• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anyone need a NACS adapter?

flypony53

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, Tesla Model S
I have a June expected delivery for my adapter. I"ve been contemplating ordering the A2Z or the Lectron adapter but a little uncomfortable using an off brand on the rare chance you'd have a problem with it. I have a trip to Utah from Kansas scheduled in June so it's touch & go whether I'll have the Ford adapter in time. I think what you're doing is a great idea & would certainly be up to sending it on to someone else when done with it.
I ordered the A2Z for a road trip I had in March after learning my Ford adapter would not ship until June. Unfortunately, the A2Z came in the day I got back from that trip. They had a shipping issue on their side and delayed it even after I reached out to them asking for assistance.

After receiving it, I did try it out at a Supercharger with a bit of mixed results. First station did not work, but second station did. My device was not locking onto the Tesla plug, but they were a bit beat up for a newer station. Not sure what that issue was, but I found I needed to really press it in hard to make it work. But the key here is it did work, achieved a fairly solid speed, considering I was at a 64% SOC when I tested.
Sponsored

Pauliep

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat
This is so generous and demonstrates the community we are in.
I could use the unit. I have a trip to California scheduled in two weeks and the roads I will be taking from Phoenix (I-10 and I-5) seem to have more reliable Tesla chargers than any other brand. My charging adverse wife is digging at me saying the trip (normally 7.5 to 8 hours) will now take 9-10 hours if using a working Tesla charger, but I want to make sure I can charge at a Tesla station versus an unreliable Electrify America or a low kWh Blink station, or if I got the A2Z unit and it won’t let me charge and become stranded, thereby confirming my wife’s suspicions. This would be the first big trip taken with the truck. My unit isn’t coming in until September.

cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, Tesla Model S Plaid
Occupation
retired
This is a great idea! We did something similar on the NSX forum. One guy built a special tool to use on the abs system. We shipped it around the country. The guy in possession paid to ship it to the next person. We keep track of who had it on the forum. You just sent a message to the last guy to get it. Saved the headache of trying to build something you only needed once in a great while.

VAF84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Consultant
I watched numerous Teslas come and go, while my non-EV friendly wife was upset about the wasted time. That being said, I bought my lightning to use around town.
My charging adverse wife is digging at me saying the trip (normally 7.5 to 8 hours) will now take 9-10 hours if using a working Tesla charger, but I want to make sure I can charge at a Tesla station versus an unreliable Electrify America or a low kWh Blink station, or if I got the A2Z unit and it won’t let me charge and become stranded, thereby confirming my wife’s suspicions. This would be the first big trip taken with the truck. My unit isn’t coming in until September.
:crackup: Glad I'm not the only one with a non-EV friendly wife! She's actually hoping I get approved for the buyback because she hopes I'll go back to ICE. Little does she know there's a good chance I'll be back in an LER or Silverado EV.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Really nice offer... thank you and appreciate it. For me personally, I don't find myself going more than 200 miles away (around trip) to find the need for it. My adapter is expected to be here in May, but I hope to get it sooner.

Sponsored

Formerly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning 2022
Occupation
Construction Estimation
I have been reading the forum for a long time, but this is first post....great content here.

I have an upcoming trip in early May, and the NACS adapter will allow me to complete the trip about 2.5 hours faster than if I didn't have it (EV's in midwest can suck). I was lucky enough to randomly be on the Ford app at the exact moment that the adapter request went live.... This allowed me to receive the adapter early.

I was contemplating ordering an A2Z adapter, but was uncomfortable with the "Not recommended by Tesla / Ford" so decided against it. Due to owning both a Lightning and a Mach-E, I am now in possession of two official adapters. Personally, knowing that there are people out there that this adapter could make a substantial difference to a road trip for them, I figured I'd earn some life karma and loan it out for a while. I realize that I could get screwed over...but hoping there is some level of trust in the community.

I am open to a more democratic solution to who gets it, but best I can think of is send me a DM and I'll weigh the options. I plan on sending it out Friday (April 12) and am hoping that it will be used soon. I think it would be great if you can use it for the road trip and send it to the next person in need (And hopefully by the time all the orders are fulfilled I can get it back).

If anyone has ideas for a good way to determine who gets the adapter, I am open to ideas.

TL;DR -- I have an extra adapter, I'll pay for shipping to get it to you with the condition that you pay for shipping to send it back / to the next person.

