First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I think most importantly you guys should be sharing your battery condition! Mine is at 98.5% with 17k miles.
If you high-mileage folks know your HVB SoH ~every 10K miles, it would be interesting to know how it declined vs. miles driven. Most BATTERY CAPACITY vs. MILES DRIVEN graphs I've seen for EVs show a slightly faster initial drop, then a more gradual loss of capacity. Here's an April 2023 article from InsideEVs showing the latest data then (Tesla's 2022 Impact Report) for the Tesla models S/X. That's NCA lithium-ion chemistry but, IIRC, ~the same holds for NCM chemistry.
Ford F-150 Lightning “High” Mileage Lightnings…LETS SEE EM! 1706754267357

Source: Tesla: Battery Capacity Degradation Averages 12% After 200,000 Miles (insideevs.com)

P.S. For any of you thinking about the Standard Deviation depicted in the graph, don't take that as the standard deviation for placement of the remaining battery capacity of individual vehicles on the graph. That's probably the standard deviation of the mean battery capacity retained plotted on the graph for each plotted value of MILES DRIVEN. Usually, standard deviation of the mean is referred to as STANDARD ERROR. If s is the standard deviation for individual vehicle data, the standard error is s / sqrt(N), where N is the sample size used to determine the mean at any point. So, if the battery capacity of several hundred thousand vehicles were used to determine the mean points plotted in the graph, the standard deviation for individual vehicles might be significantly larger. Graphs I've seen where individual vehicle data points have been plotted around a "best fit" curve, such as shown in the above graph, usually have significantly more scatter in the remaining battery capacity for individual vehicles for any amount of miles driven.

The original source doesn't offer any details on how the graph was created and what "standard deviation" means: https://www.tesla.com/ns_videos/2022-tesla-impact-report.pdf#page=39 Actually, the source explains the steeper initial drop by saying the data for that is probably from vehicles that have been little driven and the decline you're seeing is simply from increasing age amongst ~sitting still vehicles. The authors suggest the slope further along the graph with increasing miles driven better reflects the effect of extensive driving (combined with age) on remaining battery capacity.

And it's marketing material! 😀
Sponsored

Last edited:

Alexsouthcleveland

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 lightning Lariat ER
I’m at 37K car scanner app says 99.5% state of health but idk how accurate that is. Charged to 100% today because I needed it and car scanner said 128kwh usable. Again that is likely not super accurate. But overall think the battery isn’t something we need to worry so much about. I generally keep between the 80-20 but now I’m going to have one day a week at work driving 250+ miles so I’ll have to do a 100% every week.

Btw 95% of my charging is at home have taken two or 3 500+ mile roadtrips but we’re gonna take my wife’s gas car from here out. It’s actually cheaper to road trip and less stressful.

I just bought a set of extra wheels and tires but my OE tires have probably 5-10k left in them So they lasted for me about 45k miles which is about average on a vehicle for me. Truck is holding up super well excellently built truck. At this rate I’ll have about 150k on the truck by the time it’s payed off so hope it continues well!

Ford F-150 Lightning “High” Mileage Lightnings…LETS SEE EM! IMG_0157

Last edited:

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
]
I think most importantly you guys should be sharing your battery condition! Mine is at 98.5% with 17k miles.
I will check again in the morning but when I last checked in October and probably around 45k miles it was 99%

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

Refactoringdr

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 2023 Lightning Platinum (ER)
36K (miles) in 1 Year. No problems other than CSP.

vacasity

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning 2022 XLT
Damn, and I thought I was high mileage.
only issue I had was had a battery module go out. Dealer took a month to replace but back great as ever.
And I’m jealous of all you ER folks.

Ford F-150 Lightning “High” Mileage Lightnings…LETS SEE EM! IMG_2969

Sponsored

Pipefitter

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2024 Mach E Prem..
Occupation
Retired
Where did you find the 98.5% status?

Pipefitter

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2024 Mach E Prem..
Occupation
Retired
Over 30K since June 1st 2022. I've not had any issues except the recalls and even then I had no symptoms . Luck of the Irish I guess.

Ford F-150 Lightning “High” Mileage Lightnings…LETS SEE EM! 1706992847633

Last edited by a moderator:

Beaux

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 Platinum, 2021 F150 Limited
40k here. Battery module replaced at 33k. I have had issues with it not charging at the same rates as before the module replacement which Ford is still working on trying to correct. We shall see.

Eastbaylightning

First Name
Antz Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Encouraging to see high mileage folks here. I almost hit 20K with exactly 1 year driving. Please share any major issues (hope nothing). I am still debating to get the extended warranty for like 8 years/125K. especially I am in CA, cannot get through Granger. Should I spend $3-4K ext warranty to cover all the electronics, electric systems, etc.?

bosox8

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Iced Blue Silver Lariat ER, 2nd Wave
Occupation
Sales
39,241 - battery module replacement - no other issues - have completed all but most recent recall
Sponsored

Last edited: