• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
I joked withy Volvo sales guy about the colors last year. We have a denim blue and onyx black. He said that the colors are for old conservative people. Thunder gray is gray until you put it next to a denim blue with clear blue sky. Then it is also blue. Pebble gray is definitely beige, but a good beige (similar too stone gray). We love our volvos too (two).
My V90 R Design is Crystal White And looks gorgeous, especially under LED lights in my parking garage. The Ford dealer asked me today if I would trade it in as part of the purchase of the Lightning. I told him no, even though I should be able to get $35K for it based upon monthly mailings I get from local Volvo dealers begging me to trade it in on a V90 CC.
Sponsored

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
My V90 R Design is Crystal White And looks gorgeous, especially under LED lights in my parking garage. The Ford dealer asked me today if I would trade it in as part of the purchase of the Lightning. I told him no, even though I should be able to get $35K for it based upon monthly mailings I get from local Volvo dealers begging me to trade it in on a V90 CC.
Not too many v90s in the US. I will trade/sell my Tacoma when I get the lightning and would consider selling the xc90 phev. It's crazy that the 2017 very low mileage Tacoma is worth as much now as it was new and probably around the same as our low mileage 2016 xc90t8 that cost more than twice as much when new. Though if the xc90 was worth less then the decision to keep would be easier.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
I sold my 19 Suburban at the end of January and broke even after including the tags and taxes and dealer processing that I paid when I bought it.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Insider image from Ford's color planning department:

Ford F-150 Lightning 2023 Lightning New Colors: Avalanche Gray and Azure Gray Metallic (*Area 51) 19A2C2B0-7AC0-497F-8E04-389C8552445A

(If you have kids the right age you know)

Sponsored

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
I would like to see the Lightning Pro available in Race Red like the rest of my 140 work truck fleet.

I joked withy Volvo sales guy about the colors last year. We have a denim blue and onyx black. He said that the colors are for old conservative people. Thunder gray is gray until you put it next to a denim blue with clear blue sky. Then it is also blue. Pebble gray is definitely beige, but a good beige (similar too stone gray). We love our volvos too (two).
The only proper color for a Volvo was Rebel Blue found on my 2013 C30 Polestar.

Ford F-150 Lightning 2023 Lightning New Colors: Avalanche Gray and Azure Gray Metallic (*Area 51) BB33E226-88E4-4DF3-B315-FB42CC9ECD4B

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
No offense to the Antimatter Blue owners but that color is almost Black depending on the available lighting. So it's even more depressing that Ford has decided to shelve any sort of brighter Blue. Next thing you know the '24 models will all be in pastel shades. And we'll all think it's 1955 again.

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
No offense to the Antimatter Blue owners but that color is almost Black depending on the available lighting. So it's even more depressing that Ford has decided to shelve any sort of brighter Blue. Next thing you know the '24 models will all be in pastel shades. And we'll all think it's 1955 again.
I was torn between Atlas Blue and AMB, I went for AMB because I didn’t get it on my 2021 Bronco and because my 2020 Raptor was Velocity Blue. I saw an AMB Bronco in full sun yesterday, it looked great. I know the color can look very dark/close to black without any light to make the metallic pop.

In hindsight getting carbonized gray would’ve been a good call on the Pro because of how the dark gray bumpers blend better.

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
It actually has the exact same color code as Cactus Grey. They talked about it on Long MacArthur Ford channel on YouTube.
Ford is notorious for taking colors from other models and renaming them. Lincoln Artesian Blue Metallic is exact same as Atlas blue.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
Ford is notorious for taking colors from other models and renaming them. Lincoln Artesian Blue Metallic is exact same as Atlas blue.
It is indeed, you're absolutely correct. I saw that in FDRS when I looked up my VIN the first time. It shows both Atlas Blue and Artisan Blue

Also, Rapid Red is also known as 'Lucid Red' and 'Red Carpet', which is what shows up when I put the VIN for my Mach-E into FDRS...no mention of Rapid Red at all in FDRS.

I think there's an alternate name for Velocity Blue in FDRS as well but I'd have to look it up.

Looks like I'll have to keep my Atlas Blue truck until Ford comes to their senses and drops Lightning Blue back on us.

You would think that for a halo product that's supposed to be the most powerful F-150 Ford makes, that it would have a more impressive color palette to choose from.

Mike

Sponsored

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
Here are the Ford color palettes from the original lightning years. I like the 1995 choices. As you can see thou, they had many bland colors back then too.

Ford F-150 Lightning 2023 Lightning New Colors: Avalanche Gray and Azure Gray Metallic (*Area 51) 1993-ford-paint-codes-and-color-chart-page-1

Ford F-150 Lightning 2023 Lightning New Colors: Avalanche Gray and Azure Gray Metallic (*Area 51) 1994-ford-paint-codes-and-color-chart-page-4

Ford F-150 Lightning 2023 Lightning New Colors: Avalanche Gray and Azure Gray Metallic (*Area 51) ford-1995-page-003

aquapools

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat and 2018 Ford Lariat
Occupation
Retired
It's hard to believe that they dropped Atlas Blue. There are tons of Atlas Blue Lightnings in the YouTube videos.

Artificial Intelligence

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looking
Antimatter blue is really "almost black", so I would say that Rapid red is the only non grey color. And it is also the same dark red that every other red vehicle on the road has. Guess Ford just wants the Lightning to be boring and have given up making it exciting.
My AB will be here shortly… I don’t mind at all owning an exclusive lightning color now courtesy of Ford

Theo1000

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Etron,Chevy Volt,BMW I3,Mach-E,F150 Lightning
It's hard to believe that they dropped Atlas Blue. There are tons of Atlas Blue Lightnings in the YouTube videos.
Bet has to do with paint shortages not what Ford wants.

Same happened to Mach-E which is now a bunch of greys + one red. Also when they dropped the Infinite blue on Mach-E there was conversation that it was a difficult and expensive color due to the tinted clear coat. The tech discussion went over my head but apparently it was a challenge to source correctly and match and install.

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
Surprised that space white didn't make it. I love that color and it seems pretty appropriate for a Lightning. I guess now I don't feel so bad about not getting it in '22.
Sponsored