2.PNG
3.PNG
what else is in there? ;)

OP
OP
cyclops

cyclops

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning, 2022 Mach-E, 2023 Raptor R
I love your build. Do you have a thread that talks about the build? Very cool honor system by the way. I get my adapter in Sept.
Posted a thread here.

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
Occupation
Self
Really nice offer... thank you and appreciate it. For me personally, I don't find myself going more than 200 miles away (around trip) to find the need for it. My adapter is expected to be here in May, but I hope to get it sooner.
I'm new to all this and am learning. I ordered my adapter, but where do I find out the status of my delivery?

Howard S

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Pro
I have been reading the forum for a long time, but this is first post....great content here.

I have an upcoming trip in early May, and the NACS adapter will allow me to complete the trip about 2.5 hours faster than if I didn't have it (EV's in midwest can suck). I was lucky enough to randomly be on the Ford app at the exact moment that the adapter request went live.... This allowed me to receive the adapter early.

I was contemplating ordering an A2Z adapter, but was uncomfortable with the "Not recommended by Tesla / Ford" so decided against it. Due to owning both a Lightning and a Mach-E, I am now in possession of two official adapters. Personally, knowing that there are people out there that this adapter could make a substantial difference to a road trip for them, I figured I'd earn some life karma and loan it out for a while. I realize that I could get screwed over...but hoping there is some level of trust in the community.

I am open to a more democratic solution to who gets it, but best I can think of is send me a DM and I'll weigh the options. I plan on sending it out Friday (April 12) and am hoping that it will be used soon. I think it would be great if you can use it for the road trip and send it to the next person in need (And hopefully by the time all the orders are fulfilled I can get it back).

If anyone has ideas for a good way to determine who gets the adapter, I am open to ideas.

TL;DR -- I have an extra adapter, I'll pay for shipping to get it to you with the condition that you pay for shipping to send it back / to the next person.

2.PNG
3.PNG
Trust but verify. Why not charge a deposit and refund when returned and shipping paid. Where are you located? I have a SR Pro Lightning. Driving 300 miles from LA to Mammoth can be tough with EA chargers.

Last edited:
Reactions: GDN

Sponsored

Epark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning 2023 AGATE BLACK METALLIC

2.PNG
3.PNG
Hey~ Is it still available? I just recently got my Lightning in end of March 2024. I confirmed yesterday to see the status of when the adaptor is arriving and they send me a confirmation link that says September. I have a bunch of family road trips coming up and looking for one.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
This is so generous and demonstrates the community we are in.
I could use the unit. I have a trip to California scheduled in two weeks and the roads I will be taking from Phoenix (I-10 and I-5) seem to have more reliable Tesla chargers than any other brand. My charging adverse wife is digging at me saying the trip (normally 7.5 to 8 hours) will now take 9-10 hours if using a working Tesla charger, but I want to make sure I can charge at a Tesla station versus an unreliable Electrify America or a low kWh Blink station, or if I got the A2Z unit and it won’t let me charge and become stranded, thereby confirming my wife’s suspicions. This would be the first big trip taken with the truck. My unit isn’t coming in until September.
Access to Tesla SC is a game changer for me as I dreaded the thought of going from CA to AZ and facing the few EA chargers in Quartzsite, AZ.

Now I can confidently road trip almost anywhere thanks to the Tesla SC network.

OP
OP
cyclops

cyclops

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning, 2022 Mach-E, 2023 Raptor R
For anyone following this thread.... I got the adapter sent out today and should be ready to send to the next person on May 1st. I'll let the recipient decide if they want to comment that they are getting it. If you are planning a road trip after May 1 and could use it, send me a message. If you've already sent me a message, I already have you in my list.

gratney

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER / Azure Gray
Occupation
Lab manager
That is so very kind of you to even offer. I love how much everyone helps out on this forum.

I am planning a trip to my brother's Memorial day weekend, in an area with only 1 CCS charger along the way, but two other options with NACS. My adaptor doesn't arrive until September. I would love to have use of one and would be more than happy to pay it forward. I don't know how you can manage these logistics, but I'm definitely interested in being in the queue if it works out. If not, I'll either have to drive my ICE Escape or plan around the one CCS. But it made me happy reading this that someone is even offering.

deserthi

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Tech
I am very disappointed with Lectron. I ordered 5 weeks ago and all I get from them is advertising. My Ford adapter is scheduled for May
Sponsored