• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

😡Second owners won't get free NACS adapter if first owner requested it already and it hasn't shipped😡

transmutated

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning XLT
I'm almost ready to riot. So I just scooped up my truck a few weeks ago. I requested the adapter and found that it had already been requested back in March of this year by the first owner but not fulfilled and currently scheduled for a delivery in September. Well, I decided to call the number on the status page to confirm that ford had my address to ship the adapter. Well...come to find IT WILL ONLY BE SHIPPED TO THE ORIGINAL REQUESTER, NOT THE CURRENT OWNER. I don't know why that bothers me so much, but it really does. It's listed under my ford account, yet I won't be the recipient. The customer support rep said he was powerless and I requested he escalate the case. I also requested the customer relations number which I'll be calling today. But this is really wild. The part hasn't shipped and the VIN is associated with my account as the owner of the ride...but someone rando at this point who has no legal attachment to the truck is receiving MY part. Someone needs to talk me off the ledge.

Since the confirmation shows up under my account and anyone else who bought a used truck where the previous owner requested the part, they will be REALLY disappointed to find out they will not be receiving the part.

I encourage all used owners to call Ford who are in the same position to request an escalation on the topic by calling this number which is available on your reservation page but pasted here for convenience:

If you have any questions, please contact the accessories team at 844-589-0060, 8:30 am - 5:30 pm Eastern, Monday - Friday.
I also encourage you to call the ford customer relations number here:

800-392-3673
👏 R 👏 I 👏 O 👏 T 👏
Sponsored

OP
OP
transmutated

transmutated

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IF the adapter had already been shipped for the VIN, I wouldn't be bent if it wasn't in the truck when I purchased it. I was already missing a fob and they didn't include the charger even though this is the extended range. All fine. I'm not bent. I'm just angry that it hasn't shipped yet and Ford won't redirect it to the lawful owner of the vehicle instead of who is now effectively a third party with no attachment to the vehicle.

OP
OP
transmutated

transmutated

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Customer relations has said that Ford is planning on making the adapter available for sale on their website soon apparently and they'll conveniently email me when that happens.

I've been told that the adapter is available only to the original purchaser and there was a cutoff date to even request it which was 8/1. I've requested a copy of the document referencing that condition and will post here for anyone who is interested in it.

I'll tell myself that it's a $200 adapter from third parties to make myself feel better about it...but oof, what an absolute fumble.

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
My guess is contract law is the reason why it's being shipped to the person who signed up for it. There was a contract between Ford and the first owner that said the adapter would be sent to the first owner. The terms of the contract were essentially, party who owns truck on the date the contract was written gets an adapter. Ford can't change the tems after the fact which means if they wanted you to have an adapter they'd have to send a second one. If they hadn't lost $2.5 billion on EVs this year they might have sent you the adapter.

In my experience, Ford customer service is awful. $250 for an adapter is worth not dealing with them.

OP
OP
transmutated

transmutated

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You are very likely right and that’s what customer relations said concerning it going to first owner. I’m already moving past it, begrudgingly.

I had already ordered a third party from A2Zev a week ago because the delay is long for the official adapter. If anything, I ordered when they said it was shipping in 7-10 days where as now it says something like a month 😅

Sponsored

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
no legal attachment to the truck is receiving MY part.
Yet you have no Legal right to the adapter as Ford has been very clear from the get go it goes to the original purchaser.

So in reality you are invading their privacy by tracking THEIR part.😉😳

In reality though, if you just bought the truck second had, do you really want to wait until 2026 for the adapter to arrive if you register today? There are third party ones that lots of members on here suggest and use daily.

OP
OP
transmutated

transmutated

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford has been very clear from the get go it goes to the original purchaser.
yeah, not sure where ford was being clear about this at? On the request page it doesn’t reference that and it also isn’t referenced on the order status page. I also think second owner can get it if it hasn’t been requested. Maybe it was in some initial communication strategy that I wasn’t around to catch? Regardless, it’s a surprise to the lay and I’m sure I’m not the last.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Setting aside the potential of the legal mumbo-jumbo....

It would take a policy analysts, with blessing from LEGAL to write a revised policy that un-dispatched orders where fulfillment is keyed to the legal owner of the VIN at moment of dispact should get the part, but then we have pearl clutching lawyers involved so heavens knows that pragmatic solutions be damned.

Another 60 minutes for a developer to adjust the order fulfilment scheme allowing the part to go where it should go.

But, that's the pragmatist in me thinking outside the box raging against stale bureaucracies.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Have you tried locating the former owner and asking if they would be willing to forward the adapter to you?

Sponsored

Lpotter86

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 ER
End of the day, we’ve bought $60-70k trucks and everyone is loosing sleep over a $175-200 adapter. Everyone keeps raising a stink like it’s gonna help. I got the A2Z and when I get the Ford adapter I’ll just have a spare.
Deep breaths everyone. It’s just not that big of a deal.

rikster63

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Chevy Silverado, 2022 Tesla Model S
Occupation
Real Estate Sales
I'm still waiting for my adapter, but have little hope to see it any time in 2024. I just bought my Lightning at the end of May, and my adapter is showing an estimated delivery of October, but as backed up as things are that will surely slip.

I agree that getting really upset over a $200 adapter on the purchase of a $60k truck seems a bit weird.

I'm probably going to just order the A2Z version now, and then sell it when my actual Ford adapter arrives. Seems like the used cost of an A2Z will be over $100 easily, so the true cost to get one now is probably like $115 when you take into account the ability to sell it later when the Ford adapter arrives (eventually)...

OP
OP
transmutated

transmutated

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Alright friends. I get it. You don’t think this should even be a talking point due to the perceived triviality of it and that’s fine. This wasn’t clear to me that I wasn’t entitled to the adapter and it wasn’t until I called ford that I learned this is a first owners benefit, not current owners benefit…unless perhaps it wasn’t requested yet. I don’t think being disappointed that someone else is getting a benefit from something you currently own is that out of place, but I digress.

For anyone who stumbles on this post in the future who is a second owner looking at the NACS adapter status linked to your ford account, bummer town for you if you thought this was shipping to you. It’s not and will go to whomever requested it originally.

It’s unfortunate that adapter status is referenced solely by VIN instead of by a Ford account that was able to request it. That made it pretty easy to assume it was instead linked to the vehicle which is where the disappointment is rooted.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
What's really sad is that folks think it is OK for the principle of fairness to be ignored.

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
What's really sad is that folks think it is OK for the principle of fairness to be ignored.
What would be fair is for Ford to send two adapters, one to the person they have a contract with and one to the new owner. Given the current state of Ford's EV balance sheet I bet Jim Farley wishes he'd never promised a single adapter to anyone.
Sponsored