• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Priority Update: 23-PU0813-DOR-UP2

COrocket

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Im guessing this isn’t the one that enables walk away lock yet?
Sponsored

zinkscott

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Cloud Engineer
This just popped up. 40 minute update after I got 6.8 last night.

IMG_5812.jpeg
Also got this today, also have a ‘23 Platinum. I got 6.5.0 last night.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

mazzmond

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback, Ford F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Physician
Just tonight my truck failed an update and got the same error message. Was the update for the windows 2023 Lariat ER. Will be calling the number in the morning and having it towed.

Was trying to install Priority Update: 23-PU0813-DOR-UP2

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Just tonight my truck failed an update and got the same error message. Was the update for the windows 2023 Lariat ER. Will be calling the number in the morning and having it towed.

Was trying to install Priority Update: 23-PU0813-DOR-UP2
Update failed for me, too, at 5 AM today. Truck is stuck in INHIBIT MODE. Trying to power it on, only starts in "Full Accessory Mode." Shift lever won't go out of PARK, etc.

Car Scanner said my LVB was 86% SOC before it started, 85% SOC when it ended (my truck was plugged in to my FCSP). I haven't had the BSM monitor replaced yet. My dealer had it on back order and hasn't called me about it yet.

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
2 in one day is not normal. I would tun off auto-updates off, jic.

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
@rugedraw. Would factory resetting my vehicle have any chance of getting me out of inhibit mode? I asked my dealer's customer service rep about using FDRS myself (since they don't have a EV Mobile Service tech, only a single on-site EV tech), and he advised against using FDRS myself as long as the vehicle is under warranty. I found that I can schedule with Ford's Roadside Assistance to only have it towed when the dealer has a service appointment slot available. That way, the truck won't have to sit out in the hot Texas sun in the dealer's lot until they can get around to looking at it.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
@rugedraw. Would factory resetting my vehicle have any chance of getting me out of inhibit mode? I asked my dealer's customer service rep about using FDRS myself (since they don't have a EV Mobile Service tech, only a single on-site EV tech), and he advised against using FDRS myself as long as the vehicle is under warranty. I found that I can schedule with Ford's Roadside Assistance to only have it towed when the dealer has a service appointment slot available. That way, the truck won't have to sit out in the hot Texas sun in the dealer's lot until they can get around to looking at it.
Factory reset I doubt will do anything. If i were in your shoes, I would have taken it out of inhibit mode immediately. I wouldn't even have wasted my time calling the dealer or Ford.

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
Update failed for me, too, at 5 AM today. Truck is stuck in INHIBIT MODE. Trying to power it on, only starts in "Full Accessory Mode." Shift lever won't go out of PARK, etc.

Car Scanner said my LVB was 86% SOC before it started, 85% SOC when it ended (my truck was plugged in to my FCSP). I haven't had the BSM monitor replaced yet. My dealer had it on back order and hasn't called me about it yet.
Did you get this screen? You said you can’t get it out of park but will it go into neutral if you follow these instructions? This is what happened when I got stuck in inhibit but mine was on a bigger update before the BMS update.

Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update: 23-PU0813-DOR-UP2 IMG_0261

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Did you get this screen? You said you can’t get it out of park but will it go into neutral if you follow these instructions?
Yes, I eventually got that screen. It only showed up after quite a few attempts at starting my truck. Now it's the only thing my SYNC screen displays and I can't go anywhere else or see anything else on the screen, same as your photo shows. :sadface:

Sponsored

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
If i were in your shoes, I would have taken it out of inhibit mode immediately.
Will I need a power supply to take my truck out of inhibit mode with FDRS safely, or is that such a simple "unlock" procedure that just an FDRS subscription and the Mongoose Plus Ford2 cable should be enough, i.e., no significant power draw? I've also ordered the Clore Pro-Logic PL6100 power supply, but it won't arrive until July 18, whereas I'll have the Mongoose cable tomorrow (7/11).

I skipped ordering Asurion insurance for either the Mongoose Plus cable or the Clore power supply as I figured that I'd be using them infrequently enough that it's cheaper in the long run to "self-insure."

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Will I need a power supply to take my truck out of inhibit mode with FDRS safely, or is that such a simple "unlock" procedure that just an FDRS subscription and the Mongoose Plus Ford2 cable should be enough, i.e., no significant power draw? I've also ordered the Clore Pro-Logic PL6100 power supply, but it won't arrive until July 18, whereas I'll have the Mongoose cable tomorrow (7/11).

I skipped ordering Asurion insurance for either the Mongoose Plus cable or the Clore power supply as I figured that I'd be using them infrequently enough that it's cheaper in the long run to "self-insure."
It's quick and no power supply needed. Give me a bit to fire up FDRS and I'll show you where to go to do it.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Once you get FDRS set up and you read the VIN from the truck, you'll click the toolbox tab (circled) and this is what you'll see. Next, click the BCM (circled).

Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update: 23-PU0813-DOR-UP2 1720662946486-j

Once you click the BCM, you'll see this screen below. Look for the BCM vehicle inhibit reset app, and click download to the far right. Once it downloads, it'll change to the word run in green. Click run and then follow whatever steps FDRS tells you to do.

Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update: 23-PU0813-DOR-UP2 1720663132238-o2

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR

Ford could probably save some money if they just put up a screen asking if you would like a tow truck or a free Mongoose and a 2 day FDRS license.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Ford could probably save some money if they just put up a screen asking if you would like a tow truck or a free Mongoose and a 2 day FDRS license.
Or better yet - allow a reset from the screen or even better distribute SW that doesn't brick a truck. This is not the first time.
Sponsored