Adaptive headlights not working after headlight change

jpena418

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning 2022 Lariat ER
OKay, need help. I hit a deer on the way home a couple of weeks ago and shattered the left front headlight. I ordered a new headlight off of Ebay and received it today. Install went pretty smooth. The problem I am having now is the adaptive headlight (bending left to right in a turn) is not working on the headlight I replaced and that side of the light bar is also not working.

Previously I had enabled glare free with Forscan and it was working perfect, not sure if that is making the new light not work.

Questions I have:

1. Do all headlights come with adaptive functions on the Ford lightnings? Maybe I bought the wrong one.
2. If I did get a headlight without adaptive functions, any way to enable it with Forscan or FDRS I have both?
3. I reset the HCM in Forscan and nothing changed anything else to try?
4. I did the calibration procedure in FDRS, anything else to try?

Thanks for the help.
Sponsored

OP
OP

jpena418

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
OKay, need help. I hit a deer on the way home a couple of weeks ago and shattered the left front headlight. I ordered a new headlight off of Ebay and received it today. Install went pretty smooth. The problem I am having now is the adaptive headlight (bending left to right in a turn) is not working on the headlight I replaced and that side of the light bar is also not working.

Previously I had enabled glare free with Forscan and it was working perfect, not sure if that is making the new light not work.

Questions I have:

1. Do all headlights come with adaptive functions on the Ford lightnings? Maybe I bought the wrong one.
2. If I did get a headlight without adaptive functions, any way to enable it with Forscan or FDRS I have both?
3. I reset the HCM in Forscan and nothing changed anything else to try?
4. I did the calibration procedure in FDRS, anything else to try?

Thanks for the help.

Okay I fixed the light bar issue by performing the PMI process in the LDCM but still having the issue with the light not turning in the direction of a turn. The passenger light rocks bath and forth during startup but the driver one does not move. The DTC in the HCM is related to a power torque not being measured.

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
Try resetting to factory settings in Forscan. Had you activated adaptive headlights previously? If so, you can reactivate them after verifying the bending feature works.

OP
OP

jpena418

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Try resetting to factory settings in Forscan. Had you activated adaptive headlights previously? If so, you can reactivate them after verifying the bending feature works.
Which module do you suggest to reset to factory, the HCM or all that were changed? (APIM, IPMA, SCCM, HCM, IPC)

I am not sure if I activated adaptive headlights, I thought the truck came with those and I activated the Glare free. Is there a setting for Adaptive?

Robob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24’ Flash
Occupation
Auto Parts & Paint/Body Supplies
I would just go back to your factory as built files for all modules you hopefully saved beforehand. Just to verify everything is working, then re-apply the glare free mod
Sponsored