• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Are 3rd party V2L adapters possible?

hajalie24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 Lightning Lariat Antimatter Blue
Are any currently planned for development?
Sponsored

Runaway Tractor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Considering Ford still hasn't accepted the abysmal failure of their home backup system, I don't think you're going to see Ford putting out anything new on that. Extracting 400vdc from the charging port is currently only possible through the use of that dumpster fire of a system. As of today, there is no way to automatically or remotely enable/disable 240vac power output or 400vdc power output.

A much simpler thing that could be implemented with a few lines of code (also nearly impossible for Ford's idiots), is the ability to turn Pro Power on/off through the app. At least then you could have it plugged into a generator inlet in advance of some known severe weather. Turn it on when needed and off when not needed.

Reactions: chl

potato

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT ER
Considering Ford still hasn't accepted the abysmal failure of their home backup system, I don't think you're going to see Ford putting out anything new on that. Extracting 400vdc from the charging port is currently only possible through the use of that dumpster fire of a system.
I think maybe that was the question. Is it possible for a third party to do a better job, or is that interface all locked up with cryptography or something.

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
Considering Ford still hasn't accepted the abysmal failure of their home backup system, I don't think you're going to see Ford putting out anything new on that. Extracting 400vdc from the charging port is currently only possible through the use of that dumpster fire of a system. As of today, there is no way to automatically or remotely enable/disable 240vac power output or 400vdc power output.

A much simpler thing that could be implemented with a few lines of code (also nearly impossible for Ford's idiots), is the ability to turn Pro Power on/off through the app. At least then you could have it plugged into a generator inlet in advance of some known severe weather. Turn it on when needed and off when not needed.
So how do you really feel?🤣😂🤣

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING
I think maybe that was the question. Is it possible for a third party to do a better job, or is that interface all locked up with cryptography or something.
Locked up with proprietary rights to using their software that controls access to the DC in/out lines to provide DC out.

Any and all DC Fast Chargers on the other hand seem to work with the Lightning via the CCS to supply DC directly to the HVB - for Tesla need an adapter either the undelivered one from Ford or one integral to the Tesla chargers.

And warranties would be voided if you alter the software, as well as being copyright violations if done without permission.

But a third party could negotiate a license to provide V2H/V2G through the Lightning...don't hold your breath though...
Sponsored