✅ 5/23 Lightning Build Week Group

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
My truck reached the destination rail yard, now we see how long it takes to get it on a truck…

My dealer only has 3 vehicles pending pickup. Add one Lightning on there and it will be a perfect truckload. 😄
Sponsored

Last edited:

dirtdiver

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Superduty F350, F150L 2022 Larait, Volt, R1200GS
Occupation
Engineer
@TaxmanHog

Got a email saying my delivery date is no longer 7/26. Now 8/12. This morning I got an email saying my truck has shipped. I can see it has moved from the rail yard inside Ford to near Flatrock Michigan. So, at least some 50 mile movement all of a sudden.

steve

Cape Breton Lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT Standard Range Atltimatter Blue
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Cape Breton Lightning

Remember reading where some have got early deliveries and were excited...since US STRAGGLERS have waited this long and some of us have our delivery dates pushed back...there is no excitement even if delivered before delivery date !!!

bigmicah

First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Remember reading where some have got early deliveries and were excited...since US STRAGGLERS have waited this long and some of us have our delivery dates pushed back...there is no excitement even if delivered before delivery date !!!
Agreed. My excitement has waned greatly as I get pushback after pushback on delivery dates and my ICE F150 continues to drop in value every day.

dirtdiver

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Superduty F350, F150L 2022 Larait, Volt, R1200GS
Occupation
Engineer
Cape Breton Lightning

I agree the pushbacks takes some of the sparkle out of the new truck. Im guessing that once the truck is delivered the bumps in the road will fade over time. The good news is that 95% of the people seem super happy with the truck and the reviews remain quite positive. I think it will be worth it in the end. At least for me.

I wonder from a PR perspective if they considered giving us more insight into the delays? And then decided not to. On one hand more insight to their difficult delivery issues, might calm the waters and build empathy. On the other hand maybe the PR people council that there is too much risk in that. I do R&D for a living as a modest sized program manager. I get issues that could affect delivery often and need to decide what and when to share. My usual thought is that if I can hide the bad news inside my budget and schedule -then i call it "sausage making" and keep it to the inner circle. A slip of months or two in I would try to explain.

steve

Sponsored

BeeLightning

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Impala, Jag SUV, F-150 Lightning on order
Wellllllllllll, my estimated delivery went from next week, to this week, to now next week again... 8/2 - 8/8. Didn't think this week would happen so I'm not surprised. Would have been nice though...

3LCD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Still sitting at the railyard in town since Tuesday. 😐

LightningMcQueenAlbany

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
1659130731915.jpeg

1659130797685.jpeg

1659130881638.jpeg

The Eagle has landed!! Plan to pick it up tonight.
Does that writing on the back window mean the screen was defective?? :unsure:

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired

LightningMcQueenAlbany

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Probably why it took so long for BUILT flag date
That's exactly what I was thinking. I wish Ford would provide these types of updates for the build process. I think it's better knowing there's an issue than being in complete darkness.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
That's exactly what I was thinking. I wish Ford would provide these types of updates for the build process. I think it's better knowing there's an issue than being in complete darkness.
I get wanting to know, but as long as it was fixed at the factory with new parts it shouldn't be a big deal. It could have been that it was cracked as it was put in going down the line, but parts are all lined up for which pickup is next in line, so they have to pull it off the line to replace the screen. That really shouldn't follow the truck or affect the owner or its life.

Now the amount of time to rectify and get it shipped on out is the issue.

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
Wellllllllllll, my estimated delivery went from next week, to this week, to now next week again... 8/2 - 8/8. Didn't think this week would happen so I'm not surprised. Would have been nice though...
Same estimate for me just updated. I’ll get mine later than you, since mine has to go up highway 50 to Nevada.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
I get wanting to know, but as long as it was fixed at the factory with new parts it shouldn't be a big deal. It could have been that it was cracked as it was put in going down the line, but parts are all lined up for which pickup is next in line, so they have to pull it off the line to replace the screen. That really shouldn't follow the truck or affect the owner or its life.

Now the amount of time to rectify and get it shipped on out is the issue.
Screen works fine. I’m happy. Rides nice - although I have to get used to it’s size and turning characteristics.
Sponsored

Reactions: GDN