• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning soon to be spying on us . . ?

MaintGrl

First Name
Marsha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Lightning, Anti-Matter Blue SR (311a)
Occupation
Retired CWEA Grade 3 Maintenance Technician

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Can't be any worse than what FB does. Without fail, if I am talking about something to a friend or family I see an AD for it soon after.

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
Can't be any worse than what FB does. Without fail, if I am talking about something to a friend or family I see an AD for it soon after.
What’s FaceBook ? I left that hell whole beyond years ago. 😊

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Sittin' On The Dock of Bay, watchin' the tide.....
Vehicles
It's got four wheels - Waiting on my '22 Lightning
Modern technology. Big Brother just corporate style. I refuse to have Alexa or anything like it. I also don't have any social media accounts except for you fine people on this site.

I also wouldn't trust that you can really turn it off either.

Sponsored

21st Century Truck

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150 Lightning 2023 XLT ER pkg. 312A
Modern technology. Big Brother just corporate style. I refuse to have Alexa or anything like it. I also don't have any social media accounts except for you fine people on this site.

I also wouldn't trust that you can really turn it off either.
A microphone can always be turned off... by snipping a wire if needs be.

OP
OP
MaintGrl

MaintGrl

First Name
Marsha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Ya, I stopped using fb years ago, and never set up alexa in the lightning.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
You get facebook and Google services for free when you give away your soul and your family secrets to them. Did any of you get a free truck?

I can see the court case going like this:

Lightning owner's lawyer: Your honor, the reason my client's wife is his Ex wife now and has half his assets is that a Ford software glitch resulted in untimely play back of his conversation with his girlfriend.

Ford's Lawyer: Your honor, Ford has absolutely no objection to the gentleman screwing over someone that trusted him as long as he got something out of it. That is completely understandable. However we have no liability since he accepted Ford's terms of use when he updated his Ford Pass App.

Last edited:

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
Companies patent all kinds of things that they never intend to use. They use them as bargaining chips when they need access to other company’s patents or if they get sued for violating someone’s patent. Just look at what happened to the Apple watch when a small company was able to get the pulse ox sensor removed because of a patent dispute. Normally Apple would have a patent they could enforce on the other company or offer a license to an Apple patent in exchange. In this case Apple didn’t have anything in their arsenal and the new watches had to lose the feature. Most big companies want their engineers to patent everything they can.

Also Malwarebytes’ (like the whole antivirus and security industry) entire business model is built on keeping their customers afraid.

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Just NO......... If you have an iPhone, turn off the "Listen for" feature and use the button to activate Siri. This kills the "always listening" features. It kills targeted Facebook ads and others who may pay Apple for listening capababilities.

FORD SHOULD NOT GO THERE. Plain, simple invasion of privacy.

Sponsored

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
Ford already is, remove the fuse "3 Circuit" fuse for the TCU and Inclination sensor and just put in the extra "2 Circuit" 5 amp fuse that's in the fuse box. This assumes you don't have a power tailgate. If you do, unplug the TCU.

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning soon to be spying on us . . ? fuse

OP
OP
MaintGrl

MaintGrl

First Name
Marsha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Companies patent all kinds of things that they never intend to use. They use them as bargaining chips when they need access to other company’s patents or if they get sued for violating someone’s patent. Just look at what happened to the Apple watch when a small company was able to get the pulse ox sensor removed because of a patent dispute. Normally Apple would have a patent they could enforce on the other company or offer a license to an Apple patent in exchange. In this case Apple didn’t have anything in their arsenal and the new watches had to lose the feature. Most big companies want their engineers to patent everything they can.

Also Malwarebytes’ (like the whole antivirus and security industry) entire business model is built on keeping their customers afraid.
Re: "Also Malwarebytes’ (like the whole antivirus and security industry) entire business model is built on keeping their customers afraid. "

You are definitely entitled to your opinion . .

RocketGhost

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
The vast majority of things you see in patent applications will never see the light of day and the applicant never intends them to in the first place.

One purpose of patents is to prevent others from doing/making/selling it. Even if the application never matures to a patent the simple disclosure of subject matter in the application can prevent others from getting a patent on it. Often how a patented technology is actually applied is very different and much narrower in scope than what is covered by the patent. What I see with larger corporations is that they are just throwing darts as a preemptive move just in case the technology may be relevant someday. For them seeking patents is pocket change compared to the financial risk of letting the competition get ahead or letting the competition get a patent and keep them from implementing the idea.

There is zero risk in patenting something. The only downside is spending money to get a patent you never use.

Lots of bizarre and ridiculous stuff are in patents. Take them as a grain of salt. Whether the idea is worthwhile, something that will actually sell, good policy, or even legal is immaterial and not a consideration in patenting the idea.

OP
OP
MaintGrl

MaintGrl

First Name
Marsha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
The vast majority of things you see in patent applications will never see the light of day and the applicant never intends them to in the first place.

One purpose of patents is to prevent others from doing/making/selling it. Even if the application never matures to a patent the simple disclosure of subject matter in the application can prevent others from getting a patent on it. Often how a patented technology is actually applied is very different and much narrower in scope than what is covered by the patent. What I see with larger corporations is that they are just throwing darts as a preemptive move just in case the technology may be relevant someday. For them seeking patents is pocket change compared to the financial risk of letting the competition get ahead or letting the competition get a patent and keep them from implementing the idea.

There is zero risk in patenting something. The only downside is spending money to get a patent you never use.

Lots of bizarre and ridiculous stuff are in patents. Take them as a grain of salt. Whether the idea is worthwhile, something that will actually sell, good policy, or even legal is immaterial and not a consideration in patenting the idea.
Ah . . .but the potential is still there. (I'm NOT a "Negative person" but I don't want to be caught of guard either . . )
Sponsored