First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
Got my adapter and Power Supply in, Amazon is so bad around here. Might take it with me tomorrow as I am going to visit my brother and play games with him. Truck will just be sitting around so might start them while there. Wish me luck. :)
Amazon had a shipment disruption of my orders.
Plus now I just discovered per FDRS software my current laptop needs replaced as not meeting the software system requirements. Itā€™s always somethingā€¦Time to buy new computer too now before I can proceedā€¦.iā€™m computer shopping now. lol šŸ˜‚

Ford F-150 Lightning OTA Update Question IMG_1246
Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I'm thinking you might be a bit past due for an upgrade anyway.

Ford F-150 Lightning OTA Update Question Screenshot 2024-05-19 at 8.35.52ā€ÆPM

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Derivatives
I'm thinking you might be a bit past due for an upgrade anyway.

Screenshot 2024-05-19 at 8.35.52ā€ÆPM.png
Yep been using MacBooks past 10 +|- years and have let all my windows machines I guess get out of date. Between iPhones and iPads just donā€™t use windows systems much these days. Iā€™m shopping now for a decent Laptop with 16gb ram, decent ssd drive and touch screen or not have not decided yet.

Reactions: GDN
OP
OP

pkirby11

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
Amazon had a shipment disruption of my orders.
Plus now I just discovered per FDRS software my current laptop needs replaced as not meeting the software system requirements. Itā€™s always somethingā€¦Time to buy new computer too now before I can proceedā€¦.iā€™m computer shopping now. lol šŸ˜‚

IMG_1246.jpeg
Ooof, yeah if it isn't one thing it's another. I had fun starting my FDRS adventure yesterday because the power supply doesn't work well if connected directly to the battery terminals, at least it didn't in my case. Ended up having to pop off the panel in the frunk and use the terminals for jumping the truck. Then I was fine but almost bricked my truck. So just a little advice, I would try the terminals under the frunk and not the battery terminals, think it has something to do with the way the truck reads the SoC of the LVB. Otherwise, it's been smooth sailing and everything has worked well.

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Derivatives
Ooof, yeah if it isn't one thing it's another. I had fun starting my FDRS adventure yesterday because the power supply doesn't work well if connected directly to the battery terminals, at least it didn't in my case. Ended up having to pop off the panel in the frunk and use the terminals for jumping the truck. Then I was fine but almost bricked my truck. So just a little advice, I would try the terminals under the frunk and not the battery terminals, think it has something to do with the way the truck reads the SoC of the LVB. Otherwise, it's been smooth sailing and everything has worked well.
Good to know thanks. Glad you averted any tragedy. Iā€™m ordering new laptop today before I can proceed. FDRS says only lists INTEL processor, Iā€™m an AMD fan usually. Out of curiosity what is your laptops processor you are using..? So I might have to switch back to the INTEL camp lol.

On the power supply hookup I hook mine up like this so the bms correctly reads and monitors voltages. I may be mistaken but was told by EV tech this is the way to do it..?

Ford F-150 Lightning OTA Update Question IMG_1274

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
On the power supply hookup I hook mine up like this so the bms correctly reads and monitors voltages. I may be mistaken but was told by EV tech this is the way to do it..?
Yes, that is the way to do it. I am not sure what happened with @pkirby11; he texted me last night after he was able to get it resolved on his own when his battery died while updating the IPMA. Crisis everted in his case, but he probably spend a total of 5-6 hours doing that one update.

OP
OP

pkirby11

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
Good to know thanks. Glad you averted any tragedy. Iā€™m ordering new laptop today before I can proceed. FDRS says only lists INTEL processor, Iā€™m an AMD fan usually. Out of curiosity what is your laptops processor you are using..? So I might have to switch back to the INTEL camp lol.

IMG_1274.jpeg
I have an Intel Laptop sadly, I am more of a fan of AMD but I just grabbed a cheap laptop for other things. As for why mine messed up, no idea but I got it working and that is all that counts. Very happy I did it because I am already seeing huge improvements to problems I had, especially the doors. Also rugedraw is a real MVP, he has been so helpful and nice during this whole process.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
I have an Intel Laptop sadly, I am more of a fan of AMD but I just grabbed a cheap laptop for other things. As for why mine messed up, no idea but I got it working and that is all that counts. Very happy I did it because I am already seeing huge improvements to problems I had, especially the doors. Also rugedraw is a real MVP, he has been so helpful and nice during this whole process.
I'm glad I was able to steer you into taking this direction and now you understand why I say a Mongoose is an invaluable tool to have in your arsenal.

BabyDoc1012

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT, 2022 Mustang Mach 1, 2021 Expedition
Did you get ECG-24.2.4.9?
Nope, not yet. I gotta run ti the store in a bit, so hopefully it will load while Iā€™m out. If not I have a bunch of running around to do tomorrow so maybe. How about you?

Sponsored

Shiftcomma3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 xlt
Nope, not yet. I gotta run ti the store in a bit, so hopefully it will load while Iā€™m out. If not I have a bunch of running around to do tomorrow so maybe. How about you?
Got it last night, before that my last update was 6.1.0 back in May.

BabyDoc1012

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT, 2022 Mustang Mach 1, 2021 Expedition
Got it last night, before that my last update was 6.1.0 back in May.
Yea my last update was 6.1.0 back in May as well. So if the last holds true, I should have it today or tomorrow.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer

IMG_1274.jpeg
Only because you kinda circled both the negative terminal and the BMS connector, here is a pic for others showing the proper locations (use blue circles , not red X's). Looks like you have the power supply ring terminals attached correctly.

If you have 6mm nuts you can attach those on top of the existing nuts (piggyback) so you don't need to disconnect the existing nuts to attach the ring terminals.

Ford F-150 Lightning OTA Update Question 1718915961287-xx
Sponsored