Sponsored

is co-pilot 360 active and blue Cruise the same except for the eyeball monitoring

OP
OP

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
Co-pilot 360 isn’t in the manual, I think they just call that lane centering now. From my limited experience, lane centering and bluecruise are very similar other than one is hands free.

I haven’t been overly impressed with bluecruise. I’ve never got more than about 5 miles without it kicking out and going back to lane keep assist. I had lane keep assist on two Acura’s and it was much more forgiving. It‘s like Fords is too good, and because it needs so little input from the driver it thinks youre hands aren’t on the wheel and nags you. To avoid the “put your hands on the wheel” alert I feel like I have to constantly fight the assist.
when you kick it back to Lane keep assist does the truck do the same things and just require you to keep your hand on the wheel? or does its capabilities change
Sponsored

Ragman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightnings - SR XLT, ER XLT, ER Lariat - 2024
Major difference is between lane keeping on XLT vs lariat - XLT has no cameras so no eyes on road nagging - much nicer driving the XLT on highway using lane keeping then driving Lariat.

None of our roads are BC mapped here so lane keeping assist is best we have. Though your arm gets sore keeping enough pressure on wheel that the hands on wheel nag is happy.

Firn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro ER
I guess this is as good of a place as any.

Bluecruise will change speed based upon the speed limit signs. Will modes OTHER than hands free do the same?

Will bluecruise bring the vehicle to a stop at a light or stop sign? I don't believe any other mode will do so.

BC 1.3 is supposed to bring lane changes, will any other mode allow this?

sfringer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER

Bluecruise will change speed based upon the speed limit signs. Will modes OTHER than hands free do the same?

Will bluecruise bring the vehicle to a stop at a light or stop sign? I don't believe any other mode will do so.

BlueCruise does not need to track speed limit signs, that can be disabled. (One of the first things I disabled as it's quite untrustable in my short experience)

BlueCruise won't work on roads with stoplights/signs - it's strictly for highway driving. So it will not stop for those traffic controls.

Adaptive Cruise Control can be used on non-highway driving, and it will slow to a stop if a vehicle in front of you has stopped at a red light in my experiences.

Sponsored

Awj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning

Yes, any trim with adaptive cruise control can automatically adjust the speed based upon speed limit signs. But you should turn it off because it sucks and is really untrustworthy.

No version of autonomous driving in any Ford has this feature. They are all meant for highway driving only, which typically don't have stop signs or lights. The only time the system would bring you to a stop at a light or stop sign is if there is someone else stopped in front of you, which is a function of the adaptive cruise control.

BlueCruise 1.2 allows hands-free lane changes. All other modes require having your hands on the wheel and therefore don't allow hands-free lane changes.

Firn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro ER
Yes, any trim with adaptive cruise control can automatically adjust the speed based upon speed limit signs. But you should turn it off because it sucks and is really untrustworthy.

No version of autonomous driving in any Ford has this feature. They are all meant for highway driving only, which typically don't have stop signs or lights. The only time the system would bring you to a stop at a light or stop sign is if there is someone else stopped in front of you, which is a function of the adaptive cruise control.

BlueCruise 1.2 allows hands-free lane changes. All other modes require having your hands on the wheel and therefore don't allow hands-free lane changes.
Thanks much

As for the last point, I was thinking of Lane Centering and if it would perform a lane change without "manual" effort.

I am working to purchase a company truck and BC enabled is a requirement for the driver state monitoring system. However, employees will be directed they cannot be "hands free" even if available.

Eih, I'm starting to even lose where I was going with that question...nevermind...thanks for the info
Sponsored