• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Madtroniks

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
It’s so refreshing not having to Stop at a Walmart for a Charge - BBQ and Margaritas > Walmart pit stops.

I asked my wife if she minded the charging stop and she mentioned it was a margarita stop and one of her most enjoyable road trip pit stops versus last year when we would stop at a Walmart and have to deal with dirty restrooms and lack of food choices.

I am extremely thankful to FORD / Rivian and Tesla to come to an agreement and to @A2ZEV for getting a quality / reliable Tesla NACS to CCS adapter in time for Summer road trips.

I am able save money by skipping 52 cent kWH Francis Energy / EVGO chargers and instead charge at 35 cent Tesla chargers with membership.

I’m looking forward to everyone getting to experience road tripping without having to stop at a Walmart every 3 hours.

Current shipping times are 2 weeks if you order an an A2Z adapter today. Still in time to have some road trips in July / August using the Tesla network.

Feel free to use the below link or discount code "FORD" to save on products sold on A2Z website.

A2Z EV Tesla Supercharger Adapter for Ford - Save 10% + FREE shipping with discount code "FORD". 12 Months Warranty

This post and future posts may contain links to affiliate website, and we may receive a commission for any purchase made by you on the affiliate website. Our affiliates include GoAFFpro and Shareasale.

IMG_3764.jpeg
IMG_3765.jpeg
IMG_3766.jpeg
IMG_3767.jpeg
IMG_3768.jpeg
IMG_3769.jpeg
IMG_3770.jpeg
IMG_3771.jpeg
IMG_3772.jpeg
Sponsored

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
Looks like a great location. Most Tesla stops in my travels have been at Sheetz / Wawa which get just as old as Walmart and Walmart has had the cleanest restroom options especially when traveling with children.

VAF84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Consultant
This was one of the best things about getting a the NACS adapter. The stops are more "interesting". I think it was Jackson, TN where they had this good bbq restaurant and a parking lot full of Tesla chargers. Another one had at least three fast food places I could walk to nearby. I get to stop at Buccees late at night, instead of the parking lot of a closed Walmart. It definitely changed the long distance experience. Oh and this weekend I'll be headed to Corpus Christi where I think the only fast charger in town is Tesla. I wouldn't have made that trip in my LER without the adapter.

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lariat ER, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe
I purchased the A2Z adapter and tried using it for the first time this weekend. Unfortunately i get a “charging error” everytime i use it. The trucks charge lights flash red and i get an error message on the app. I tried a tesla super charger and a tesla regular public charger in 3 separate locations. I tried opening the tesla app on my phone first and still doesnt work. Tesla app says “no chargers near your location.”

I also have a 60amp tesla charger in my garage (leftover from my model Y) and the adapter will not work with that either. Same “charge error.”

Any advice??

Sponsored

mrau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat⚡ER, VW ID4
I tried opening the tesla app on my phone first and still doesnt work. Tesla app says “no chargers near your location.”

The A2Z adapter only works on V3 and V4 Tesla Superchargers. Almost 1/2 the Tesla Supercharger locations are V2 or older.

Use the Tesla app to find a compatible location and try it again.

NCMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red Lariat Lightning
I purchased the A2Z adapter and tried using it for the first time this weekend. Unfortunately i get a “charging error” everytime i use it. The trucks charge lights flash red and i get an error message on the app. I tried a tesla super charger and a tesla regular public charger in 3 separate locations. I tried opening the tesla app on my phone first and still doesnt work. Tesla app says “no chargers near your location.”

I also have a 60amp tesla charger in my garage (leftover from my model Y) and the adapter will not work with that either. Same “charge error.”

Any advice??
id recommend doing a search on the forum as it has been discussed alot but the main points of it are:

1. A Tesla to CCS adapter can only DC fast charge at V3 and V4 Tesla superchargers. If your Tesla app said no chargers near by it probably means you were at a V2 which does not work with adapters.

2. A Tesla to J1772 adapter is needed for AC charging. This would be the smaller Tesla Destination chargers/Wall Connectors/Level 2 chargers/etc...

So depending which adapter your purchased its going to do one or the other. Not both.

Once you have the correct adapter for supercharging, you still need to activate the charger either with the fordpass app, the charge app in the truck, the tesla app, or sign up for Plug & Charge with ford and make sure it is activated in your ford account. Plenty of threads on this topic also.

Sedawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT ER

Any advice??
What area is this? Most likely you are trying incompatible chargers.

And the Typhoon adapter has no AC pins - it is for DC fast charging only.

