• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

A2Z Tesla and Charge Fault

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
It sounds like a lot of these responses are coming directly from A2Z employees trying to cover for a very bad product that is truly garbage. Please stay off these posts with your fake product support. Your offering failed and you need to deploy a recall, which you won’t, and declare failure for your rushed to market offering.
LOL. I think your getting A2z confused with Lectron who actually has product problems.
Sponsored

epicjoeava

First Name
Joseph Avagyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
It sounds like a lot of these responses are coming directly from A2Z employees trying to cover for a very bad product that is truly garbage. Please stay off these posts with your fake product support. Your offering failed and you need to deploy a recall, which you won’t, and declare failure for your rushed to market offering.
What are you talking about?
Man, if you have issues with the adapter you are mostly alone or amongst the very few, the adapter is working fine for me and I have used it more than 50 times. Before coming on social media, get in touch with the company, they even reply on weekends and will sort you out in minutes. I have seen folks getting replacement units for free when they scratched and dropped their adapters, which not all a lot of companies would do. The charge fault you are getting is because the bottom lock is not well engaged and this has no relationship with damaging your truck. The adapter is the only one to do that, it prevents charging if not fully locked. Get in touch with them with a good attitude and they will overnight you an adapter.

As far as I know A2Z's adapters are the most used since Ford is delaying our freebie and Lectron not delivering.

TomB985

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
WOW this thread took a left turn.

My A2Z adapter has been great. It’s got better fit and finish than my Tesla CCS adapter did, and I’ve never had any issues with it. It’s quite a cynical take to assume that a helpful post was a stealth employee trying to cover for a “truly awful product.”

I love my “awful” A2Z adapter and will be using it to get to Nevada next week.

A2ZEV

Gold Sponsor
First Name
A2Z EV
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning & Ford Mach
Occupation
EVSE
Our CEO personally reached to Mr. Brian tonight. We have offered him a replacement unit and explained everything regarding safety mechanisms, locking mechanism and such.
We were not given the chance to troubleshoot this issue with him, but most likely the bottom lock was not properly engaged (that explains the charge fault) or something else not related to the adapter and its safety.
This adapter was delivered in January.
We offered an overnight replacement.
Let's hope this gets resolved.

Posting for transparency.

srspring551

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat 2023 ER, delivered 10-28-23
My A2Z adapter works just fine. Great customer service. Don't listen to the trolls...

Sponsored

HHI-Lightning

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I’d like to make a suggestion for A2Z to come out with a second version of their adapter:

Integrate a ~5’ long power cable to the adapter, thus creating a single unit that has both the adapter and extra cable length.

This would alleviate access and tension issues due to the short Tesla SC cables and the location of charging ports on the Lightning (and other EVs).

if you need a Beta tester - I’d be happy to do so!

pseudonym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
hopeful lightning
I just drove from Massachusetts to Virginia and back. Once I got the hang of it, the A2Z charger worked like a charm. The Tesla network is like flying first class.

I did have a charging fault or two, and one time got a "charger is paused" error message, but generally speaking I could get things working again by moving over one stall. I did find that starting the charge with the truck turned off works best.

jftexan

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
software
Main question, has anyone had an issue with the V3 built-in non-tesla adapter? Charge Faults?

--

Today I tried charging at a pretty new V3 Tesla SC with my 2024 Lightning. I have charged many times on my Tesla S, but this was quite the experience:

2024 F150 Flash
1500 miles
Charges fine at home on 60a Tesla Wall Charger with another adapter
I have the A2Z for the SC but this is the first time to try it

1. A2Z - First tried the Ford App, had to try to count the stalls and process of elimination based on who was charging as there were no visible markings. Is that the case or did I miss them? I got a immediate red light and charge fault. Plug and Charge was not enabled.

2. A2Z - Moved to another stall, same experience. No tension on the cable whatsoever, plenty of slack.

3. Tesla Adapter - I went into the Tesla App and added my F150 as a vehicle and hit the "Charge my Non Tesla EV". It had me pick the location and stay (3A) in this case. Then i figured out that the Tesla chargers have the built-in adapter. So I tried this adapter on two stalls. This time it started to charge longer (30-45 seconds) then hit Charge Fault. Also threw a "Need Service Soon" alert.

4. A2Z - I went back to the A2Z charger with the Tesla App and same results as step 3 above.

That being said, I'm not 100% sure the A2Z was properly seated and lock working - so I will test that.

