First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Not bad specs. Not a fan of the mid gate and small bed, but otherwise seems decent. I am still not sure about Fisker as a company yet though.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Price point seems to be really good considering it's made in Australia ?

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
No interest. Looks like it is wearing highwaters, wheels are too big, frunk looks to be small based on where the panel gaps are and it's insulated so that's less interior space, midgate looks awful and ripe for leaks/failure, no price for bigger battery(?), it's trying to compete with the R1T. While I don't need a truck for the most part, I like that I have a more capable truck should the need arise. I like that there are a million F150 accessories already on market that I can get. And can't overstate how much I like the mega frunk.

I'll wait and see what the Rev and Sierra EV are like once they start producing their more affordable offerings. They'll need to be VERY good to entice me away from the Lightning. I'm rather smitten with it.

Sponsored

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat SR
Not a big fan of the instrument cluster. Seems pretty small unless it comes with a heads up display.

EdRudy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Lightning ER Iced Blue Silver
Occupation
IT
Not a big fan of the instrument cluster. Seems pretty small unless it comes with a heads up display.
What instrument cluster? Why bother... When I was scrolling through the photos I thought the bed was the Frunk.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Looks comparable to what’s in the Mach-E. Way smaller than the Lightning, but it does the job just fine.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Looks comparable to what’s in the Mach-E. Way smaller than the Lightning, but it does the job just fine.
Yup - reminds me exactly of the Mach-e which works pretty well!

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Iconic Silver
I've never understood the midgate concept and I don't think any of these new entrants to the truck market do either. The things that go in my bed I don't want touching my interior.

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I've never understood the midgate concept and I don't think any of these new entrants to the truck market do either. The things that go in my bed I don't want touching my interior.
I can see it having a few use cases, but no where near enough to offset the risk of leaks or the challenges of having it in the winter.

RaptorEV

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
McLaren 12C
Occupation
Secret Agent
I cannot believe anyone will even consider buying a Fisker, after the fiasco that was/is the Fisker Karma.

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
Okay I get that it's a cheap way to increase side impact ratings, but can we please stop making the belt line of new vehicles higher and higher? God, it just looks awful and it's an even worse experience to drive, like driving a bathtub. I get it, you want to make to make the vehicles safer, but damn, find another way 🤮

One of the reasons I like the Lightning is that the cab is essentially just a normal crew-cab F150 and the F150 still has arguably the lowest belt line of all 1/2 ton trucks out there.
Sponsored