First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning SR EG 311A
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Has anyone with an XLT EG 311a successfully gotten glare free headlights to work?

I followed these instructions from : https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/threads/f150-lightning-forscan-thread.11406/

Glare-free (matrix) headlights (localized dimming of brights based on surrounding traffic): Successful Lariat ER with 5/5/22 build date. The necessary hardware is available in my Lariat ER trim. The swiveling (dynamic bending) lights continue to work with these settings. Settings were adapted from this F150gen14 ICE forum thread. Also thanks to @FlasherZ and

APIM7D0-09-01x1xxxxxxxx--
APIM7D0-09-03xxCxxxxxxx--
IPMA706-01-01xxxxxxx9xx--
SCCM724-04-01xxx4xxxxxx--
HCM734-01-02xxxxx2xxxx-
HCM734-03-02xxxxxxx1x1--
HCM734-11-01073589
IPC720-01-01xx8xxxxxxx--
IPC720-10-01xxxxxxx3xx--
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't get them to work, in Automatic headlight mode my high beams never activate? I've seen many reports of people making them work, but not any XLTs.
Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer

SteuLight

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT 312A
Has anyone with an XLT EG 311a successfully gotten glare free headlights to work?

I followed these instructions from : https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/threads/f150-lightning-forscan-thread.11406/

Glare-free (matrix) headlights (localized dimming of brights based on surrounding traffic): Successful Lariat ER with 5/5/22 build date. The necessary hardware is available in my Lariat ER trim. The swiveling (dynamic bending) lights continue to work with these settings. Settings were adapted from this F150gen14 ICE forum thread. Also thanks to @FlasherZ and

APIM7D0-09-01x1xxxxxxxx--
APIM7D0-09-03xxCxxxxxxx--
IPMA706-01-01xxxxxxx9xx--
SCCM724-04-01xxx4xxxxxx--
HCM734-01-02xxxxx2xxxx-
HCM734-03-02xxxxxxx1x1--
HCM734-11-01073589
IPC720-01-01xx8xxxxxxx--
IPC720-10-01xxxxxxx3xx--
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't get them to work, in Automatic headlight mode my high beams never activate? I've seen many reports of people making them work, but not any XLTs.
I got it to work on my 2023 XLT ER

Check your numbers carefully. At first mine wouldn't work - in fact the auto high beams disappeared and the 'bending' lights went away as well. Turns out I missed that second '1' on HCM 734-03-02. When we're playing in FORSCAN, it's rare to change two numbers for an entry at once!

Edited: a word

Last edited:
OP
OP

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer

Check your numbers carefully. At first mine would work - in fact the auto high beams disappeared and the 'bending' lights went away as well. Turns out I missed that second '1' on HCM 734-03-02. When we're playing in FORSCAN, it's rare to change two numbers for an entry at once!
That's the exact one I missed the first time, I think.

That with a combination of not knowing how it works. I expected to see the blue high beam indicator same as I'm used to. Turns out there is no indication of it working anymore :(. Another example of poor HMI by Ford. Other than that these matrix headlights are awesome. After a long drive last night I was able to really see it working good on long curves with one car in front of me; I could see it switching on and off vertical segments as the car moved left to right in my field of view.

So I am good now. Thanks All.

H8N-8NT-EZ

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT

That with a combination of not knowing how it works. I expected to see the blue high beam indicator same as I'm used to. Turns out there is no indication of it working anymore :(. Another example of poor HMI by Ford. Other than that these matrix headlights are awesome. After a long drive last night I was able to really see it working good on long curves with one car in front of me; I could see it switching on and off vertical segments as the car moved left to right in my field of view.

You should see that instead of the blue icon for brights/auto brights that you have a green headlight icon with an "A" in it. That means your glarefree auto beams are enabled. Also, I don't think they work unless you are going over 25 or 35 mph (don't quote me on that).

Sponsored

SteuLight

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT 312A

Glad you got it working!

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
Glad to hear you made it work - and a couple of points:

* You can still force high beams to full-on... if you see the blue icon, this means that you're going to blind everyone in front of you because they're forced on. As noted, you want the circle-A green headlamp logo for normal operation with glare-free headlamps.

* The best way to see if it works is to look at the edges of the road and observe items on the side of the road light up / darken as the headlamps adjust to oncoming cars.

* Ford protects the HCM configuration more than most of the other modules, because HCM configuration also includes some emergency lighting modes for police & fire units (wig-wag, flashing, etc.). If you get the check values incorrect ("073589" in my case), it breaks EVERYTHING headlamp-related except basic headlamp and low/hi beam operation. This is to ensure you can't configure - without some extra knowledge - some of these special modes.

OP
OP

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
You should see that instead of the blue icon for brights/auto brights that you have a green headlight icon with an "A" in it. That means your glarefree auto beams are enabled. Also, I don't think they work unless you are going over 25 or 35 mph (don't quote me on that).
Yes, it's 35, same as auto high beam. And the green headlight icon with the "A" is the same one as before with auto high beam :( That's why I was like, what is different about this, there's no blue high beam happening automatically like I'm used to so it's not working :(

I wish they'd have put a little animated blue high beam icon that showed you some crude indication of the block out zones it sees. Another example of poor IPC programming by Ford. Awesome hardware, shitty software :(

21st Century Truck

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150 Lightning 2023 XLT ER pkg. 312A

Check your numbers carefully. At first mine wouldn't work - in fact the auto high beams disappeared and the 'bending' lights went away as well. Turns out I missed that second '1' on HCM 734-03-02. When we're playing in FORSCAN, it's rare to change two numbers for an entry at once!

Edited: a word
^^ This ^^ exactly.

I also missed the second "1" in the middle HCM line... now corrected. Now my 2023 XLT has the bending function as well as the glare-free headlights function. ...small victories :muscle:
Sponsored