• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

samskeys

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning XLT 2023 SR Equipment Group 311A
I dropped mine of Sunday night for a "half day on Monday." At the end of Monday I got a call saying the update "failed twice" and they they needed it overnight to try again in the morning. Apparently its now halfway in and hopefully Ill be able to pick it up in a few hours...
Sponsored

McDavid403

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Platinum
Update on mine, update is still going we are at 20 hours. Dealer wants to keep it running until the afternoon. Seems insane as I'm reading this bulletin... I am I wrong for telling them to stop it and try again?
1726239505039-e5.jpg
Did they fix it? They did the same update on a lightning I was about to take delivery of, but the software update failed and brick’d the IPMA module and am told they now have to replace it, but the part is back-ordered.

ktn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning® LARIAT ER
Did they fix it? They did the same update on a lightning I was about to take delivery of, but the software update failed and brick’d the IPMA module and am told they now have to replace it, but the part is back-ordered.
They got it to run the next day for the normal expected time, my dealer didn’t hook up a 12v charger right away.

samskeys

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning XLT 2023 SR Equipment Group 311A
I dropped mine of Sunday night for a "half day on Monday." At the end of Monday I got a call saying the update "failed twice" and they they needed it overnight to try again in the morning. Apparently its now halfway in and hopefully Ill be able to pick it up in a few hours...
Just got back from the dealer. Apparently the 3rd time (and second day) they tried it, it went through. Truck is acting normal as far as I can tell.

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Took mine in for the bed camera and they pushed this update as well as the frunk module. I'm now afflicted with the tiny 360 view :(
Do you have to have FDRS access to fix it or can it be done with just Forscan?

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Took mine in for the bed camera and they pushed this update as well as the frunk module. I'm now afflicted with the tiny 360 view :(
Do you have to have FDRS access to fix it or can it be done with just Forscan?
I think @rugedraw figured out the FORScan way here. Start here and let us know if it works:
https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...programming-guide-using-fdrs.8249/post-412933

I had mobile tech out today to do this. When he was done it was showing the tiny screen. I pulled out the sheet that shows the fix. He applied it and back to normal.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
I think @rugedraw figured out the FORScan way here. Start here and let us know if it works:
https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...programming-guide-using-fdrs.8249/post-412933

I had mobile tech out today to do this. When he was done it was showing the tiny screen. I pulled out the sheet that shows the fix. He applied it and back to normal.
@Zprime29 As mentioned above, it can be fixed with either, but obviously no point in rewarding Ford with $50 to fix their boo-boo when you can take the black market route and FORScan it back.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score