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for tips. Didn’t know there were different tesla charger versions. The area is South Padre Island, TX, Elon’s backyard. We apparently only have V1 and V2 tesla chargers on the island. With this data it shows we do have some compatible chargers aways away.

Too bad adapter doesnt work with my tesla garage charger. Does anyone know if the ford adapter I should get in September will work with that?

Thankful for this board and everyone’s input.

OP
OP
Madtroniks

Madtroniks

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Thanks for tips. Didn’t know there were different tesla charger versions. The area is South Padre Island, TX, Elon’s backyard. We apparently only have V1 and V2 tesla chargers on the island. With this data it shows we do have some compatible chargers aways away.

Too bad adapter doesnt work with my tesla garage charger. Does anyone know if the ford adapter I should get in September will work with that?

For level 2 Tesla home charger and level 2 Tesla destination chargers, you will need a Tesla to J-1772 Level 2 AC adapter like A2Z Stellar.

I’m using it right now and already pulled down 67.2 kWh at no cost.

Slowly this adapter is paying for itself.

Tesla Level 2 Destination adapter (Hotels / Shopping Centers / Parking Lots), Portable charger and RV Park / Camping ground adapter. For the Level 2 adapter you will want to dial down the amperage to 80% of the breaker you are currently using by code.

Feel free to use the below links or discount code "FORD" to save on products sold on A2Z website.

A2Z EV Tesla To J1772 adapter (Tesla Destination Charger for Hotels / Shopping centers) | Up to 80A | 20kW | 12 Months Warranty

IMG_3414.png

IMG_3785.png

IMG_3776.png

IMG_3751.jpeg

IMG_3750.jpeg

Sponsored

VAF84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Consultant

The adapter on AC was answered, so I'll skip that one. Download the Tesla app and input your info on it. It will show you compatible stations where it can be used. The membership also saves you some money compared with using Ford Pass where membership pricing is not accommodated.

I use a Tesla mobile charger at home, with a Lectron NACS to J1772 adapter for 30 and 50amp plug service.

I had a few errors with A2Z at first, however I found that when new the adapter wasn't pushing in all the way to allow it to fully engage the locked position. This was fixed by fitting the adapter on the charger, and then pressing it firmly into the concrete ground. After that I had no issues.

So next time, at the Tesla DC charger try the following: Engage Tesla app, follow directions and pick charging station. Pull cord, place adapter on charger, then press them firmly into the ground. Then connect to vehicle, where within the minute it should initiate charging.

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-450 & F-250 Lightning & Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Blissfully Retired

Too bad adapter doesn't work with my tesla garage charger. Does anyone know if the ford adapter I should get in September will work with that?

I have a Tesla and a Lightning. I use the adaptor in the link below with my Home Tesla Wall Charger for my Lightning. It's rated up to 80 amps. I have my Tesla Wall Connector hard wired to a 60 amp circuit which delivers 48 amps or 11.7 kWs to the Truck.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0C9SLSZQD/

Hammick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Where we travel our yet to be received adapter will be worthless. I-90 between Sioux Falls, SD and Billings, MT only has V2 Superchargers. To make matters worse the destination charger in Sheridan, WY is a gen 1 configured at 80 amps and will not work with the Lightning for whatever reason. I have tried to talk to management about setting it to 60 amps (which apparently would work with the Lightning) with no luck. Being able to use this destination charger would save us from having to use the single 60kw fast charger at the Jeep dealer in Sheridan. It's just a matter of time before we are stacked behind three or more EVs and this charging stop takes 4 hours or longer. Or worse it goes down entirely and we are stuck in Sheridan charging at a campground.

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have a Tesla and a Lightning. I use the adaptor in the link below with my Home Tesla Wall Charger for my Lightning. It's rated up to 80 amps. I have my Tesla Wall Connector hard wired to a 60 amp circuit which delivers 48 amps or 11.7 kWs to the Truck.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0C9SLSZQD/
Same setup here. I just purchased this one. The A2Z i need is not available for purchase right now.

Thank you again!

Newton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW e-Golf, Lariat SR, Kia EV6, Toyota T-100
I don’t think that the Gen1 destination chargers work on any vehicle that uses the CCS data transfer protocol (ISO 15118) including modern Teslas. Changing the amperage won’t help.

The reason that we can have an adapter is that Tesla uses the same communication protocol as CCS, just with different wiring. It is like how we can all communicate on the web no matter if we are using CAT5 wiring, old two wire telephone jacks, wireless, or coax (cable.). Unfortunately gen1 was a Tesla only thing, before the standard existed.
Sponsored