• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning / EV calculator

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
Bigger, longer sliders and fonts?
Sponsored

OP
OP
invertedspear

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
I can probably do some work towards scaling it to fit your screen, but I'm aiming for use on phones and some are pretty small, so I went small. I use an iPhone 11, so I just zoom in a bit and can work it a lot better. But I'll look into auto scaling to your view.

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
OP
OP
invertedspear

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
I did the same concept with a spreadsheet so I can to the same thing. Like the sliders!!
I started off with a google sheet, but I wasn't happy with the clunky edit process when on mobile. Thus putting my old-school JS skill to use. I figure we all have our cell phone on us, and because it's all client side once the page loads, it's easy to use when road tripping even at those stops in the middle of nowhere.

Sponsored
OP
OP
invertedspear

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Here is what it looks like in a Pixel 6a using the Brave browser.
Made it more scalable for bigger screens so it has a small minimal size, but will expand to fit up to 3x the size which should cover most phones. It fits perfectly on my iPhone 11, so as long as your phone has a similar aspect ratio, it should look great for you too.

OK, so still on the books: make it prettier, and I want to also add a "degrade rating" so you can add an estimate of what age and cold are doing to your battery. Maybe it'll be time to use a cookie to store the degrade and battery percent, but people freak out about cookies, so I'm not sure.

Also, shout out to the dude in Norway that checked it out:
Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning / EV calculator 1707961457698

mefly2

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat ER / KO2s max tow ; 22 F350, 23 C8 Vette
Occupation
Retired CSc/Math teacher. LEO

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Looks great on my phone (iPhone 12 mini). One really minor nitpick. It seems that Ford and others display mi/kWh instead of the m/kWh like you show. I realize that miles is abbreviated "m" in mph and mpg but "m" typically means meters. So might consider following the same nomenclature that Ford displays on our screens (right or wrong). Great work!

Sponsored

waine150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L E-Raptor
Also would like to suggest a drop down option to input the efficiency number from the truck in metric.

KWh/100km and also KWh/km as both can be displayed in the truck.

DTE could then be showed in kilometers but the truck displays both km/h and mph at the same time on the dash speedometer (don't know how to make it show km only) so maybe you could set the app to output both km/h and mph at the same time.

Love the app by the way.

Thanks.

Made it more scalable for bigger screens so it has a small minimal size, but will expand to fit up to 3x the size which should cover most phones. It fits perfectly on my iPhone 11, so as long as your phone has a similar aspect ratio, it should look great for you too.

OK, so still on the books: make it prettier, and I want to also add a "degrade rating" so you can add an estimate of what age and cold are doing to your battery. Maybe it'll be time to use a cookie to store the degrade and battery percent, but people freak out about cookies, so I'm not sure.

Also, shout out to the dude in Norway that checked it out:
1707961457698.png

OP
OP
invertedspear

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Also would like to suggest a drop down option to input the efficiency number from the truck in metric.

KWh/100km and also KWh/km as both can be displayed in the truck.

DTE could then be showed in kilometers but the truck displays both km/h and mph at the same time on the dash speedometer (don't know how to make it show km only) so maybe you could set the app to output both km/h and mph at the same time.

Love the app by the way.

Thanks.
The unit label doesn't really matter, so for now, just input the km/kWh then the DTE would be in km. But I think the hard stop at 5 might be a problem if you're getting good efficiency. So I think I'll bump that up to 10 and add a metric display option that will change the lables.

I've only seen the truck display efficiency in miles(or km)/kWh, can you show me where or take a pic of it displaying in other formats? I've heard that Tesla shows Wh/mile(or km) so maybe that method of inputting your current efficiency would be useful for people using this for their Teslas.

OP
OP
invertedspear

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
I cleaned up some of the JavaScript to make it easier to add some things. Added a switch between Imperial and Metric and increased the range allowed for efficiency to go up to 10 to support more efficient EVs and metric measurements. Going to add a switch to enter efficiency to kWh/100km(or mi) for people that want that.

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
Wonder if the inclusion of a Temperature field would be helpful for adding a neg factor of 10-20%. ?

Below a given value reduce the range calculation. Within a given range no effect. Above a given value reduce the range calculation.

I don’t know exactly what those numbers should be, but I think they affect the actual range enough so that they should considered.

.02$ worth. 😊

OP
OP
invertedspear

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Wonder if the inclusion of a Temperature field would be helpful for adding a neg factor of 10-20%. ?

Below a given value reduce the range calculation. Within a given range no effect. Above a given value reduce the range calculation.

I don’t know exactly what those numbers should be, but I think they affect the actual range enough so that they should considered.

.02$ worth. 😊
I do intend to add a "degradation" slider so that people can set their own level of degradation be it overall battery SOH, expected temps, or module failures. One thing I never liked about ABRP was that it want's to do all this for you, based on current conditions, when I want to plan a summer trip in winter, it's kind of a pain. Before I do this, though, I want to add some basic cookie storage so capacity and degradation can be stored without relying on bookmarking them.
Sponsored