• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

11 Weeks At Dealership With No ETA For Part Arrival - Frunk Failure

LikeYouStoleIt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150 STX 2022 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Engineering
I know first year fit and finish issues like the lightbar and even the frunk should be expected with first model year vehicles. Looking at the threads here on the forum it seems like the frunk malfunction has been a fairly regular occurrence.

My truck has been at the dealership for going on 12weeks after the frunk malfunctioned and was stuck partially open. At first, it seemed like it was going ot be a short stop, but unfortunately we received a wrong part, and now there has been no update in 2 months on when the right part will arrive. I haven't been able to reach my customer service rep (no answers to texts or voicemail in 2 weeks). I was told by a different rep that they could not provide any details on my case, and when I asked for a supervisor I was told I'd be called back in a few hours...it's been 3 days.

Just wanted to voice my displeasure with how this has been handled. I am out of pocket a couple of thousand dollas in rental fees (FORD says they will not reimburse until after the repair is completed but isn't able to tell me when that will be). I am putting gas in the rental car (on the upside I realize that I really am saving around 300 a month in gas when I drive the Lightning) , and I'm making payments on a one year old truck I can't drive. Meanwhile it sure seems like FORD are delivering new lightnings daily while my truck has been sitting around in the cold for what will almost certainly be three months by the time this is over.

EDIT: The truck has been at the dealership for 11 weeks... went in on 9/28.
Sponsored

Last edited:

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Your car payments should be reimbursed by Ford, as well as the gas bill. Do you have a case number with the BEV group? Have the parts been ordered via COPIS?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I was told by a different rep that they could not provide any details on my case, and when I asked for a supervisor I was told I'd be called back in a few hours...it's been 3 days.
This is absolutely unacceptable, high tail it into the dealer ship or it's corporate offices demand to talk to the owner / GM

@Ford Motor Company Model E needs to work and dealers like this need to lose franchises!

OP
OP
LikeYouStoleIt

LikeYouStoleIt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Your car payments should be reimbursed by Ford, as well as the gas bill. Do you have a case number with the BEV group? Have the parts been ordered via COPIS?
Yes I have a case number, and yes there is a parts order in COPIS, I've been told it's escalated but there is no update/ETA for parts from their supplier.

OP
OP
LikeYouStoleIt

LikeYouStoleIt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
This is absolutely unacceptable, high tail it into the dealer ship or it's corporate offices demand to talk to the owner / GM

@Ford Motor Company Model E needs to work and dealers like this need to lose franchises!
The dealership has also had a hard time reaching the case representative at FORD.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
The dealership has also had a hard time reaching the case representative at FORD.
Do you do twitter [X] ping Jim Farley

BTW

The TAG I put above will ring in a Ford CSR shortly, maybe DM with them or on FORD.COM for specific readouts of what is going on in your case number!

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I've been told it's escalated but there is no update/ETA for parts from their supplier.
How the hell are they building brand new trucks, come on FORD set aside some repair parts would you!!!!!

OP
OP
LikeYouStoleIt

LikeYouStoleIt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
How the hell are they building brand new trucks, come on FORD set aside some repair parts would you!!!!!
They're likely on shutdown now for the rest of the year, but they definitley were delivering trucks the entire time mine has been in the shop.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
They're likely on shutdown now for the rest of the year, but they definitely were delivering trucks the entire time mine has been in the shop.
MY24 first builds are supposed to kick off Monday the 18th, they will possibly pause Christmas week then resume after new years day.

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
I know first year fit and finish issues like the lightbar and even the frunk should be expected with first model year vehicles. Looking at the threads here on the forum it seems like the frunk malfunction has been a fairly regular occurrence.

My truck has been at the dealership for going on 12weeks after the frunk malfunctioned and was stuck partially open. At first, it seemed like it was going ot be a short stop, but unfortunately we received a wrong part, and now there has been no update in 2 months on when the right part will arrive. I haven't been able to reach my customer service rep (no answers to texts or voicemail in 2 weeks). I was told by a different rep that they could not provide any details on my case, and when I asked for a supervisor I was told I'd be called back in a few hours...it's been 3 days.

Just wanted to voice my displeasure with how this has been handled. I am out of pocket a couple of thousand dollas in rental fees (FORD says they will not reimburse until after the repair is completed but isn't able to tell me when that will be). I am putting gas in the rental car (on the upside I realize that I really am saving around 300 a month in gas when I drive the Lightning) , and I'm making payments on a one year old truck I can't drive. Meanwhile it sure seems like FORD are delivering new lightnings daily while my truck has been sitting around in the cold for what will almost certainly be three months by the time this is over.

EDIT: The truck has been at the dealership for 11 weeks... went in on 9/28.
Ford was accommodating with me.
i asked nicely and received some help.

fortunately my dealer provides loaners - but not a truck - which as a builder is important.
i didn’t ask for gas as that was more of a hassle for me.

ask nicely.
provide loan payment documentation.

wish I could say my large city service dept was great - bit that wouldn’t be truthful.
its here where we see disconnect between manufacture and franchise owner.

OP
OP
LikeYouStoleIt

LikeYouStoleIt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Asking nicely has not gotten me anywhere for several weeks. I only even asked to speak to a supervisor this week... and have not been given the courtesy of a callback.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I only even asked to speak to a supervisor this week... and have not been given the courtesy of a callback.
This is the part that burns my cookies, not even a placating effort, granted they might not have more information, such the case, start rattling chains, as Pioneer suggests .... with all due respect and calmness ask for guidance on the buy back process.
Sponsored