Sponsored

Ford Resumes Shipping Fast Charging Adapters (Sept. 2024 batch)

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Self Employed
If you have a GM EV, you will be able to get one.
The fact that Tesla is making them available to GM customers seems like a lot of typical Tesla BS to me. Ford was the first to make a deal with Tesla for Supercharger usage. One would have expected them to have completed the Ford customer adapter roll outs first and then move to who was next (Rivian I think??) Does not matter that its free to Ford customers (I'm sure Ford is paying Tesla.) It just seems like a real gong show roll out.

If Ford is listening here; Don't you have some leverage with Tesla (regarding the first automaker to sign on with them????
Some response from Ford to this question would be nice!!!!

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Does not matter that its free to Ford customers (I'm sure Ford is paying Tesla.)
Hmmmmmm, might be a credits & collections issue between T & F, the AP/AR clerks are in a pissin contest, so they sit on the loading dock waiting for a certified check.

Reactions: GDN

Rlevans

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat F-150 Lightning
Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Resumes Shipping Fast Charging Adapters (Sept. 2024 batch) IMG_3209

Guess they gave up estimating when mine would ship. Was originally August, pushed to September.
Now next year…

Glad I bought an A2Z in May rather than waiting.

mrau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat⚡ER, VW ID4
These January 2025 ship dates just don’t seem right. Must be another Ford glitch.
Tesla is producing 8,000 a week. Surely Ford is getting a good share of those.

Hopefully better news is around the corner.

Sponsored

Mach Turtle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E, 2024 XLT
Occupation
Bum
Order 90139xxx (ordered 9/1/2024) status says it's expected by November 2024. Maybe I'm later in line to have my date moved back to 2025? I don't mind the bugs; we're still getting more than we pay for (in the adapter, that is). Better working adapters than working status pages....

I do feel sorry for our Canadian friends and people who need Supercharger access more than some of us do. Hope you folks get your adapters soon.