BUT - its interesting that 2 different stalls wouldn't work with the built-in adapter. Has anyone had that problem?

JF

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Main question, has anyone had an issue with the V3 built-in non-tesla adapter? Charge Faults?

--

Today I tried charging at a pretty new V3 Tesla SC with my 2024 Lightning. I have charged many times on my Tesla S, but this was quite the experience:

2024 F150 Flash
1500 miles

1. A2Z - First tried the Ford App, had to try to count the stalls and process of elimination based on who was charging as there were no visible markings. Is that the case or did I miss them? I got a immediate red light and charge fault. Plug and Charge was not enabled.

2. A2Z - Moved to another stall, same experience. No tension on the cable whatsoever, plenty of slack.

3. Tesla Adapter - I went into the Tesla App and added my F150 as a vehicle and hit the "Charge my Non Tesla EV". It had me pick the location and stay (3A) in this case. Then i figured out that the Tesla chargers have the built-in adapter. So I tried this adapter on two stalls. This time it started to charge longer (30-45 seconds) then hit Charge Fault. Also threw a "Need Service Soon" alert.

4. A2Z - I went back to the A2Z charger with the Tesla App and same results as step 3 above.

That being said, I'm not 100% sure the A2Z was properly seated and lock working - so I will test that.

BUT - its interesting that 2 different stalls wouldn't work with the built-in adapter. Has anyone had that problem?

JF
Have you ever successfully fast charged at a non-Tesla station (CCS1)?

Sponsored

jftexan

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
software
Have you ever successfully fast charged at a non-Tesla station (CCS1)?
No fast chargers yet.

This was my first attempt and it was Tesla SC - I can try a non-tesla. Is there something I'm missing on the first setup?

I will say, I have turned off a lot of the data sharing features on the F150 but I have to turn them back on for stupid stuff like the charging tab on the app. Not a fan of the "give me all your data, and I'll give you a basic feature like charging." :/

VAF84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Consultant

--

2024 F150 Flash
1500 miles

JF
I see you're in TX, were you by chance at the Baytown Buc-cees? They haven't labeled all of the stalls there. I also had to deduce which one I was in. I have a 23 LER. At that buc-ee's I have charged at the older stalls with my A2Z via app fine. When I figured out they had the built i adapters I charged with the app fine. When the V4 showed up, I first charged by simply plugging in with no app and that worked fine. Finally, I also charged via app using built in adapter.

In other words, under all scenario's I was able to charge successfully. My first thought was that your A2Z wasn't seated correctly, but then you say you tried it with the adapter and had the same issue. Seeing as you have a relatively new 2024, the only thing I can guess, is that perhaps your truck hasn't reached the update that allows you to charge on Tesla chargers. Just a guess though. Otherwise, I see no reason why it wouldn't have worked.

electricpig

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Y

--

2024 F150 Flash
1500 miles

JF
You state that it's pretty.mew. Teslaay not have turned on the ability to change other EVs that that site yet. I know of a site that has been open for probably 6 months that was just turned on for other EVs this week. Plugshare still has it as Tesla only, but the Tesla app and website now says it is open to others with an adapter.

jftexan

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
software
I see you're in TX, were you by chance at the Baytown Buc-cees? They haven't labeled all of the stalls there. I also had to deduce which one I was in. I have a 23 LER. At that buc-ee's I have charged at the older stalls with my A2Z via app fine. When I figured out they had the built i adapters I charged with the app fine. When the V4 showed up, I first charged by simply plugging in with no app and that worked fine. Finally, I also charged via app using built in adapter.

In other words, under all scenario's I was able to charge successfully. My first thought was that your A2Z wasn't seated correctly, but then you say you tried it with the adapter and had the same issue. Seeing as you have a relatively new 2024, the only thing I can guess, is that perhaps your truck hasn't reached the update that allows you to charge on Tesla chargers. Just a guess though. Otherwise, I see no reason why it wouldn't have worked.
I appreciate it. Is there anyway to know on the update? I will go and try a non-tesla charger this week and make another attempt at testing the A2Z adapter.

jftexan

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
software
You state that it's pretty.mew. Teslaay not have turned on the ability to change other EVs that that site yet. I know of a site that has been open for probably 6 months that was just turned on for other EVs this week. Plugshare still has it as Tesla only, but the Tesla app and website now says it is open to others with an adapter.
Ah I didnt know that. I will go and test another site. In fact, I didnt know the newest ones were V4. Thanks.
Sponsored