• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

No climate controls on Fordpass app

DreamBrother1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro, Subaru Ascent
Has anyone else been experiencing this issue? I start the truck by pressing the fan icon. Apparently the climate controls are supposed to appear when ready after a short time. However in my experience they never appear. The truck will run until timed out and the option to adjust climate controls never shows up. The only option is to 'add time to climate' by pushing the 'extend' icon.
Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
It’s just another Ford Pass failure….

They are there, sometimes you have to long press the fan once it’s running, if you don’t do it right you will turn it off….

Yes this was addressed during Beta Testing and of course it was ignored….

Last edited:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Sad that they let this flaw past beta......

After I start the climate mode, the animation of the fan starts, then I slide the screen upward to reveal another button with the temperature and icons for features like cooled / heated / warmed steering wheel, tap it once to show the temp slider and toggle buttons for comfort features.

Some of you aren't seeing that??????

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired

After I start the climate mode, the animation of the fan starts, then I slide the screen upward to reveal another button with the temperature and icons for features like cooled / heated / warmed steering wheel, tap it once to show the temp slider and toggle buttons for comfort features.

I guess some are having issues, this is like the 3rd time someone has complained.

During Beta I sent screen shots of what would work great

Ford F-150 Lightning No climate controls on Fordpass app IMG_1917

Ford F-150 Lightning No climate controls on Fordpass app IMG_1918

Didn’t even have to be that fancy….

Pjlightning

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150

I only just found that thanks to your tip.

Unfortunately it takes way too long for the spinning wheel to complete the initial request to start the climate control, so I never stared at it long enough to see the option for the pull down to set temp and choose seat heating/cooling.

this helps a lot, especially since I kept having my truck turn on heated steering wheel and heated seats, not what I’m looking for in summer 🥵

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I only just found that thanks to your tip.

Unfortunately it takes way too long for the spinning wheel to complete the initial request to start the climate control, so I never stared at it long enough to see the option for the pull down to set temp and choose seat heating/cooling.

this helps a lot, especially since I kept having my truck turn on heated steering wheel and heated seats, not what I’m looking for in summer 🥵
Good thing about the APP, once you use it to switch on the preferred modes, it seems to remember last used settings, switch off the heated wheel and it will remember that on the next remote or departure cycle

captcory

First Name
cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 FORD Lightning PRO, honda pilot
So that's at least 2 of us that have PROs that don't have the temp control. Is this happening on other trim levels?

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
no, PROs don't get any customizable temps, it's just what you have set it for in 'Settings': such as warm, cool, etc.

What's odd with my APP is the time it takes for the icons to 'fill' ... meaning that there is at first a 'ghost' set of buttons, but almost like a spinning wheel waiting for them to fill in with each NAME, before I can then touch one... and that's actually when it works. Much of the time the control touches create a long-lasting spinning wheel that ulitmately simply times out and nothing happens...and yet, you don't KNOW that nothing has happened, since it doesn't TELL you what has, or hasn't, taken place.

If the truck is LOCKED, I need to see a FILLED 'Locked' Button to identify that status.
If the truck is UNLOCKED, I need to the FILLED 'UnLocked' button...
If the CLIMATE/Truck is ON, I need to see that, too...

there is too much 'guessing' with the APP, in it's current state.

OP
OP

DreamBrother1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro, Subaru Ascent
no, PROs don't get any customizable temps, it's just what you have set it for in 'Settings': such as warm, cool, etc.

What's odd with my APP is the time it takes for the icons to 'fill' ... meaning that there is at first a 'ghost' set of buttons, but almost like a spinning wheel waiting for them to fill in with each NAME, before I can then touch one... and that's actually when it works. Much of the time the control touches create a long-lasting spinning wheel that ulitmately simply times out and nothing happens...and yet, you don't KNOW that nothing has happened, since it doesn't TELL you what has, or hasn't, taken place.

If the truck is LOCKED, I need to see a FILLED 'Locked' Button to identify that status.
If the truck is UNLOCKED, I need to the FILLED 'UnLocked' button...
If the CLIMATE/Truck is ON, I need to see that, too...

there is too much 'guessing' with the APP, in it's current state.
Is there anyone out there with a Pro trim that can access climate controls on the new Fordpass app?

BhamDCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro ER
Is there anyone out there with a Pro trim that can access climate controls on the new Fordpass app?
Pro owner here. I can turn on climate controls, which has been great, but I can’t controls temps, heated seats, etc. So I’m in the same boat.

Sponsored

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Thanks for the tips on how to change the temp, etc. I didn't realize it was there. Much appreciated. Works perfectly. (May 2022 Lariat) I do like the simplicity of the new app (even if that simplicity means I miss some things.)

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X

Whitewater64

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 23 F150 Lightning Lariat ER Max Tow Star White
Occupation
Singer/Conductor

Well, ain't that nifty. Thanks TaxMan. I had not scrolled to find the additional controls.

WhiteBolt

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro EV, 2004 SVT Lightning
Occupation
Manufacturing
My Pro has access to climate settings. App shows a bar below spinning fan icon to adjust temp.but Condensor fan runs wide open no matter what temp I set. Fan doesn't slow down until I get in truck and press "start".

Ford F-150 Lightning No climate controls on Fordpass app screen01
Sponsored

Last edited: