• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 5/30 Lightning Build Week Group

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
dealer has been less than helpful, said they don’t have anyone they can elevate to
You can do the Ford Chat or call the 800 number and ask fir the Lightning team. I have found both to be helpful with information to the extent that they reviewed notes and history when they were trying to figure out the hold up on my truck.
Sponsored

Stlww18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro, 6/3 blend date
You can do the Ford Chat or call the 800 number and ask fir the Lightning team. I have found both to be helpful with information to the extent that they reviewed notes and history when they were trying to figure out the hold up on my truck.
Was able to get someone on the phone this AM from Ford Chat who was willing to help. As of sometime Friday, my VVR shows that the truck has been moved "offsite" for either freight hold or parts hold. She said she doesn't see anything to indicate it could be a part hold, so her guess is it's offsite for freight availability.

Order Track shows in production still; neither the US or CA Ford Tracker websites work for me anymore, they just refresh the Vin entry page each time without showing the tracker.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Order Track shows in production still; neither the US or CA Ford Tracker websites work for me anymore, they just refresh the Vin entry page each time without showing the tracker.
I was able to pull your SHOP status on US & CA, both still showing In Production as of 6/15.
Try flushing all cached data on the browser, or use a different device, I have noticed reporting disparity between mobile device browser Chrome/Android) and my laptop browsers (Edge & Chrome Win10)

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I just got to thinking about how these Lightnings are loaded onto rail cars, as many of ours will be, but then it hit me: while it's easy to think that they just load 8, or 16, or 24 of these trucks one-after-the-other onto these rail cars, all of these trucks are not going to the same dealer, or the same state, or maybe even the same REGION... so, there has to be a method to the madness that we are not privy to.
I would think that with Ford having several 'holding lots' for the Lightnings, if not many different lots, that this logistical play is not an easy guess for us to reason about 'which' rail car they get loaded onto, in which order, etc. This is not even considering that Ford is also loading any other ICE vehicle models going to the same dealers, with likely many more of them than of the Lightnings, of course.

For instance, if 12 Lightnings get built, in a row, and land onto the same holding lot, I would doubt that they all get onto the same rail car, since they certainly and likely aren't even going to the same area of the country. So, someone has to 'pick and choose' which Lightnings get onto a rail car, and there has to be some reasoning that the rail car, when full, will be going to the same next rail YARD, to then eventually get hooked up to a train, going in the general direction that they are all going, even if later they stop at another rail yard to decouple and get attached to another train going to a more DIRECT route to their eventual and final rail yard, such as Atlanta.

I can't imagine that any of this is easy, simply, or quick, even though Ford has certainly been doing this for decades, if not over a 1/2 century, or even a FULL century... plus, once the Lightning has officially left one of Ford's holding lots, if they are even owned by Ford, they are then in the hands of the logistics of the Rail and Transport companies - I would doubt that Ford actually has ANYTHING to do with it from that point.
In the photos of the loading areas - that is why the lanes are 8 trucks deep. Some lanes are full and ready for a rail car, some only have a few trucks in them and are likely waiting on more trucks to fill that 8 and then make a full rail car that will then get loaded and sent on its way.

Some of us are luckier to some degree - DFW likely has 30 or more (give or take I didn't count them) Ford dealers around the metro and spanning a 50 to 60 mile radius. WIth that many serviced by a rail yard there is a rail car headed this way a few times a week. Makes it easier than a less populated area that may take a couple of weeks to fill a rail car.

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Scott at the dealership told me last week that the train unloads at Richmond, and from there it takes up to 6 days by truck.
I'm not certain it's Richmond. BNSF has a Richmond station, but UP is at Benicia. Either way, hopefully the trucks are sitting somewhere in the Bay Area for quick transport to us (technically closer :p )

I checked United Road and my VIN doesn't show up yet: https://www.unitedroad.com/delivery-receipt

The few other F150Ls I've checked that where @ Folsom Lake have shown up there.

I pinged Scott that my railcar was unloaded and we'll see what he says.

Edit: It's in Vegas :(.... Someone else had their NorCal truck land there as well.

