best riding and quietest of them all. How can you argue when you have a vehicle that cost $40,000 and is faster 0 to 60 then most Porsches and has four-wheel-drive and the capability to carry a ton of junk or precious items. I think the favorite thing about the F150 either gas or electric is it when you fold up that backseat you can put a giant cage in there for your wild beast. Since the floor height is low its easy to jump up into their private sanctum. If you don’t have a cage for your furry buddy, you can always sleep in the back, as long as you’re under 5 foot 10. Clara Ford would be very happy cruising around in this monster. Remember, Henry forbid her to drive an an electric car!
IMG_8839.jpeg
e
Rainbow over Santa Fe
We love it, Howard! And that's a stunning F-150 Lightning!

Sponsored

Joe.....Montana

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Nice! That's pretty much what I paid for my XLT SR. Was that without a trade-in by chance? That's a crazy good deal if so.
That was without trade in....$7,500 tax credit up front, $5,000 Ford incentive, $7,400 dealer discount...we traded in my wife's 2018 Rav4 on it for $16,500 (debated whether to private sell). Plus down payment we ended up financing $30,000 at 1.9% for 36 months.

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
Definitely 2022.
- Zero deletes. (On-board scales, CHMSL camera, spare tire lock) And if you're an early 2022 Platinum you have the multicontour seats with full fold flat functionality. No Platinums after came with that.
- Precut holes for the ambient lighting that was removed for 22 F150s. No cutting required to retrofit, just an adapter harness and the parts and you've restored the ambient lighting to the cupoholders, media tray and the glove box light.
- biggest one: dual on-board chargers on ER trucks allows for an industry-leading 19.2kW of level 2 charging. Combined with the Lightning's relatively modest battery for a truck, compared to the competition leads to very good 240V charging times. As someone who still lives near a free Tesla destination charger that puts out about 16kW, I'm quite glad I'm not capped at 11kW like the new trucks.

Also I'm partial to my Ice Blue Silver Metallic and I also love the Dark Quartz color option along with some of the other discontinued colors.

All in all, it's the most contented year.

Zaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER and 2023 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
.......... Trophy husband
I like my 22 better as a better equipped truck, plus Atlas Blue (rarest color as already mentioned). I like my 23 better as a value (at $23k off MSRP) and for its max hauling (my 22 has a SmartCap and other heavy options like pano glass). Glad I got my ERs w dual onboard charging, the rest is all icing. :)

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I like my 22 better as a better equipped truck, plus Atlas Blue (rarest color as already mentioned). I like my 23 better as a value (at $23k off MSRP) and for its max hauling (my 22 has a SmartCap and other heavy options like pano glass). Glad I got my ERs w dual onboard charging, the rest is all icing. :)
I agree with everything but Atlas Blue being the rarest. :) It and IBS (also 2022 only) were available for all trims in 2022. But Smoked Quartz only available for Lariat and Plat and it was an added cost.

It was so rare, they didn't even list it in this poll!
And in this poll, it received the fewest votes of three deleted colors.

So Smoked Quartz is the rarest of them all. :handsinair:
Sponsored