• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

PTS/FDRS VIN Check Thread

CyclopsThere

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT
I'm super sorry if you've answered this 800times before but can't find it. The OTA updates cover only certain bits of software that have updates available. The module and other updates "APIM, GWM, TCU and IPC" need to be manually updated by a patient dealer or by ourselves with $1000+ hardware and software purchase, and will never come OTA, does that sound about right? So without buying our own stuff and "risking a brick" we have to develop a nice working relationship and probably pay a bit to a ford service person who has experience & time to do these?
Sponsored

OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
I'm super sorry if you've answered this 800times before but can't find it. The OTA updates cover only certain bits of software that have updates available. The module and other updates "APIM, GWM, TCU and IPC" need to be manually updated by a patient dealer or by ourselves with $1000+ hardware and software purchase, and will never come OTA, does that sound about right? So without buying our own stuff and "risking a brick" we have to develop a nice working relationship and probably pay a bit to a ford service person who has experience & time to do these?
No, those modules are part of the OTA updates process. However, the list I use to show people what they have pending will not show those modules have pending updates, so I mention that as a full-disclosure that the list I am providing is not complete in terms of all the pending updates.

OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Could you run mine again? I received updates directly after the last check and have stalled for quite a while.
OTA history is below. Nothing has been sent to you since late April. Nothing to worry about; that is just how these things work.

Ford F-150 Lightning PTS/FDRS VIN Check Thread 1717787642308-cu

SteuLight

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT 312A
Forgive my ignorance, but what's the relationship between the models that need updating and the OTA updates we get occasionally? For example, I just got 4.2.3.1 and I assume that contained one or more of the modules from the list you provided me earlier. However, in the list of modules awaiting update, none of them had anything that looked like 4.2.3.1. Is there a listing somewhere of what modules are contained in any given OTA update?

I hope that makes sense.

Sponsored
OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Forgive my ignorance, but what's the relationship between the models that need updating and the OTA updates we get occasionally? For example, I just got 4.2.3.1 and I assume that contained one or more of the modules from the list you provided me earlier. However, in the list of modules awaiting update, none of them had anything that looked like 4.2.3.1. Is there a listing somewhere of what modules are contained in any given OTA update?

I hope that makes sense.
The update you got yesterday was for the GWM. While the OTA's do corollate directly to whatever modules you have pending, the details you see on the screen after an update do not tell you which module it updated I can see which module it updated with the access I have.

Unfortunately, there is no up to date listing for the Lightnings. I blame myself as I have been too lazy to do it.

Ford F-150 Lightning PTS/FDRS VIN Check Thread 1717795195190-25

Attachments

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat ER
Hello,

Could you please run my VIN. Thank you for all you do on this community.

1FT6W1EV3PWG48331

OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Hello,

Could you please run my VIN. Thank you for all you do on this community.

1FT6W1EV3PWG48331
You received 4 updates in a 2 week time span a few weeks ago and nothing since. The last OTA you got was 6.1.0 so you're still missing some, but your truck is getting updates and there is nothing to be concerned about; you just gotta wait for the next batch to be sent to you.

Ford F-150 Lightning PTS/FDRS VIN Check Thread 1717871942794-ah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 lightning pro
Powertrain malfunction failure then an update and system went back in Good Health status?

1FTVW1EL6PWG44140

thanks for the help!!!
I’m really hopeful there is a good explanation because I feel like I can’t trust the truck anymore

Sponsored

temtxford

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Just curious what you see on updates. Tesla one was my last, then crickets. Know about the pause, etc... Just wondering...

1FTVW1EV5PWG07243

Thanks in advance.

OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Powertrain malfunction failure then an update and system went back in Good Health status?

1FTVW1EL6PWG44140

thanks for the help!!!
I’m really hopeful there is a good explanation because I feel like I can’t trust the truck anymore
The codes your truck reported when that happened are tied to the attached SSM's. It seems like you just had low voltage in your ABS module and it triggered the event. I don't see this is a problem.

Just curious what you see on updates. Tesla one was my last, then crickets. Know about the pause, etc... Just wondering...

1FTVW1EV5PWG07243

Thanks in advance.
I see you have nothing in your recent OTA history, but your truck is talking to the cloud just fine. List of modules pending updates is below. I don't see anything to be worried about. You just have to wait for the next round to be sent to you.

Ford F-150 Lightning PTS/FDRS VIN Check Thread 1718033843379-tu

Hey could I get some info on

1FTVW1EV5PWG12801

Thanks!
Last OTA was 4.2.3.1 just four days ago. You aren't terribly behind and are getting updates, so nothing to worry about here. Hopefully the trend continues and updates keep rolling in sooner than later.

Attachments

OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Thanks for this!!

Would the low voltage reading indicate a bad sensor or a bad ABS component?
According to the SSM, it could have been a loose battery terminal cable. It could have also just been a glitch in the module matrix where the module didn't wake up in time when you started the truck and it caused that error. If it does not do it repeatedly, I would not be concerned.
Sponsored