• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 8/15/22 Lightning Build Week Group

Lightning.Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna x 2
I think at this point I may just cancel this order and wait a few more years when they are available at dealers without ordering.
I'm seriously considering the same.

If Ford cannot even deliver them, what is service going to be like? Why is Ford so incompetent that they don't even know where our trucks are? Or if there is indeed something wrong with them?

For free shipping from Amazon (or most retail stores) I know where my package is at least daily.

With Ford for $1,695 I know nothing. Absolutely nothing, for months!

Very unhappy. :mad:
Sponsored

badger_7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat / 2021 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Network Engineer
Just sat through 30 mins of hold with the customer support number to find out my truck is in “Stop ship” status. She admitted to almost never seeing that status, so, while she was helpful, she wasn’t able to elaborate. Anyone know what that status might mean?

Lozza

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
20 Ram 1500 Diesel, 22 Telsa P3D, 22 Jeep GCL
Delivered today! Picking up tomorrow.
Amazing news for you... By the trend that you've been tracking with your delivery, I didn't imagine you'd have the good fortune of leapfrogging us!

Seems like my truck made it to Richmond, CA today, so only 45 miles from the dealer now... Hoping it's not long from now. My ETA window still shows 10/10-10/16 🤷🏼‍♂️

Last edited:
OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

Sponsored

beerhoffman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SR built
Occupation
Accountant
Welp... here we go again. Bumped, now 10/27 to 11/2.
Lots of people seem to be in this boat on 08/08 week and 08/15 week. @georgepearkes and my trucks seem to be on the same rail car.

@Ford Motor Company customer service is no help.

Dealers say that they have no information.

Interest rates going up, trade-in values going down. And our trucks sitting in rail yards.

badger_7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat / 2021 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Network Engineer
Honestly, @Ford Motor Company could pop us back in line for a quick build and we could have had trucks before our current ones ever reach us... So far, since my truck got to the rail head within 20 miles of my dealer, they could have built/shipped one to my dealer, then once it was confirmed to have arrived, built/shipped another, and I could have had that second one by now x_x

Edit: Aaaaaaand it happened. Pushed to 30 Oct -05 Nov for delivery. That's pretty close to the original 14-20 September, right? #goodenough

Last edited:

Sdgolfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Zr2
Honestly, @Ford Motor Company could pop us back in line for a quick build and we could have had trucks before our current ones ever reach us... So far, since my truck got to the rail head within 20 miles of my dealer, they could have built/shipped one to my dealer, then once it was confirmed to have arrived, built/shipped another, and I could have had that second one by now x_x
chevy built and delivered a truck to me in 3 weeks from the production week. We are 9 weeks from production. It’s even worse if you look at order to delivery.

In fords defense it’s a brand new product vs a very mature production line. But logistics are logistics and when comparing shipped to delivery, GM really won this round.

Last edited:

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
I spoke with @Ford Motor Company phone support today. Still same story, your truck was last seen in mid September in Markham Yard, IL but that it was not on any sort of hold that he saw.

Me: "I dont care where my truck was, I care where it is and when it will get here".
Phone agent: "No one here can provide you any more Information that what I have"
Me: "So no human being at Ford or with my dealer actually knows where my truck is right now?"
Phone agent: "No one here can provide you any more Information that what I have"

Really!?!? This is the S*** sandwich that Ford is feeding their customers?

Sponsored

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
I spoke with @Ford Motor Company phone support today. Still same story, your truck was last seen in mid September in Markham Yard, IL but that it was not on any sort of hold that he saw.

Me: "I dont care where my car was, I care where it is and when it will get here".
Me: "So no human being at Ford or with my dealer actually knows where my truck is right now?"

Yeah I got the same response. Kind sucks.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Deviations from the Probe & Response guide could get the employee canned.......

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
Deviations from the Probe & Response guide could get the employee canned.......
I am not mad at the employee. I am mad at Ford thinking it is acceptable to treat the customer like they are idiots.

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
I finally got hold of sales manager. He said they cannot do a thing. It's all up to the local logistics company. Plausible deniability I guess.

beerhoffman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SR built
Occupation
Accountant

Me: "I dont care where my truck was, I care where it is and when it will get here".

We're brothers from another mother. That was verbatim what I said to them on the phone.

They hold the company line very well.

My delar is saying he gets the same answer when he asks.

@Ford Motor Company could easily do better. They jump into these forums to say "congrats, glad you're enjoying your truck". But they're not helpful at all with the folks who just would like clarification on the stop-ships. All the while the new Lightning is weathered in the rail yard, interest rates go up, and trade values go down.
Sponsored