Last edited:

Sponsored

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
I wonder if the Rail embargo out to California has some unintended consequences for those of us that may be along a route. E.G. mine needs to be delivered to Oklahoma City.
Mine is sitting in a parking lot in Dearborn and has a status of released so it must be waiting on a railcar

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
My truck is currently waiting in Richmond, does anyone know if its up to the dealership to get it to their dealership? According to my dealer, they have no other vehicles waiting for them other than my truck. Hoping they just throw a bunch of vehicles on a car loader and deliver them where needed.

Did you're dealer say it's in Richmond... Or is that a guess?

Every other NorCal delivery is currently in Las Vegas (and unloaded). I have to assume you are too...

But, I do see that your Vin is registered w/ UnitedRoad for potiential delivery.

vacasity

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning 2022 XLT
Did you're dealer say it's in Richmond... Or is that a guess?

Every other NorCal delivery is currently in Las Vegas (and unloaded). I have to assume you are too...

But, I do see that your Vin is registered w/ UnitedRoad for potiential delivery.
The conversation I had with the dealer was that his last vehicle came from Richmond and that's where they were waiting for it to be at. He had checked a day prioir and it was currently in Las Vegas. When I called looking for the railcar it was unloaded at Richmond and its next stop was Nogales on 7/25.

At this point it was a guess, nothing super concrete.
That's awesome that it has a potential delivery with United Road.

I don't know how to use United Road for tracking, but it has the following under delivery reciepts.

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 5/30 Lightning Build Week Group 1658780630224

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
The conversation I had with the dealer was that his last vehicle came from Richmond and that's where they were waiting for it to be at. He had checked a day prioir and it was currently in Las Vegas. When I called looking for the railcar it was unloaded at Richmond and its next stop was Nogales on 7/25.
I would assume if you asked your Dealer Today, he would say your truck is in Las Vegas like all other NorCal'ers.

My dealer kept saying the same thing that it would be in Richmond... But, UP doesn't go to Richmond, it goes to Benicia (for NorCal deliveries) Only BNSF stops off in Richmond (which is currently embargoed). I think they were just running off of previous expectations based on getting trucks delivered from BNSF.

vacasity

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning 2022 XLT
I would assume if you asked your Dealer Today, he would say your truck is in Las Vegas like all other NorCal'ers.

My dealer kept saying the same thing that it would be in Richmond... But, UP doesn't go to Richmond, it goes to Benicia (for NorCal deliveries) Only BNSF stops off in Richmond (which is currently embargoed). I think they were just running off of previous expectations based on getting trucks delivered from BNSF.
Makes sense. Either way, Las Vegas or Richmond we are just a day out as long as it gets on a truck. Does United Road update their tracking?

Sponsored

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Makes sense. Either way, Las Vegas or Richmond we are just a day out as long as it gets on a truck. Does United Road update their tracking?
That tracking will stay the same if it ever gets delivered from them. It may not be 100% accurate that you are scheduled, but it should give you some hope ;)

I'm just hoping we don't get abandoned in Las Vegas for a while like some other trucks across the country have been waiting for rides to their dealer... ANd, this is a much farther delivery zone than most trucks take when they get off the rail.

My rate expires August 23rd... so, would love it before than at the very least... Might be over worrying, but it seems like every other day something complicates the delivery :)

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

LightningJoe

First Name
Giuseppe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lightning XLT | 2018 Tesla Model 3
That tracking will stay the same if it ever gets delivered from them. It may not be 100% accurate that you are scheduled, but it should give you some hope ;)

I'm just hoping we don't get abandoned in Las Vegas for a while like some other trucks across the country have been waiting for rides to their dealer... ANd, this is a much farther delivery zone than most trucks take when they get off the rail.

My rate expires August 23rd... so, would love it before than at the very least... Might be over worrying, but it seems like every other day something complicates the delivery :)
Same boat here. Tracked mine and I got the same Vegas/Nogales message and tracking.

Until this morning, I thought my truck was coming via convoy until I chatted with Ford and got a rail number and tracking.

Praying for a delivery in the next day or two to be able to take it on a Tahoe trip this weekend!

bryan995

First Name
François
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Looks like there are just 5 of us remaining that show as built, but are not yet shipped :/

Not seeing any sort of theme to it. And I see many people with later build dates with a shipped status, even to CA. Must just be unlucky in some way :/

Will try to chat with ford tomorrow.

Also trying to secure financing and the lock is running out. 1.74%!
Sponsored