• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Stupid defaults on (new) Fordpass Climate pre-start

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
- make it default to COOLING not heating - right now I always need to toggle through the heat to get to the cool in the cabin controls and it should not be this way.
I think the only climate setting should be the exact temperature one wants and the system should compare that to the interior temperature and act appropriately. I think the previous app's only climate choices were cool, medium, or heat?
Sponsored

msadan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
I just tried it in the app. Start the climate remote control in the app. A secondary button appears below the blue highlighted climate button once climate control starts. Click the new button, Climate Settings, it opens up a new window. The defogger, heated steering wheel, heated and cooled seats are option buttons. Press which one you want on. Doesn't seem to show the current status of what is on or not on. Only highlights if you have selected it and it is on. Otherwise the option buttons are not highlighted.
There is also a slider to set the temp.
I’ve never seen a Climate Settings button. I wonder if it’s because I have a lowly Pro.

Ford F-150 Lightning Stupid defaults on (new) Fordpass Climate pre-start IMG_6160

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I’ve never seen a Climate Settings button. I wonder if it’s because I have a lowly Pro.

IMG_6160.png
I may be mistaken, but an older thread on this topic indicated Pro's or was it XLT's have the climate control panel??

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Would have been great IF they told us they made this change in the notes. Instead, I also got into a truck with the heated seats blasting and the wheel toasty warm, on a 95 degree day...

OP
OP

richl025

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
I think the OP's original note has been lost. Regardless of what the new app does, if the trucks settings were set to Auto, when it was remote started in >95 degree weather then the truck didn't do what it should.

The app shouldn't be overriding those unless you specifically tell it to. Once again Ford hasn't just messed up the app, they are overriding what you've set Sync to do. This is more than a small mess.

I haven't noticed this behavior in TX, but this isn't normal behavior in any climate.

Are you saying that the app is now going to be the controlling place? If so then it should be removed from Sync, but I don't agree with this. The app should send the simple command to start HVAC. Sync should control how, or allow an override from the app, but the override from the app should be a single override that resets on the next remote "start'.
Completely agree with this - the app should say "turn on" and the Sync should figure out what it needs to do (heat, cool, etc)

Reactions: GDN

Sponsored
OP
OP

richl025

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat

IMG_6160.png
That makes it even stupider - the ability to change the presets only appears AFTER you have started to condition the cabin (the little fan button) - push the fan button & after the truck confirms it is on, you should see the options to change it

msadan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
That makes it even stupider - the ability to change the presets only appears AFTER you have started to condition the cabin (the little fan button) - push the fan button & after the truck confirms it is on, you should see the options to change it
All I get after starting climate successfully is the "Extend / Add Time to Climate" button, no options :(

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
All I get after starting climate successfully is the "Extend / Add Time to Climate" button, no options :(
Sad, this should be functional on all trims of the Lightning, try force stopping the APP after you switch on the climate remotely, after restarting the app, make sure to slide upward/downward on the screen to scroll the control panel into view.

captcory

First Name
cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 FORD Lightning PRO, honda pilot
Nope, if you do that then you don't even have the option to extend, it just stops. Sadly the PROs don't get the option to adjust temp or turn on seat heaters.

Formerly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning 2022
Occupation
Construction Estimation
Sad, this should be functional on all trims of the Lightning, try force stopping the APP after you switch on the climate remotely, after restarting the app, make sure to slide upward/downward on the screen to scroll the control panel into view.
This force stop procedure (on Android) worked for me.

One thing I notice is that my truck behaves fine when not plugged into shore power, but when plugged in and the climate auto starts in the morning, I get heated seats and wheel no matter what setting is set in the app...

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
This force stop procedure (on Android) worked for me.
What trim level??

Ford F-150 Lightning Stupid defaults on (new) Fordpass Climate pre-start 1720446179391-et

One thing I notice is that my truck behaves fine when not plugged into shore power, but when plugged in and the climate auto starts in the morning, I get heated seats and wheel no matter what setting is set in the app...
Interesting, I've been unplugged all days that I use remote start for the past couple of months, routinely only charging once a week on Saturday or Sunday evenings.

I'll repeat the process plugged in to confirm the aberration you're experiencing, if it proves out, then HOUSTON [FoMoCo] you've got more bugs to fix.

OP
OP

richl025

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
Nope, if you do that then you don't even have the option to extend, it just stops. Sadly the PROs don't get the option to adjust temp or turn on seat heaters.
That sucks, and it's damn petty of Ford to do that - not like the software would cost them any more money..

Just on the off chance the feature is actually there & hidden (it took me WEEKS to figure this out) I included a couple of screenshots - the first one shows just the fan button, to activate the climate control. The second screenshot is after the climate control is successfully activated (sometimes you have to wait a minute or two) - only THEN can you see the settings - if you tap on the "Climate Settings" you can change the defaults from there.

Again, pretty stupid to hide it like that.

Ford F-150 Lightning Stupid defaults on (new) Fordpass Climate pre-start unnamed
Ford F-150 Lightning Stupid defaults on (new) Fordpass Climate pre-start unnamed2

ryun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 Wind AWD, 2023 Lightning XLT SR
I drive a 2023 XLT SR 311A option group. I also have never seen any options to adjust climate on the app. I'll try force closing the app next time but I believe I've tried this before too.

* Edit * - Nope, no settings appear. Likely a sync 4 vs a sync 4a thing.

Last edited:

Green1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Paramedic
I saw those climate settings once. I've never been able to find them again.

Of course 80% or more of the time, climate fails to start anyway. So I'm not sure I'm missing much by not having the settings if I can't even turn it on.

This is basically THE primary reason to have an app at all, and between waiting 30 seconds or more for the app to come up to the point where I can request the climate start, the 80% failure rate in starting, and the inability to adjust it afterwards. I've mostly given up on using it at all.

To be fair, when I got my Tesla in 2015, the app had many of the same issues. To be a little less kind, that was almost a decade ago.

Formerly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning 2022
Occupation
Construction Estimation
What trim level??

1720446179391-et.png

Interesting, I've been unplugged all days that I use remote start for the past couple of months, routinely only charging once a week on Saturday or Sunday evenings.

I'll repeat the process plugged in to confirm the aberration you're experiencing, if it proves out, then HOUSTON [FoMoCo] you've got more bugs to fix.
Thanks for the reply, I'd love to know if it can be replicated. My trim is the sync 4a lariat
Sponsored

Last edited: