Sponsored

Anyone figured out how to turn off the frunk beeping yet?

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Guess I just found out why my frunk has been acting up. I guess Ford really wanted me to clean it out so I can take it apart againšŸ¤£
Sponsored

mrau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariatāš”ER, VW ID4
True, and that is what I'll likely do.

However it would be nice to put it back into "working order" if needed. Might be a difficult wire to repair after cutting it. At that point may have to buy a new beeper.

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
Can somebody program it to sound like lightning strikes, or perhaps play thunderstruck by AC/DC or many of the other songs that mention thunder or lightningšŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£

sstevetx

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER w/Max Tow - Atlas Blue
True, and that is what I'll likely do.

However it would be nice to put it back into "working order" if needed. Might be a difficult wire to repair after cutting it. At that point may have to buy a new beeper.
I didn't cut mine, but rather pulled the wire that was wedged between 2 metal pieces in that pic earlier. I should be able to wedge it back in if needed with a little solder just to make sure it stays.

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Yep, you are right.

No MIL light on the dash, but I did check for codes. Got code: B14B8 -Sounder

May do some surgery on the beeper and reinstall in a few days.

Thanks.

Might be time for @WillB17 (MegaOhm) to design a plug-in solution. :)

IMG_2746.jpeg
On it! Going to try and get my hands on a lightning this month and figure something out. It should be a lot cheaper and easier to make than my existing bypass too based on what i've seen here. I'm glad it doesnt throw a dash code, but like others said it may be problematic and will certainly throw a non MIL code at the scanner level.

Sponsored

mrau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariatāš”ER, VW ID4
I was able to find a used beeper with the female plug still attached on eBay. After it arrived I opened it up to get a look. (Wanted to keep my original part in good order in case I need it later).

Unfortunately this part is a bit rusty inside. The ad said it came from a 2017 Subaru Impreza. It looks identical to my Ford part. Shows the same resistance when measured across the female wires (.235 ohms) when plugged into either the used buzzer or the Ford buzzer.

The inside looks to be the same resistor as others photos that were posted in this thread of the Ford original buzzer.

@WillB17 not sure if these photos will help in the design of your plug-in bypass, but here they are.

Ford F-150 Lightning Anyone figured out how to turn off the frunk beeping yet? IMG_2748

Ford F-150 Lightning Anyone figured out how to turn off the frunk beeping yet? IMG_2752

Ford F-150 Lightning Anyone figured out how to turn off the frunk beeping yet? IMG_2750

Ford F-150 Lightning Anyone figured out how to turn off the frunk beeping yet? IMG_2749

Ford F-150 Lightning Anyone figured out how to turn off the frunk beeping yet? IMG_2753

Ford F-150 Lightning Anyone figured out how to turn off the frunk beeping yet? IMG_2757

Ford F-150 Lightning Anyone figured out how to turn off the frunk beeping yet? IMG_2755

Ford F-150 Lightning Anyone figured out how to turn off the frunk beeping yet? IMG_2756

Ford F-150 Lightning Anyone figured out how to turn off the frunk beeping yet? IMG_2755

dww

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L, Tesla 3P, YP
Hey all,

I was one that removed the beeper quite a while ago. I started having fronk lifter issues recently where it would pop open and would not raise, but if i manually lifted it, it would lower and lock with no issues. Took it into the dealer, and the noted that the beeper was gone and plugged it back in and it started lifting on its own again. Looks like there may have been an update that is now checking for some of the safety items. They are continuing to do some work to find out exactly, but i guess i may have to wrap it in foam or something to quite it down after I get it back.
I did this. I wrapped the speaker in double sided foamy tape then wrapped that with black pipe insulation then taped that and put it back. Itā€™s now quiet enough to not be annoying and at 10ft or so you wouldnā€™t be able to hear it.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
I just scrunched up three large foam shipping noodles and shoved them into the speaker hole. They expanded and you can now hear this little faint beeping, but itā€™s hardly noticeable. I didnā€™t have to cut anything or solder anything and you canā€™t tell by looking at it that anythingā€™s been done.

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I was able to find a used beeper with the female plug still attached on eBay. After it arrived I opened it up to get a look. (Wanted to keep my original part in good order in case I need it later).

Unfortunately this part is a bit rusty inside. The ad said it came from a 2017 Subaru Impreza. It looks identical to my Ford part. Shows the same resistance when measured across the female wires (.235 ohms) when plugged into either the used buzzer or the Ford buzzer.

The inside looks to be the same resistor as others photos that were posted in this thread of the Ford original buzzer.

@WillB17 not sure if these photos will help in the design of your plug-in bypass, but here they are.

IMG_2748.jpeg

IMG_2752.jpeg

IMG_2750.jpeg

IMG_2749.jpeg

IMG_2753.jpeg

IMG_2757.jpeg

IMG_2755.jpeg

IMG_2756.jpeg

IMG_2755.jpeg
Thanks a ton, I did the same as you and got the buzzer as well from Ebay. I ohm'd it out to 22 ohms though. Now I am hunting down the OEM housing, terminals and seals. Finding overseas connectors though is always the hardest. EDIT: I guess I spoke too soon, found everything I need! Hopefully have a working proto in the next two weeks.

Last edited:

EliPNW

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma, Shopping for Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Tech
Thanks a ton, I did the same as you and got the buzzer as well from Ebay. I ohm'd it out to 22 ohms though. Now I am hunting down the OEM housing, terminals and seals. Finding overseas connectors though is always the hardest. EDIT: I guess I spoke too soon, found everything I need! Hopefully have a working proto in the next two weeks.
How goes the battle? Any updates?

Sponsored

drjones

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Lightning XLT
Hey there guys! Will from MegaOhm Motorsports here! I finally was able to get my hands on a Lightning again for development and dug into getting rid of the Frunk Beeper that you all hate.
I finally got my Lightning 2 weeks ago and just pulled out the little speaker (despite the code it seems to be throwing recently). I signed up here just to say 'thanks.' Oh, and I ordered the speaker bypass too!

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
How goes the battle? Any updates?
Still working on the details! Unfortunately I was shipped incompatible parts so I am in the waiting game on replacements.

dustintinsley

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
on a brand new frunk speaker from pin to pin I get a resistance of 298 Ī©. Can that be correct?

Last edited: